Forums » News and Announcements

The Making of Faerthale Dev Stream

• 557 posts
    February 14, 2020 8:53 AM PST

randomrob82 said:

For those of you who haven't seen the 2017 Cohh stream of "Making of a City", its definitely worth a watch. I would imagine the upcoming stream will be along the same format.

I like the way you're thinking on this.  That was one of my favourite dev streams.

• 2886 posts
    February 14, 2020 12:50 PM PST

Celandor said:

randomrob82 said:

For those of you who haven't seen the 2017 Cohh stream of "Making of a City", its definitely worth a watch. I would imagine the upcoming stream will be along the same format.

I like the way you're thinking on this.  That was one of my favourite dev streams.

Roenick said in Discord that it would indeed be similar to that stream. So it's not the big epic reveal of "Project Faerthale", but should give a pretty cool inside look at actually how they've been developing it.

• 1998 posts
    February 14, 2020 1:25 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Roenick said in Discord that it would indeed be similar to that stream.

That's terrific. That stream was one of my favs too.

I've watched all the streams, and like them all. But one thing I've missed is getting good views of the landscape. It seems like the streamers don't stop and just give a view of the world as much as they did in early streams. Since I can't afford to pledge my way into the game any time soon, I really appreciate a focus on just showing off the scenery (at least well enough for some good screenshots to use as wellpaper) :)

• 768 posts
    February 14, 2020 8:16 PM PST

Looking forward on watching it on my day off the 19th. 

Thanks for the heads up.

• 287 posts
    February 14, 2020 11:21 PM PST
    In the "Making of a city" stream, that was VR's big pre-PA1 video too. I dont want to get my hopes up but hopefully this means there's a new PA around the corner
    • 17 posts
    February 15, 2020 8:48 AM PST

So exciting!! Can't wait to see every Elf class inside Farthale. =)

• 48 posts
    February 15, 2020 11:26 AM PST

Love Cohh, hes an amazing streamer and my favorite streamer.  Thanks VR for picking him to be the guy to do these streams.

• 844 posts
    February 15, 2020 2:40 PM PST

Not a fanboi of Cohh, but I prefer his professionalism and technical quality over all the other wannbe sudo-streams that were used before.

• 1399 posts
    February 16, 2020 5:53 PM PST

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about Cohh streaming as well.

He does a great job, I enjoy him above all the others that have streamed pantheon. It makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever if he knows how to play the class or not, he's not doing instructional videos.

Looking forward to this next one.

• 65 posts
    February 17, 2020 2:06 PM PST

What percentage of the game world would faerthale represent about? It just is concerning to me that if this is less than 5% of the world and is taking 4+ months to make that the timeline for the rest of the game could be 4-5 years if not more.

• 1273 posts
    February 17, 2020 4:16 PM PST

torveld said:

What percentage of the game world would faerthale represent about? It just is concerning to me that if this is less than 5% of the world and is taking 4+ months to make that the timeline for the rest of the game could be 4-5 years if not more.

I see where you're going with this but it's not necessarily true.  During the making of Fearthale I have no doubt that they are building other systems, gameplay mechanics, etc that they will not have to build with the rest of the world map.  Once most systems are in place building new zones and locations should go much faster.  Of course I am not speaking from experience, it just seems logical to me.  Hopefully someone with some actual development experince will comment on t his :)

• 627 posts
    February 17, 2020 11:06 PM PST
    @Ranarius thats what VR has said aswell, that they finish off Fearthale with all systems in place.

They developed soo much. climbing, disposition, the quest system and climates system. Other zones will be way faster, No doubt
    • 557 posts
    February 18, 2020 5:36 AM PST

Nlaene said:

Love Cohh, hes an amazing streamer and my favorite streamer.  Thanks VR for picking him to be the guy to do these streams.

I think it's nice when Cohh's mom drops by the forum.

Just kidding, Nlaene!   Cohh was a great choice.

• 62 posts
    February 18, 2020 8:10 AM PST

Zorkon said:

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about Cohh streaming as well.

He does a great job, I enjoy him above all the others that have streamed pantheon. It makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever if he knows how to play the class or not, he's not doing instructional videos.

Looking forward to this next one.

I agree - I'd rather have someone entertaining with personality than someone supposedly elite.  We should just enjoy the actual content, so I can't wait for Faerthale!

• 159 posts
    February 18, 2020 10:44 AM PST

Come on 3:00 PM.  I'm ready to get this party started.

• 51 posts
    February 18, 2020 11:10 AM PST

Cant wait! :D

• 16 posts
    February 18, 2020 12:59 PM PST

That was awesome!

• 1273 posts
    February 18, 2020 1:02 PM PST

Amazing!  Renewed my excitement for the game and the development process!  Now to take a breath or two and be patient.

• 62 posts
    February 18, 2020 1:10 PM PST

Great stream.  Who wants to screen shot all of the skills that were mouse over-ed? :D

• 45 posts
    February 18, 2020 1:18 PM PST

Such an awesome stream!!

• 1273 posts
    February 18, 2020 1:23 PM PST

Geoffrey said:

Great stream.  Who wants to screen shot all of the skills that were mouse over-ed? :D

Not me, they were the wrong class skills :-p   haha

• 1998 posts
    February 18, 2020 1:27 PM PST

That was TERRIFIC!

I can't wait to spend my first day ingame just walking around a looking at it all. (and to start playing my Shaman)

GOOD JOB VR!

• 1998 posts
    February 18, 2020 1:28 PM PST

Geoffrey said:

I'll be watching it again this afternoon with my finger on the pause button hehe

• 50 posts
    February 18, 2020 1:44 PM PST

I was very happy with the stream and the progress VR is making. Keep up the great work.

• 99 posts
    February 18, 2020 2:40 PM PST
    Looks amazing and the sounds really add a level to the environment that make the game. I caught myself having to rewatch a portion because I was so focused on the birds or the rushing water. Really can’t wait to play this game hope things start to speed up maybe even a little tease on when to expect PA 5 or even alpha