Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Aradune Server?

• 844 posts
    June 2, 2020 4:52 PM PDT

Why do I find it wrong that DBG has co-opted Brad's EQ1 character name for their new TLP server?

Was that decision made before his death?

Was it ok'd by his family?

• 2053 posts
    June 2, 2020 6:57 PM PDT

zewtastic said:

Why do I find it wrong that DBG has co-opted Brad's EQ1 character name for their new TLP server?

At a guess, I'd say it's because you enjoy complaining about things.

• 500 posts
    June 2, 2020 7:13 PM PDT

I think it is a tribute to Brad, not something nefarious imho.

• VR Staff
    • 342 posts
    June 3, 2020 10:45 AM PDT

Considering Aradune exists in the EQ lore, they are within rights to include his name. Look at all the things they have done with Fippy Darkpaw which was an actual handle of a longtime employee as well.

Their intent was to honor Brad, there is nothing nefarious in it. Besides, who is to say Norrath and Terminus don't exist in the same reality....

There is your conspiracy for the day :)

• 844 posts
    June 3, 2020 1:35 PM PDT

Thanks for making me feel better about their use of Brad's toon name.

• 947 posts
    June 3, 2020 4:35 PM PDT

Grymmlocke said:

I think it is a tribute to Brad, not something nefarious imho.

This.

• 63 posts
    June 5, 2020 8:59 AM PDT

Artois said:

Considering Aradune exists in the EQ lore, they are within rights to include his name. Look at all the things they have done with Fippy Darkpaw which was an actual handle of a longtime employee as well.

Their intent was to honor Brad, there is nothing nefarious in it. Besides, who is to say Norrath and Terminus don't exist in the same reality....

There is your conspiracy for the day :)

Mind blown.... hahah

• 947 posts
    June 13, 2020 11:56 AM PDT

Something I find unacceptable on this server is the 2+ hour queue just to log onto the server.  Queues are acceptable when a game is free, but when paying a subscription, this is borderline illegal (if not for their disclaimer).  I feel like I should get my subscription fee back because I can't even log on because people with multiple characters can stay logged in indefinitely becaues being at the character select screen doesn't log you off of the server.  They need to force logoff after a few mins of AFK (even at character select screen).  Just because the game is so damn slow, you have to be AFK to play it.  Sitting around AFK (wasting time) is not "fun" when its necessary.