Forums » Pantheon Classes

Multiple Class Combo Abilities - Permanent Charm, etc.

• 28 posts
    July 5, 2022 4:27 PM PDT

I've been out of touch with the Pantheon development, but I remember that there the interesting aspect of requiring different classes working together to power certain spells or abilities.  Like an Enchanter could only maintain a permanent charm on a mob by working with a Summoner.  I guess there were other class combination abilities.

Is this still a thing?

Thanks,

Mal

• 2053 posts
    July 5, 2022 6:32 PM PDT

The closest thing I know of to what you may be describing is the concept of States. This is a close parallel to combos in previous games like Vanguard, where one players puts an effect on a mob and another utilizes it. Most classes have the ability to put an enemy into a State. Environmental affects can also cause a State. When in a State, a mob - or a player - has some degree of vulnerability to certain types of damage.

There is a page in the official wiki for States here: https://pantheonriseofthefallen.fandom.com/wiki/State

• 28 posts
    July 6, 2022 7:38 AM PDT

Sorry, I couldn't remember exactly what I referring to.  It was actually the Summon Behemoth Summoner spell that required the Enchanter to Dire Charm it - as the Summoner couldn't control it once summoned.  They were going to do a bit more combinations where it required two classes to do something.

Since there has been a lot of changes I wasn't sure if this was still in or not.  But the State information is very interesting and helpful.

Thanks,

Mal

• 2053 posts
    July 6, 2022 12:32 PM PDT

Oops. I do remember that now from the details you mention. I haven't heard of any other case of such a specific combo ability for any other classes. Maybe now someone else will, with a more specific definition of the question.

At least the wiki lists that combo ability as still in.

This post was edited by Jothany at July 6, 2022 12:34 PM PDT
    • 1479 posts
    July 6, 2022 12:48 PM PDT

There were clear hints of Shaman + Wizard, with the shaman putting some kind of vulnerability to fire debuff that can be well used by the Wizard.

Also Classes having access to the Wet state with druid and lightnings.

• 947 posts
    July 6, 2022 4:41 PM PDT

Many classes will be able to capitalize on debuffs/buffs from other players and even the environment (like the wet status, or making targets vulnerable to specific elements).  I "believe" what the O.P. is referring to is specific class skills that synergize with other class skills.  There are a few calloborative abilities between classes that we know of already, the most noteable of which being the Summoner + Enchanter as the O.P. mentioned; another would be dual warriors with the Wall of Shields skill to share damage with other warriors using the same skill, or the DL using Dire Mark to redirect damage received by a tank (or any target) and then leaching health to heal themselves (while theoretically/ideally not being directly hit).

I would like to see a lot more of the very prominent class combos like the ENC/SMNR personally to promote a strong desire for specific classes to want to seek out the other.  The Wall of Shields is... OK, but nothing that you would see a group asking "Looking for another warrior" for unless for a specific encounter/mechanic perhaps.

Some random (drunk inspired) examples could include:
    DL + Paladin = Get a ying/yang ability to be able to transfer X% of all threat to each other on demand.
    Rogue + Ranger = Ranger skill that can grant the ranger stealth abilities within X proximity of targeted rogue, and targeted rogue gains bonus critical hit/dmg on enemies targeted by that ranger.
    Wiz + Nec = Necromancer curse that grants mana to the caster that strikes it with ice, and heals the necro whenever the target is slowed/frozen (assuming necro will be able to sac their health to heal others)
    Brd + Mnk = Certain hymn that Monks benefit from more-so than other classes due to the tempo matching the kata from a particular Chakra Gate, allowing the Brd to get in on the "ebb & flow" and match the monk's attack speed.

Warrior, Druid, Sham and Cleric get nothing special because they will already be desired by everyone regardless of a special skill lol.