Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - Guilds

• 9115 posts
    July 9, 2020 5:17 AM PDT

Community Debate - Guilds - Do you like to be part of a guild or do you tend to run with friends or family (or Solo) instead? #MMORPG#CommunityMatters

• 413 posts
    July 9, 2020 5:34 AM PDT

Friends and family mostly, I like to solo as well especially if I am low on time.  but if I find a friendly guild that has a good mix of casual players, I would certainly join.

• 79 posts
    July 9, 2020 5:35 AM PDT

I *much* prefer being part of a guild, even though I can often be found running solo, doing my own thing.

• 438 posts
    July 9, 2020 5:49 AM PDT
    I enjoy guilds. I have some very good gaming friends now just from joining a random guild of nice folk. Outside of guilds, I group mainly with my brother and some of his friends.
    • 21 posts
    July 9, 2020 6:20 AM PDT

I like solo and group content . For group content it is easier to be part of a guild . That s why i join one . I like to help or be helped by guild members.

• 1281 posts
    July 9, 2020 6:59 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - Guilds - Do you like to be part of a guild or do you tend to run with friends or family (or Solo) instead? #MMORPG#CommunityMatters

I mostly run guildless, but enjoyed a good enough reputation that I would frequently get invited to guild events and raids for guilds that had friends and acquaintances in them.

• 2419 posts
    July 9, 2020 7:02 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

A guild, definitely.  One that shares my same dedication, approach, mindset and activity level that is large enough to be wholly self sufficient.

• 1428 posts
    July 9, 2020 7:10 AM PDT
    mostly solo. i ragtag with pvpers and we tend to float alot XD.
    • 1785 posts
    July 9, 2020 7:22 AM PDT

I lead guilds, so I guess that means I like them.  However, it's very important to me that my guilds "feel" like actual communities where people have a vested interest in each other's success.  If you can't call your guildmates your friends (after a little time), then why are you still there?

• 500 posts
    July 9, 2020 7:22 AM PDT

I have my guild, but also generally have a core group of friends I play with as well.

• 3852 posts
    July 9, 2020 7:26 AM PDT

Guild.

• 2756 posts
    July 9, 2020 7:34 AM PDT

I tend to run with RL friends (and those made in game, eventually) and *have* played with guilds, but I have to say, that has been an experience fraught with stress and unpleasantness.

I'm hoping for a different experience in Pantheon born from not *needing* a guild like some kind of mafia/gang protection.

• 1247 posts
    July 9, 2020 9:10 AM PDT

Guild.

Guilds, "families," and soloers will all face the same challenges in this immersive world.

#communitymatters #makenightmatteragain #factionsmatter #riskvsreward #deathpenalty #HardRaiding #respectyourguild #HellLevels #worldsnotgames #sticktoyourvision #restoreMMORPG

• 220 posts
    July 9, 2020 1:54 PM PDT

I will likely solo as well as join casual groups from time to time as my days of guild raids are long over. I just don't have the patience for the time commitment, the politics or just generaly speaking the immersion breaking noise of it anymore. 

This post was edited by Nekentros at July 12, 2020 1:03 PM PDT
    • 454 posts
    July 9, 2020 7:40 PM PDT

Guild, definitely.

• 51 posts
    July 9, 2020 7:56 PM PDT

I can't even imagine playing this game without a guild given the emphasis on difficult group content. It needs to be a mid-sized, active guild too.

• 368 posts
    July 9, 2020 8:25 PM PDT

Yes to guilds! For me personally it wouldnt have to be too complex, it can be real basic. 

- Guild name tag on character.
     - Private guild chat channel 
     - Some sort of public amenity access. (Anything you want guilds to have; guild bank, crafting stations, traders/vendors/merchants, guild caravans, etc)
     - UI > roster, comment field, alt flag, ranks, some sort of generic point tracking system 

Just please make it one guild per character. No joining 2,3,4 guilds.

