Forums » Crafting and Gathering

“ Crafting and the Community ” w/ Therek

• 259 posts
    April 21, 2020 7:57 AM PDT

On this weeks “ Crafting and the Community ” we are spotlighting community member “ Therek ”. A huge thank you from Old School Crafters to " Therek " @PantheonPlus, for taking the time to answer these few questions for us.

Be sure to check out Therek here:

On Twitter

And on Twitch TV

Please consider becoming a VIP Member by Pledging to Support the Development of Pantheon.

1) Do you enjoy crafting or are you more of the adventuring type?

I look at the balance between adventuring and crafting in an MMO, for me personally, as how I might feel were I actually in the world. My life is an adventure, but every adventure needs some time to rest and recoup your adventuring spirit. So, while I am an explorer, pioneer, and slayer of dragons first and foremost, crafting provides me with some solace before the next adventure.

2) What was your first experience with crafting in an MMORPG?

My first experience with crafting in an MMORPG was Everquest, although I might say EQ had more of a “throw things in a box and hope for the best” way of crafting than an actual system. I think the first real “system” I experienced was in Vanguard and it was the one I enjoyed the most, although I had fun with EQ2’s crafting as well. The day I finished my Thestran sloop in Vanguard, after all the grind, was pretty momentous.

3) Do you have a favorite type of crafting and if so why?

As a tried and true Ranger, woodworking and fletching have been my trade. I like to be self-sufficient in my hunting supplies so being able to craft my own bows and arrows ha always appealed to me. I’m really looking forward to the Ranger abilities in Pantheon that provide arrow coatings.

4) Are you excited with development of the crafting and harvesting skills?

While I am excited for Pantheon’s harvesting and crafting, my focus has been on learning other areas for now. I want to dive into harvesting and crafting when we have a little more information to work with.

5) And lastly, how important of a role do you feel crafting should play in Pantheon?

I want Pantheon to have a very robust crafting system as I feel professions provides MMOs with an essential aspect of what makes it a world, rather than just a game. As I said in the first question, a deep crafting system balances the combat and PvE systems so players have choice how they want to spend their time. It is also fundamental for a good player-based economy, which I really miss in MMOs. Knowing that the Coldark Ore I found in Amberfaet last night, while perhaps of little value to me as a woodworker, is of extreme value to my friend who is a master smith, is a great integration of these systems.

*Remember to check back as we spotlight different community members.

• 197 posts
    April 23, 2020 12:54 PM PDT

You are very welcome! I enjoyed reflecting on carfting in MMOs and what it will be in Pantheon.

Stay tuned to PantheonPlus on social media as we are aiming to do a show all about crafting in the near future. Details to come!

• 259 posts
    April 24, 2020 11:16 AM PDT
    It was a pleasure having you, excited to see what you guys have in store for us!