Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Lore based group restrictions?

• 99 posts
    April 5, 2020 9:51 AM PDT

With lore constantly coming up in discussions as to the reasoning behind choices made would it be that far off to think that we might see some group restrictions based off of lore? Paladins dire lords necros should they be allowed to group togeather or should certain classes be forbidden to be within the same group? Just looking for a little thought on the topic obviously it would add a layer of difficulty to the game.

• 1584 posts
    April 5, 2020 10:11 AM PDT

Nah we don't need this kind of restriction, having the lore decide how NPC's react to us is different than having the player's not being bale to group with them, like if my brother wants to be a necro and i want to be a paladin, we shouldn't simply be denied or have one of us change a class we might actually like just becuase of lore.  Plus it also seperates the community naturally by doing it, imagine doing a raid with paladins, clerics(no Dark Myr), warrior, monks, rangers, druids and such but the the "evil" classes would have like Necro, Direlord, warrior, cleric(Dark Myr only), Shaman, and so on, it's completely setting classes apart for no reason imo, honestly i would rather have Servers based on Time Zones to split the community up more than it needs to be than you have the community split between themselves simply nbecuase of Race/Class combo you decided to pick.

• 196 posts
    April 5, 2020 10:46 AM PDT

Riahuf22 said:

Nah we don't need this kind of restriction, having the lore decide how NPC's react to us is different than having the player's not being bale to group with them, like if my brother wants to be a necro and i want to be a paladin, we shouldn't simply be denied or have one of us change a class we might actually like just becuase of lore.  Plus it also seperates the community naturally by doing it, imagine doing a raid with paladins, clerics(no Dark Myr), warrior, monks, rangers, druids and such but the the "evil" classes would have like Necro, Direlord, warrior, cleric(Dark Myr only), Shaman, and so on, it's completely setting classes apart for no reason imo, honestly i would rather have Servers based on Time Zones to split the community up more than it needs to be than you have the community split between themselves simply nbecuase of Race/Class combo you decided to pick.

I do agree with this, but add a twist to it if they have a religous following have in EQ, but it provides some minor non-game breaking bonus of sorts depending on the faith they follow and the x players in a party.but does allow players of other faiths join the same party with no restrictions or even if a certain group of faiths provide some insignificant bonus. just as a thought. 

This post was edited by Oldwargoat39 at April 5, 2020 10:53 AM PDT
    • 1584 posts
    April 5, 2020 10:49 AM PDT

Oldwargoat39 said:

Riahuf22 said:

I do agree with this, but add a twist to it if they have a religous following have in EQ, but it provides some minor non-game breaking bonus of sorts depending on the faith they follow and the x players in a party.but does allow players of other faiths join the same party with no restrictions. 

I wouldn't really like that either, it would just have grps looking for players that are both a certain archtype and a certain religion, becuase even though they might not get restricted for being different, they are being punished for not being the same nonetheless.

• 196 posts
    April 5, 2020 11:00 AM PDT

I  can go with that, just thought some sort of minor non-game influancing effect could be useful.

This post was edited by Oldwargoat39 at April 5, 2020 11:18 AM PDT
    • 521 posts
    April 5, 2020 12:22 PM PDT

I wouldn't place hard restrictions, I’m certainly no expert on pantheon Lore, but depending on how the Lore is relating to Deity's and Class/Race something similar to the way D&D handles Aliments and character choices could work.

• 2130 posts
    April 5, 2020 12:56 PM PDT

no

• 1618 posts
    April 5, 2020 1:40 PM PDT

No, there is already too much player separation. The current lore has all the races fighting to survive, not necessarily against each other. Since there are no PVP factions, there is no reason to eliminate groupings. Especially with religions, since each race has their own pantheon and the pantheons between races are not diametrically opposed to each other.

• 196 posts
    April 5, 2020 3:00 PM PDT

well I was thinking of ways with in-game mechanics other then the usual ways to propergate more social interactions between other player that they would not interact with..

• 238 posts
    April 5, 2020 7:14 PM PDT

I'm going to say no, anything that hinders grouping isn't good for the longevity of a game in my honest opinion. 

I definitely think that the Devs need to do something story-wise that would explain why all of a sudden the various factions (both races and classes) of terminus are banning together. The Skar race really stands out to me as the only race that literally has no reason to seek grouping opportunities with the other races based on their lore. I am really curious as to why all of a sudden they would forgo their warlike instincts and start needing/wanting to group with the various other races in the game. 

• 839 posts
    April 5, 2020 9:31 PM PDT

Should just be left up to individuals to RP those kind of things, as mentioned NPCs are one thing, but player choices are another

• 1399 posts
    April 6, 2020 12:17 AM PDT

I think I have to agree with the majority here due to the hindrance of grouping as has been mentioned the game needs to allow mixed grouping of all races.

BUT that’s as far as I take it. from a Lore or a "Worlds not Games" stand point they should absolutely be restricted. What I would really like to se was some "natural" barriers, not Hard Coded like Wow Hoard vs. Alliance.

Not able to understand chat (no common tongue, learn the language) and I know they would voice chat

Cities/Guards are KOS. but all factions could be changed if you put in the work (or Progeny)

Things like that, not hard barriers, or wide open. I would like these on a standard PVE server, but expect they would need to be on a RP server.

• 99 posts
    April 6, 2020 4:35 AM PDT

So do you think we will see some lore backed reason why races and classes unite on Terminus at some point? I do agree that it would be more of a hinderance to the game to further seperate the player base but if lore continues to be such a guiding factor it would make sense to have this loose end tied up at some point.

This post was edited by SugarWood at April 6, 2020 4:36 AM PDT
    • 1584 posts
    April 6, 2020 4:53 AM PDT

SugarWood said:

So do you think we will see some lore backed reason why races and classes unite on Terminus at some point? I do agree that it would be more of a hinderance to the game to further seperate the player base but if lore continues to be such a guiding factor it would make sense to have this loose end tied up at some point.

Well I mean you could, but honestly in the lore many already have band together to survive, so the while you going out and grouping up with people is kind of like you writing your own story right?

This post was edited by Cealtric at April 6, 2020 4:55 AM PDT