This post was edited by arazons at July 9, 2020 8:40 PM PDT
    • 521 posts
    July 9, 2020 8:34 PM PDT

Guild. Why play online if you want to solo exclusively.

• 1278 posts
    July 9, 2020 11:22 PM PDT

I only want to invest my time and energy getting to know other players in a game that I plan on playing for a long time.  I plan to play Pantheon for years (hopefully!) so I plan to find a guild full of people that I can help out and have fun with...and similar play hours as me.

Of course during the times I am planning to log on for 45 minutes or less I'll be doing stuff solo (crafting, travelling, marketting, questin, etc).

This post was edited by Ranarius at July 9, 2020 11:23 PM PDT
    • 902 posts
    July 10, 2020 2:23 AM PDT

I will be running with family mostly, but I do intend to join a like minded guild and am sure I will be grouping with them too. I always liked the guild building and player interactions (game based and personal). Im not much of a fan of pugs, but I have made friends in the past when I have come across someone who needed a hand with a mob, then that turning into an hour long session followed by long lasting friendships.

So in short my intension is to run in family and guild groups with the odd pickup along the way. I will run solo sometimes when I want a break from the guild politics or just to chill.

• 261 posts
    July 10, 2020 4:44 AM PDT

In EQ I enjoyed the guild I was in. Since then I have not enjoyed guilds very much and prefer friends to group with.

• 228 posts
    July 10, 2020 5:09 AM PDT

For me, a casual guild facilitates every social aspect that I desire.

When I played EQ2 and Vanguard with my wife and (then) kids, we were members of the same guilds. The first fiends I find will often invite me to their guild, and if it's the type of guild I seek, I will accept, which invitable leads to more social connections. Likewise, if I meet nice people in PUGs, I will invite them to join.

Also, in a guild it makes a lot more sense to be generous with dropped loot and crafted items.

• 1281 posts
    July 10, 2020 9:58 AM PDT

Kalok said:

Kilsin said:

I mostly run guildless, but enjoyed a good enough reputation that I would frequently get invited to guild events and raids for guilds that had friends and acquaintances in them.

To add to what I said...

My single biggest reason as to why I mostly stay guildless is the politics.  No matter how hard you try, guilds turn political.  Any group of people will over time.I don't care who can't stand who and who doesn't want to group with who.  I also don't like how the majority of them tend to turn autocratic and the leadership tends to get dictatorial over time.  "Look dude.  I have a day job and I'm not staying up until 3:00am to help you get your uber what's it."  "Fine!  Then you're out of the guild."

This post was edited by Kalok at July 10, 2020 9:59 AM PDT
    • 768 posts
    July 10, 2020 9:34 PM PDT

A guildsystem is one of those things that pulled me in.

The aspect of rallying behind the same banner and carrying out that banner in this alternative world is really appealing. 

It's a way of kameradery and being proud that I personally can't manifest within the real world.

Especially if the management of that guild is in such a way that you have things to be proud of or when they organize events that can display your guild's community (and it's culture).

I'm all for it. Most likely, I'll team up with guildies which would make up the most of my frequent ingame contacts. I tend to reach out to all who calls for it, so everyone else would be the infrequent contacts.

I do not plan on playing solo in a Massive Multi Player online roleplaying game. If possible, that would include my time crafting (be that near players or with players).

Plenty of other games out there to solo play and still be connected with friends or multiplatform guilds by other means than in the game itself. Games I can't seem to commit myself to anymore, ever since tasting what mmorpg's can offer.

This post was edited by Barin999 at July 10, 2020 9:35 PM PDT
    • 123 posts
    July 10, 2020 10:37 PM PDT

I am a fan of Guild's; however, being in a guild that fits your playstyle is important.

I am of the opinion you should spend time with a person (or group of people) before joining the guild.  Random invites are always declined by me.  If you do not have the common decency to strike up a conversation or group with a person to see if our playstyles match, why would I join?