Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Scenario - You continue to wipe on a new group boss

• 768 posts
    February 14, 2020 8:34 PM PST

As long as I'm not naked and without coin I'll continue trying. 

What usually happens; 5 to nearly 10 tries later, people start to drop out or change out between toons and it all starts to consume a lot of time. Disconnect, porting issues, casting time, travel time and ofc the multiple of afk breaks to blow of some of that frustrationtsteam (usually I end up not using that afk break and continue brainstorming). Now if the group still happens to have the patience, we'll continue after regroup attempt X. If other players are involved, the attempts are far less and after another couple of whipes, the group just calls it. 

Depending on what guild I'm in, I'll safe the area and call in guildmembers to focus down and work the strats (especially if it's a first kill boss). I'll start asking other good reputation known high end players about similar encounter or even how they've killed it or what to watch for. 

In the scenario that I'm the one not able to meet the requirements, I'll bow out after I or the group has found a decent replacement.

• 520 posts
    February 26, 2020 10:03 AM PST

I'll keep giving everything I've got until someone figures out how to defeat this boss or someone decides it's time to move on. I consider myself very patient guy, so I haven't expirienced a situation where I would initiate droping an endeavour in group setting (happend couple of times while I did something on my own, when I decided that I need to gather my strength and try again later). 

• 220 posts
    February 27, 2020 9:46 PM PST

forget this boss we're losing way to much exp.

out level the boss

back to shouting for tip

last resort: pay to kill boss

• 643 posts
    February 28, 2020 9:50 AM PST

I think it took our guild 15-ish tries to kill Eryslai - it was the most frustrating raid experience ever.

And it was wonderful and amazing and the accomplishment felt so much more powerful.

So for me.....the answer is "hunker down and keep trying"

• 287 posts
    February 28, 2020 10:08 AM PST

Hold a grudge against the boss, level up, and destroy it later. And when I get frustrated at something months later, I use this once-difficult boss as my punching bag to relieve said stress.

Fippy hates me now.

This post was edited by randomrob82 at February 28, 2020 10:09 AM PST
    • 416 posts
    February 28, 2020 2:20 PM PST

If the fight is close and we can think of ways to change what we are doing and succeed, then keep trying. If we are getting our butts kicked then find something else to do in game.