Forums » News and Announcements

March Developer Roundtable - Writing and Art with JN and Holly

• 9115 posts
    April 1, 2022 3:59 PM PDT

Community Manager Ben “Kilsin” Walters sits down with Lead Writer JN "Istuulamae" Gerhart and Associate Concept Artist Holly “Lethe” LeMay to discuss how writing and art combine to create immersion.

https://youtu.be/qHAad19XwSI

• 810 posts
    April 2, 2022 1:48 AM PDT

I am a bit sad no one asked JN about plans for in game libraries, books, stories, etc for each race.  Will each race have their own biased written history and how deep will this go?

It feels very in line with keepers and perception, but also something 95% of the players will ignore outright.

• 31 posts
    April 25, 2022 10:42 AM PDT

Jobeson said:

I am a bit sad no one asked JN about plans for in game libraries, books, stories, etc for each race.  Will each race have their own biased written history and how deep will this go?

It feels very in line with keepers and perception, but also something 95% of the players will ignore outright.

I love the lore and no matter the game I always do every quest and read every book and text I can find in-game. I remember back in wow classic how exasperated my friends were with me when we first did the Library wing of the Scarlet Monastery. In the end I had to cut short my reading but I kept doing the dungeon over and over and after killing the last bosss I would ask someone to remain in the group so that I could stay in the instance and keep reading, usually until some respawned enemies savagely put an end to my  quest for lore :p.

• 2052 posts
    April 25, 2022 11:19 AM PDT

Nolrach said: I love the lore and no matter the game I always do every quest and read every book and text I can find in-game. I remember back in wow classic how exasperated my friends were with me when we first did the Library wing of the Scarlet Monastery. In the end I had to cut short my reading but I kept doing the dungeon over and over and after killing the last bosss I would ask someone to remain in the group so that I could stay in the instance and keep reading, usually until some respawned enemies savagely put an end to my  quest for lore :p.

I certainly want to take the time to read and learn everything we come upon while adventuring. Many other fans on the forums express the same inclination. I think that as long as you address the question when you first join, you'll often find groups that are equally interested.

I also believe that the LFG tool VR gives us will include the flexibility to make it clear when one wishes to go slow and investigate everything.