Forums » The Rogue

Endurance

• Wig
    • 230 posts
    May 25, 2020 2:59 PM PDT
    Do we know how endurance works? Is it like energy similar to a rogue in WoW? We start with a full endurance bar and our abilities cost endurance to use? Or do we use abilities and do damage to gain endurance?
    • 1189 posts
    May 26, 2020 7:33 AM PDT

Wig said: Do we know how endurance works? Is it like energy similar to a rogue in WoW? We start with a full endurance bar and our abilities cost endurance to use? Or do we use abilities and do damage to gain endurance?

From what I have seen in the streams, the former, but there are ways to gain endurance during combat as well.

• 634 posts
    May 26, 2020 7:38 PM PDT

Unless I'm halluci-membering :) characters have a Stamina bar, not an endurance bar. I also *think* the bar is rated in %, not absolute units.

As far as I remember, endurance is just one of our stats. I assume it has a lot to do with how much stamina we have, or how fast it regenerates. I'm also guessing that it has some corollary to how much life (hp) we have.

As well as playing a part in various other things that we haven't been told yet.

Stamina however does seem to act like your first example though, at least for melee. I haven't payed a lot of attention to how it goes for magic users.

• Wig
    • 230 posts
    June 5, 2020 9:03 PM PDT
    It says on the rogue page that their combat resource is “endurance”. So I don’t believe it’s a stat really
    • 634 posts
    June 6, 2020 12:19 AM PDT

Wig said: It says on the rogue page that their combat resource is “endurance”. So I don’t believe it’s a stat really

You're absolutely right. Stamina is the stat and Endurance is the Resource.

I think I must have been having a flashback to my first serious MMO, where it was the other way around.

Warning: Old Hippie Alert!

:D

• 2692 posts
    June 8, 2020 11:44 AM PDT

Every class has endurance, the rogue special mechanic is "opportunity" IIRC.