Forums » News and Announcements

May 28th Development Stream

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    May 26, 2020 9:06 AM PDT

Please join us May 28th at 6pm PDT for the latest in Pantheon development. This week we'll be discussing Quests, Combat Animations, and more!

Check out all the fun at: twitch.tv/visionaryrealms

This post was edited by Roenick at May 26, 2020 9:23 AM PDT
    • 287 posts
    May 26, 2020 9:28 AM PDT

ooh, a stream on the bells and whistles instead of what is going on under the hood. I like it!

• 1273 posts
    May 26, 2020 9:40 AM PDT

Hurray for quests!  Such a hot topic right now in the forrum too.  Looking forward to it!

• 500 posts
    May 26, 2020 9:41 AM PDT

Thanks @Roenick.  Looks to be a good week with the DRT this week as well.

• 1281 posts
    May 26, 2020 10:22 AM PDT

Out of the blue beans!

• 1992 posts
    May 26, 2020 7:06 PM PDT

Hooraaah!

• 4 posts
    May 28, 2020 10:53 AM PDT

YUS!

• 7 posts
    May 28, 2020 11:16 AM PDT

Perfect timing for me! So excited

• 2 posts
    May 28, 2020 3:20 PM PDT
    Always happy for more info as it becomes available. Thanks to those of you @VR who are working hard to bring us the game we all want
    • 19 posts
    May 28, 2020 6:50 PM PDT
    Chris dont worry about the technical difficulties with the stream. VR is doing a phenomenal job with the development of the game. Would you be able to do a Cohh stream showcasing PvP?
    • 1281 posts
    May 28, 2020 6:59 PM PDT

When it comes to animation canceling, please let us use duck button.

Thanks a bunch!

• 2419 posts
    May 28, 2020 7:24 PM PDT

OMFG...we had to wait a month for what ended up being a technical shiteshow?  In every stream you guys put out at least one of your people have their video/auto out of sync.  Every....damn....time.  How can you be so technicaly terrible to not actually put out a polished stream?  And then, after having to stop because of 'technical issues'..costing everyone what, 20 lost minutes, you then get all stickler for sticking to ending after 1 hour?  Holy effing shite...

This post was edited by Vandraad at May 28, 2020 7:24 PM PDT
    • 1860 posts
    May 28, 2020 7:57 PM PDT

I missed it...what happened?

• 839 posts
    May 28, 2020 8:40 PM PDT

philo said:

Video was stuttering a lot during true gameplay, seemed like a twitch thing, they will be posting a pre recorded version of the gameplay sections, as they didn't get it fixed while streaming. Still lots of good info in there Philo, mainly within the patch notes and a look at some new animations early on. Keep eyes peeled for the pre recorded video. Assuming they will post it on here.

• 1281 posts
    May 28, 2020 9:59 PM PDT

Hokanu said:

philo said:

Video was stuttering a lot during true gameplay, seemed like a twitch thing, they will be posting a pre recorded version of the gameplay sections, as they didn't get it fixed while streaming. Still lots of good info in there Philo, mainly within the patch notes and a look at some new animations early on. Keep eyes peeled for the pre recorded video. Assuming they will post it on here.

@23:55 in the first vide when Ben changed his resolution in game it looked like he was selecting 120hz. Not sure how that would impact Twitch but I assume not great if the game is really running at 120FPS.

Plus there was some buffering going on, who knows what the issue really was.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at May 28, 2020 10:01 PM PDT
    • 1479 posts
    May 28, 2020 10:57 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

OMFG...we had to wait a month for what ended up being a technical shiteshow?  In every stream you guys put out at least one of your people have their video/auto out of sync.  Every....damn....time.  How can you be so technicaly terrible to not actually put out a polished stream?  And then, after having to stop because of 'technical issues'..costing everyone what, 20 lost minutes, you then get all stickler for sticking to ending after 1 hour?  Holy effing shite...

Like no live never ever goes wrong anywhere. **** can happens, especially when you actually do something. Of course it doesn't when you don't.

• 768 posts
    May 28, 2020 11:02 PM PDT

Thanks again for the stream. A bit unlucky on the technical part but quite some beans spilled again! Nice!

• 9115 posts
    May 28, 2020 11:21 PM PDT

Glad you liked it, guys! Sorry again for the tech issues...we will get things worked out for next time.

• 839 posts
    May 28, 2020 11:39 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Glad you liked it, guys! Sorry again for the tech issues...we will get things worked out for next time.

All good brother, it happens to the best of us, there were some good tid bits out of it even with the technical issues, has the pre recorded quest bit been recorded and uploaded yet matey? 

Cheers!

• 9115 posts
    May 29, 2020 5:43 AM PDT

Hokanu said:

Kilsin said:

All good brother, it happens to the best of us, there were some good tid bits out of it even with the technical issues, has the pre recorded quest bit been recorded and uploaded yet matey? 

Cheers!

Thanks mate, I believe it should be up by tomorrow.

• 523 posts
    May 29, 2020 12:02 PM PDT

That one was rough guys, definitely not worth the month wait.  Make it up to us with a bonus content stream or Q&A or something to tide us over for yet another month.  Maybe whatever you upload tomorrow will have some additional content added going above and beyond what was planned.  Seriously though, I agree with Vandraad on the critique that you need to hire a professional to help with the quality of these monthly videos.

• 1281 posts
    May 29, 2020 12:40 PM PDT

The quality of the streams has been increasing and the last few have been very good, so there's no need to make changes. Stuff happens once in a while, no one is to blame. They are going to make up for it by posting the quest showcase pre-recorded, which is absolutely just fine and reasonable.

Thanks for the stream!.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at May 29, 2020 12:41 PM PDT
    • 1273 posts
    May 29, 2020 2:35 PM PDT

I agree, the quality was fine.  I don't think they should be hiring anyone for something like this when the quality is normaly great and they have plenty of streamers willing to do it for free (and also do a great job!)

• 4 posts
    May 29, 2020 5:54 PM PDT

Lets go!!! (Cracks fingers)

• 159 posts
    May 29, 2020 8:17 PM PDT

The follow up video was good. The game looks awesome.  If I'm able to sweet talk my old lady. I'm going to upgrade to VIP pleadge so I can do PA5.      ( Improvise....  Do or Die. )   Things happen. You stepped up and improvised.