Forums » News and Announcements

Next DevStream: April 30

• 200 posts
    April 15, 2020 3:52 PM PDT

Brasse said:

I don't think I am qualified to make those statements. I see the game, I am privileged to mess around in it, but I do NOT make the judgment calls.
    The next pre-Alpha will be when the Dev team decides it's ready, and they have set a pretty high bar for themselves.

Me, as an old Dwarf, I'd be happy just to sit around in game and gab with ye all about life, the universe and everything. ;P
    I go by the Producer's Letters as much as you do, because that is where I see the top-down, objective look at where the game is, as opposed to my own perspective.
    Brasse

Fair enough! Thanks friend!

• 839 posts
    April 15, 2020 9:12 PM PDT

Awesome VR, I thought monthly would be a bit easier to handle amongst everything else, looking forward to it!

Reichsritter said:

Ezrael said:

Fragile said: I want to say so much here, but I will just bid you farewell instead. Too many fallacies and inconsistencies to justify paying attention or hoping for this "project" any longer. Good luck.

You've become incredibly immature and toxic lately, seen here in this post you choose to write in this thread. Your negativity won't be missed.

What's immature and toxic is lavishing undeserved praise on a company that only exists because of our money and giving the benefit of the doubt to people that consistently can't keep to any sort of schedule or promises. Far more people agree with people like Fragile and Vandraad than you might think.

Hmm, no neither of those things are immature nor toxic.  What you are seeing from others is patience mixed with lots of excitement matey you would be well served by considering changing your perspective so you can enjoy the waiting time instead of resent it and please stop believing you are owed some timeframe. Brad was EXTREMELY CLEAR from the beginning that promises in the form of dates will NOT be given until the work is virtually completed for whatever the announcement is to be.  Fragile and Flapp have made a good decision to walk away and reset, the game will be done when it is done, people that cant wait patiently (btw waiting patiently doesnt mean you dont nit pick forseeable problems, but do it in a constructive way and DO NOT EXPECT a date to come at you as a answer) should probably just take some time away, and then be surprised when it comes out!  Woohoo party on!

This post was edited by Hokanu at April 16, 2020 4:00 AM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    April 15, 2020 9:37 PM PDT

Looking forward to it!

This post was edited by bigdogchris at April 15, 2020 9:38 PM PDT
    • 768 posts
    April 16, 2020 12:55 AM PDT

Brasse said:

Fellow Fantheons!

We are going to return to a monthly streaming cadence ...

Join us for our next Pantheon DevStream, on April 30, 2020!

Thanks for the update, on to april the 30th it is!

• 1315 posts
    April 16, 2020 4:31 AM PDT

As someone who spends at least 25% of his working life in meetings I fully understand that they cut heavily into productivity time.  So often less really is more as I am sure these streams and visual updates consume a significant amount of man hours when you consider the size of the team.

My only thought is that the day right before a big meeting is when I am at my own most focused and productive as I rush to get things done in time.  It’s a careful balancing act if updates and deadlines help speed up production and heighten focus or if they consume more man hours than they gain and depends heavily on personal factors.

• 500 posts
    April 16, 2020 7:09 AM PDT

Brasse said:

Fellow Fantheons!

We are going to return to a monthly streaming cadence - trying to organize streams bi-weekly has been a scheduling and logistics challenge, and we want all hands working on the game itself.

A monthly stream will allow us to provide a better overview of progress for you all, at the level of content and detail that you deserve - more beans, less filler.

Join us for our next Pantheon DevStream, on April 30, 2020!

I assume the usual time slot for the stream... 6PM Pacific, 8PM Central & 9PM Eastern. Correct?

• April 16, 2020 1:23 PM PDT

I am going to assume the same time slot, but it will definitely be laid out when we get closer to the date and make a more official announcement. :)
    That time slot seems to work for the majority of the folks involved.
    ~B

• Pro
    • 9 posts
    April 17, 2020 7:50 PM PDT

Thank you for the updates. Please continue to allocate resources wisely. I hope the team does not feel obligated to appeal to a negative vocal minority. I think most supporters understand the bigger picture and the challenges presented in having such a small team and budget for a larger project.

I support the decisions of the team, and genuinely believe that the progress of the game is most important above all. One of the best ways to support the game is to be positive about the future. New members of our growing community will respond better, and it will overall be a more constructive environment. If you truly love the idea of this game, please consider that before you demand dates and transparency.

There is plenty out there to keep us occupied while the team works on bringing this great idea to fruition.

• 134 posts
    April 19, 2020 9:55 AM PDT

I think that is a good idea honestly. I loved the stuff they have been showing off the last few months but going to a once a month update just seems to make more sense all around. It gives them more time to prepare what they will show off, more time to work on stuff they will show off, and more time to focus on what needs to be focused on. I support this.

• 9 posts
    April 19, 2020 11:51 AM PDT

Thanks for the update Brasse, looking forward to it! and hopefully, the cleric reveal soon!