Forums » The Gnomes

Constant Scholar

• 546 posts
    February 27, 2020 12:52 AM PST

What do you think about this passive? I mean it certainly is nice early boost, but unfortunately it is completely redundant when you'll have all skills maxed later on anyway - it just allows you to reach that goal sooner. And I belive it's the only passive that is losing it's effect from certain point - even Humans Wonderlust will be always handy since the reputation can always be lost, plus there will be factions added to the game as the time passes. Personally I'd much rather take more time while leveling my skills and have more permanent boost. Unless this passive would also increase the rate at which we'd gain AA points or something ...

• 502 posts
    February 27, 2020 6:28 PM PST

I can see it being quite useful during leveling, all the way until capped skills. Also, optimistically we are looking towards at least a few expansions with increasing level caps where the skill would become useful again.

If the advantage is universal to ALL a Gnome's skills -Crafting, Harvesting, Salvaging, Perception, etc. on top of combat skills- then that could give a serious advantage to those who want to be 'First' in everything. To those like me who want to make the game journey as Looooong as possible, I don't see it as nearly as attractive.

Something that occured to me: In discussions about twinking it's been said by VR that they are not level-gating weapons because if you give your alt a weapon that is intended for a character many levels higher, the damage will seriously scale down because of their weapon skill level. If that is significantly different from the way most games do it (which I really know little about), then having a weapon skill that is a half-level or more higher than "average" might make an appreciable amount of scaling up, at least for Gnome Rogues.  I'm not sure how that affect would work out for all the Gnome casters.