Forums » Pantheon Classes

Main Class Poll

• 47 posts
    July 14, 2020 8:27 PM PDT

The only polls listed include way to many options for alts, mains and everything else.  I figured I would make this very specific poll to see what Pantheon may look like on launch day.  This poll is for mains only.  Enjoy.

https://www.strawpoll.me/20590531

• 47 posts
    July 15, 2020 10:51 AM PDT

Please vote.  30 thread views, only 10 votes.

• 70 posts
    July 16, 2020 4:43 AM PDT

the ones who didn't vote probably wanted to vote Bard!

• 47 posts
    July 16, 2020 9:26 AM PDT

Hahaha - fair point.  Over 70 thread views and only 21 votes.  It takes two clicks!!

• 560 posts
    July 16, 2020 4:58 PM PDT

Add Bard and I will vote. But even then, it is just a guess. So many things that are unknown and not able to be known at this point make it hard to vote. One of many examples is I am only favoring the Bard because of Vanguard. I have never liked the bard in any other game. So while I hope the Bard will be amazing like Vanguards how would I know at this point?

This post was edited by Susurrus at July 16, 2020 5:34 PM PDT
    • 47 posts
    July 17, 2020 12:07 PM PDT

I agree it is an unknown.  I'm not even 100% I will play Paladin - but it is what I want to play right now.  I think it's still beneficial to vote on what you will probably play.

• 560 posts
    July 17, 2020 12:57 PM PDT

Well that is a Bard. I am under the impression the bard will be in by launch but Bard is not on the list of choices. I also agree this is a cool idea and would love to add my vote to the cause.

• 945 posts
    July 17, 2020 8:40 PM PDT

Not voting until we at least know all the race/class combos.  Can't get excited about **** until we even know what the Bard and Necro are about...

• 1860 posts
    July 20, 2020 5:59 PM PDT

I voted but, depending on progeny rewards I might end up starting with a different class.  The class I voted for is based on what I plan on being long term after progeny rewards have been earned.  Most people seem to not be taking that into consideration...or maybe not understanding what that will entail.

• 560 posts
    July 20, 2020 6:18 PM PDT

@philo There is just so little information about progeny I am having doubts it will be in at launch. I know they keep brining it up but find it hard to understand how there could be so little details for such an important feature to the game. Anyways hard to plan on something when there is no information.

• 1860 posts
    July 22, 2020 10:13 AM PDT

There is so little information about a lot of systems though. 

I think progeny has a lot better chance of being in at launch compared to some other things we have been told will be there. Some of my expectations are based on similar systems in other games.  It's not a new idea so I think we can make some educated guesses to how it might be but it is just speculation.

This post was edited by philo at July 22, 2020 12:17 PM PDT
    • 346 posts
    July 31, 2020 1:29 AM PDT

Talint, if you're curious about this, there's an aggregation I did of each of the polls administered since June of 2017.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q06ZAC0Aqd7gAN3m4vXc7CkEIjU-F0N_gzQqVRfShMM/edit?usp=sharing

This post was edited by Janus at July 31, 2020 1:34 AM PDT
    • 888 posts
    August 5, 2020 10:54 AM PDT
    Janus's data are really interesting.

I have about 5 classes I am most interested in trying, but I won't know which one becomes my main until it does. For me, I need to see how the abilities and the group dynamics feel first, and equally importantis if I like my character's name and look enough. The whole package has to feel compelling for me to maintain enough interest for a character to become my main.
    • 46 posts
    September 1, 2020 2:12 PM PDT

Suprised DL isnt lower on that list lol

• 3 posts
    September 3, 2020 9:27 PM PDT

Seems fairly balanced with exception of Clericc who seem to have low representatio.

• 3 posts
    March 8, 2021 12:32 PM PST

I plan to play warrior, but I'll need to see how the class plays before I can say for absolute certain.

• 100 posts
    March 19, 2021 9:49 AM PDT

I can't vote, as mentioned in a different Thread, no class currently tickles my pickle so I'll have to check in game how they feel instead of going with just what the name make you feel like.
    So far the melee DPS of Pantheon are really underwhelming to me, I never enjoyed Rogue nor rangers and I cannot stand Monks.

As I mentioned elsewhere, some classes I'd like to play:
    An "evil" Melee DPS class mixing martial prowess and necromantic spells (prutrid DoTs type) to do damage (See some kind of Shadowknight but DPS instead of Tank)
     - Or see that as Vampiir in DAoC Weilding one weapon in one hand and casting magic on the other hand so dualwielding different skills.

A berserker Melee DPS (Had been playing Berserker for years in DAoC and loved it).

Necromancer could be cool but they are not planned for launch so, ... I can't tell

This post was edited by Khraag at March 19, 2021 1:33 PM PDT
    • 392 posts
    March 19, 2021 12:50 PM PDT

I'm interested to see how the poll looks closer to launch, I'm constantly changing between DL and Monk and probably wont commit till I get some play time in.

• 100 posts
    March 19, 2021 2:28 PM PDT

The sample size is very low, only one voting rogue, I'm sure it's not an accurate representation of the player base at launch

• 560 posts
    March 19, 2021 2:34 PM PDT

I plan on playing all the classes during Alpha and Beta before I make my final pick for my main. I could see myself playing multiple classes so frequently it would be hard to tell what is my main. Like EQ my main was not really true it was just my first. Still no Bard as an option as well. I expect until it is 100% sure no bard at launch hard for me to pick.

This post was edited by Susurrus at March 19, 2021 2:40 PM PDT
    • 9 posts
    March 28, 2021 9:48 AM PDT

Janus said:

Talint, if you're curious about this, there's an aggregation I did of each of the polls administered since June of 2017.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q06ZAC0Aqd7gAN3m4vXc7CkEIjU-F0N_gzQqVRfShMM/edit?usp=sharing

Awesome job!

• 30 posts
    April 9, 2021 1:22 PM PDT

I can not vote since my race is not allowed to play my class!!