Forums » Pantheon Classes

Pretty fly for a Tank guy

• 41 posts
    August 25, 2021 12:23 PM PDT

Not sure if any NDA restrictions are involved (if so, I apologize up front for even asking), but could someone who has actually played any of the three tank classes tell me how it FEELS to play them?

Specifically:

- How fast/slow was the combat?

- How many abilities did you use during a normal encounter?  During a boss fight?

- Can the "feel" of the class be compared that of another MMO?

- Does the class have an option to go for max DPS, such as vanilla WoW Warrior?

- Did you look cool while tanking?

Basically, I'm trying to get a feel for which tank class would best suit my personality.  I've seen videos, but it's impossible to tell just by watching.  And yes, I could just wait until Alpha testing and try them all myself, but that would be far too responsible for Giskard.

• 1284 posts
    August 26, 2021 7:11 AM PDT

That would all be covered under the NDA, but ... based on the videos that have been released you could make some judgements.  The Direlord has been played and shown many times recently.  There is a warrior stream in Amberfaet that shows some good warrior footage.  Sorry, I realize you said you've seen some videos, but I think that's the best we can get for now.

• 41 posts
    August 30, 2021 8:19 AM PDT

Thanks for the feedback, @Renarius.  I was afraid of that, that the NDA would prohibit more detailed information from being shared.   The Direlord looks like it could be the most interesting Tanking class.  Guess I'll just have to wait until Alpha testing to test drive it.