Forums » The Shaman

• 10 posts
    March 17, 2020 12:28 PM PDT

I fondly remember charming sonic bats in solb and wonder if we should be able to charm animals as a support class?

• 502 posts
    March 17, 2020 2:10 PM PDT

This is a difficult question to offer an informed opinion on. Looking at all 3 healers' 'support' abilities -abilities other than offensive or healing- I can count nearly twice as many of them in the Druid and Cleric lists as the Shaman. However, those listings are years old. In addiction, we've been told repeatedly that we haven't been told ALL of any classes abilities. Even the recent Living Codex that Cohh showed is supposedly incomplete.

We do have 3 flavors of a Slow, so we're not without an CC ability to offer. Charm seems to me to be more powerful than just a slow, root or mez. So I'm cautious of asking for too much, as the joy of getting an improvement to my class is never as great as the sadness of having something taken away. At least for me.

And that's my definitive answer ROLF.

• 1892 posts
    March 19, 2020 7:49 AM PDT

What about the Pantheon version of the shaman even lends you to think that we have any relationship with animals OTHER than our alleged familiar wolf/bear thingy?  Just because that exists doesn't mean we have some deep relationship with nature and animals that would justify having the ability to charm animals. Thats far more Ranger/Druid.

• 10 posts
    March 20, 2020 8:02 PM PDT
    Yes I disliked having charm taken away in EQ. The sonic bats’s stun was marvelous. Vandraad purely because we used to have it in EQ AND the familiars that’s we supposedly choose, get and train for more skills. To me that implies a tie to nature in a different way than a Druid and with animals.
    • 502 posts
    March 29, 2020 10:32 AM PDT

Vandraad said:

What about the Pantheon version of the shaman even lends you to think that we have any relationship with animals OTHER than our alleged familiar wolf/bear thingy?  Just because that exists doesn't mean we have some deep relationship with nature and animals that would justify having the ability to charm animals. Thats far more Ranger/Druid.

In the real world (yes, reality is my argument) a Shaman is every bit as entrenched and connected to the whole of Nature as a Druid is. Just from a different area of the world.

• 50 posts
    March 31, 2020 6:19 PM PDT

Shaman's didnt charm in EQ - Druids did...Shaman's had a spirit wolf pet...as they will in Pantheon.

I dont think Shaman's shoudl be able to charm...since they already have a pet.  Plus i only charmed if i had a back up healer because if it broke after buffing it my pet would wrek me...especially in POH...charm a big ape and buff it up crazy....aaaah they would kill my druid so fast...

This post was edited by ShaggNasty at March 31, 2020 6:20 PM PDT