Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

You look terrible

• 727 posts
    October 15, 2022 2:16 PM PDT

Can I keep a cheap and low key appearance?

As I aquire upgrades and shards can I have a crafter design my outfits to look shabby?

Will crafters have any way to distress items? 

This is a fantasy game after all and I want to live that type of fantasy.  You see, IRL I am incredibly handsome and stylish, I constantly have to deal with men and woman propositioning me. So I would appreciate being just a normal dreg type of fellow, like the rest of you.  

Thoughts? 

• 454 posts
    October 15, 2022 9:49 PM PDT

Seeing that I am normally puffed, perfumed and a fashion maven myself I am unsure what you mean "a normal dreg type like the rest of you." I do not believe myself to be anything less than the tippiest of the top of fashion.  I find myself in agreement I too might find it droll to pretend to belong to the hoi-polloi.  I find it enervating to dabble with those of lessor status.  They have a certain primitive vim and vigor.  Especially since there might be some sort travel with animals included.  And while I assume there will eventually be some more civilized form of coach like travel, I have heard one might need to actually travel via sitting atop a horse! Ghastly beasts.  Full of smells and noises in no particular order.  I believe that I would find superbly required to roleplay a vagabond type if for no other reason to keep my precious fashions intact while traveling from place to place.  Have at it VR!

• 10 posts
    October 16, 2022 3:09 AM PDT

I am quite a bit more worried about a mismatching look as a melee class.  In EQ, I always played arcane casters because you'd get continuity of appearance with your robe covering everything.  As a lower level character, and generally always broke / not twinked, it really annoyed me to have mismatched armor as a melee ie. bronze chestplate and helm, steel gloves, chainmail sleeves and legs etc.  It would be great if you could choose to have your entire look take on the aesthetic of your chest slot item.  If others want to have the mix'n'match look, give them that option also.  Multiple helm / hood aesthetic options per head slot item would also be cool.  Working in the "distressed look" could obviously play into this.  If this is not possible, I end up itemizing my character to look as cool as possible rather than have the absolute best in slot item, even at lower levels when the going is tough.

-Athen

• 3852 posts
    October 16, 2022 7:37 AM PDT

I don't mind playing a character that is like myself in real life - perfect in every respect.

Actually I overstate things. I do have one weakness. Excessive modesty.

• 727 posts
    October 16, 2022 9:42 AM PDT

dorotea said:

I don't mind playing a character that is like myself in real life - perfect in every respect.

Actually I overstate things. I do have one weakness. Excessive modesty.

You and I should play together.  We can walk the world informing others that they should be grateful of our presence.  Perhaps that can added to the perception system, a 'ping' whenever we zone in.  

This post was edited by StoneFish at October 16, 2022 9:42 AM PDT
    • 1286 posts
    October 17, 2022 3:40 PM PDT

"Stonefish and Dorotea have arrived, you have been blessed!"
    (+10 to all stats as long as they are within 100 meters!)

• 6 posts
    October 18, 2022 3:50 AM PDT

Ranarius said:

"Stonefish and Dorotea have arrived, you have been blessed!"
    (+10 to all stats as long as they are within 100 meters! And you have acknowledged their presence through homage, verbal and/or financial. It is only right after all.)

There, fixed it for you!

• 3852 posts
    October 18, 2022 6:49 AM PDT

"There, fixed it for you!"

Thanks.

• 947 posts
    October 19, 2022 12:47 PM PDT

@Athen,

I too could not stand the mismatched looked that was so disgusting in EQ.  I think there are a couple of things in PRotF that will minimize that mismatch look: 1. Being able to dye, and they have also removed the "Arm" slot from equipable items.  (In EQ, the absolute worst appearance mismatch (for melee) was the matching between chest, arms, to wrist and hands being absolutely jarring if they were even a different color, let alone a different material.

To address the O.P. though, I think the most effective way to achieve a very specific look would be to have transmog - but we know that this feature won't be included.

I can accept my armor/clothes being something that looks unacceptable... but I really don't like ugly helms.  When you're this good looking, fashion doesn't matter... but don't cover my face ;)

• 3852 posts
    October 20, 2022 3:17 AM PDT

Let me hide the helmet (and any hood on a cloak) and I can live with the rest.

• 888 posts
    October 31, 2022 8:26 AM PDT

StoneFish said:

... [Thoughts of great profundity cut for brevity]

I'm afraid folks like us will be unable to mask our appearance, so there will be no anonymity for the Great Sage of Terminus. For, you see, VR has a secret plan to pull the avatar likeness of all of us with humanoid head shots and use it to reskin our characters' faces.  For you, that means you will be forever known to all by your dignified,  stoic visage.  As for posters like myself, my characters will be cursed with the dreaded Beavis debuff, forcing our characters to only ever be viewed from the side.

So, try as you might, you will be unable to live a life of humble anonymity. You, the GSoT, will be hounded for your wisdom as well as hunted bor your flesh by geo-pescetarians.  I wish you well. Do not log out gentle into that good night.

This post was edited by Counterfleche at October 31, 2022 8:28 AM PDT