Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Money money money, cash shop twist

• 727 posts
    April 14, 2021 5:20 PM PDT
    A cash shop idea

A place down a long back alley you find in the major cities. You pass through a portal and are presented with real world items.
    A Pantheon mug. A nice shirt. Real world items. Not virtual malarkey that doesn't mean anything.
    Imagine a virtual art piece, a flower or lantern that some artist designed and it's featured in the game and you think it looks so good, to later find you can order a 3d printed and assembled replica for your home. Maybe the lantern can be mounted and wired up. I would love that.
    Trouble being it can't compare to the ROI of virtual items. Things that can be copied or just given a new color or skin. Someone has to make that shirt or hat or lantern, eating into profit. But I would like to see that happen one day. To take a little bit if the world of fantasy and transfer into my world of wonder and chaos.
    • 2053 posts
    April 14, 2021 6:15 PM PDT

That's a great idea, I'd buy some of that. No doubt many others would as well.

I'm sure this has come up in other threads, and I'm thinking VR has said they like the idea too, but it will take until SOME point after release before they have the resources to focus on doing this stuff. So we have to hang on till then for some Terminus art in our homes.

• 644 posts
    April 15, 2021 5:17 AM PDT

I still can't find any archives but "back in the day" there was one particular artist who made character portraits that were AMAZING.

There was another person who took your character and 3D printed them, then painted them so you had an exact stautette of your character.

Something like this could be interesting swag

• 150 posts
    April 15, 2021 5:16 PM PDT

Or even have it accessible via that travelling yak creature VR showed off with Jared Pullen. Terrific idea either way.