Forums » The Druid

Feathers and Fur FTL

• 898 posts
    February 15, 2020 7:06 PM PST

I'm one of those that care about how their character looks.  So with that being said, I REALLY hope that Druids won't be forced to look like the halfing on the Druid page with purple feathers all over their head and fur-lined/bark-covered leather dresses: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/classes/druid/druid-full.jpg  I know Joppa confirmed that the same piece of armor will look the same on each race, but does anyone know if the same piece of armor will look the same on each class?  i.e. An Elf Rogue and Druid trading a piece of leather armor looking different when the other equips it.  I'd be stoked if I could play a Druid that looked like a Rogue: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/classes/rogue/rogue-full.png

(I quit playing the Druid in WoW because I hated looking like a Moose, having shrubs on my shoulders, or having to wear leather dresses...)

• 634 posts
    February 15, 2020 9:18 PM PST

It sure seems to me like it SHOULD look the same. And it seems that any leather armor that the one can wear the other should be able to as well.

I can't remember ever seeing the same armor on 2 different classes on 2 streams though, so I'm just guessing.

• 557 posts
    February 15, 2020 10:03 PM PST

I'm pretty certain that the feather on the halfling's head is actually more related to choosing your appearance as a halfling, rather then choosing your class (druid). 

To have different appearances eventhough you're wearing an item with the same identity, depending on which class you are... That I'm not sure they got into yet or ever will.

I would think not, it seems quite the hassle to design all those different appearances of 1 item for each class that can equip them.

This post was edited by Barin999 at February 15, 2020 10:04 PM PST
    • 634 posts
    February 16, 2020 1:29 PM PST

Barin999 said:

I would think not, it seems quite the hassle to design all those different appearances of 1 item for each class that can equip them.

This.

Joppa in a recent stream said that the labor cost of having separate appearances to armor for each race was why they had decided against doing it.

Since there are 9 races and there are 14 (expected) classes, it seems even less likely to get class-customized appearances to armor.

Though I think he gave a nod to possible racial cusomization in an expansion someday. Not that it was planned, just possible.

• 223 posts
    June 15, 2020 6:07 PM PDT
    I would like to see the base armor looking the same but each race and class has some race / class specific items that are layered on top. We don't need 25 pieces of flair, but a Druid's belt shouldn't look just like a shaman's belt.
    • 46 posts
    June 17, 2020 9:43 AM PDT

I disagree.  If we're wearing the same belt, it should look the same.  No reason to adjust based on class. Now you could certainly have class specific armor that only druids can wear, and those would be unique.

• 17 posts
    June 17, 2020 4:40 PM PDT

I really think that a piece of armor should look the same no matter what class or race you are playing. I think consistency is very important. It also adds to certain items being iconic.

To the OP, unless you quit before the introduction of transmog, imo that seems like a weird reason to stop playing a druid. They're so versatile and fun to play, and there are literally hundreds of appearance options on WoW. Personally I've always liked the druid sets on WoW. I think the antlers and/or shrubbery really add to the class fantasy of being a shapeshifting, nature magic user.

With that said, I can also see where you are coming from, as I am one who really cares about the look of my characters as well. I've spent plenty of time on WoW farming appearance sets for each of my characters. If I really hated how my character looked and there wasn't much I could do about it I would certainly take issue with it too.

• 223 posts
    June 22, 2020 4:19 AM PDT

Taldaas said:

I disagree.  If we're wearing the same belt, it should look the same.  No reason to adjust based on class. Now you could certainly have class specific armor that only druids can wear, and those would be unique.

I envision that it is the same armor, but the different classes add different attachments / decorations.  One class may have a bunch or small pouches with spell components while another might have a dagger sheath.