Forums » News and Announcements

The Making of Faerthale Dev Stream

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    February 11, 2020 12:25 PM PST

The Pantheon Development team joins CohhCarnage, February 18 at 12pm, as we present “The Making of Faerthale.” Get an extended look at the sights and content for our most stunning zone to date. Plus, maybe a few extra surprises. Hope to see you there!

This post was edited by Roenick at February 11, 2020 12:26 PM PST
    • 379 posts
    February 11, 2020 12:33 PM PST
    Please teach him how to play whatever class he will be playing in advance, thanks friends!
    • 523 posts
    February 11, 2020 12:42 PM PST

Fragile said: Please teach him how to play whatever class he will be playing in advance, thanks friends!

I think we'll be ok here.  The best Cohh streams are the ones where he isn't "playing" per se, but instead running around exploring and looking at the scenery, or generally just letting the dev team introduce artwork and new concepts.  I enjoy his enthusiasm and reactions.  I agree that when he plays a class, especially a warrior, and is attempting to "play" the game that it is generally cringe worthy.

Excited to see this first unveil of Faerthale.  VR has everything riding on this milestone restoring hope and excitement after such a long blackout.

• 216 posts
    February 11, 2020 12:58 PM PST

Looking forward to the stream!

• 159 posts
    February 11, 2020 1:17 PM PST

Sounds Good. I'll do my best to make it.

• 6 posts
    February 11, 2020 2:44 PM PST

You're a little hard on Cohh.

Yes, when he's playing the game, in theory, he's showing us how it works.

But in reality, he also has to keep his brain engaged in the viewer's experience, the conversation and a dozen other concerns that come with running a stream.

In these streams what he's not actually doing is just playing with you watching, like to many other "watch what I play" streams.  He's hosting a show with other people in the dialogue.

If your favourite talk show host had to play a strategic MMO while hosting a talk show, they'd be anything but top form at either activity.

• 1273 posts
    February 11, 2020 3:13 PM PST

Neat, I have that day off work, might actually be able to watch live!

• 945 posts
    February 11, 2020 6:39 PM PST

Mordo said:

But in reality, he also has to keep his brain engaged in the viewer's experience, the conversation and a dozen other concerns that come with running a stream.

In these streams what he's not actually doing is just playing with you watching, like to many other "watch what I play" streams.  He's hosting a show with other people in the dialogue.

If your favourite talk show host had to play a strategic MMO while hosting a talk show, they'd be anything but top form at either activity.

We love Cohh - we aren't being hard on "him".  Fragile simply asked (somewhat rhetorically) that they allow him to go over his character before-hand instead of having to read his skills on the fly, moderate his followers, answer questions from the devs, relay questions to the devs and try to play the game.

Add:  Looking forward to the stream though!  Also, this may not be a combat oriented stream since it is about the creation of Faerthale.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 12, 2020 2:00 AM PST
    • 379 posts
    February 11, 2020 8:23 PM PST

Mordo said:

When someone plays video games for a living (read: gets that dolla dolla billz yall), I expect them to not be trash at it. I don't think that's a harsh thing to say, there are plenty of people that stream and manage not to be bad at the same time. Honestly a great player & streamer for Pantheon would actually be a boon for the game. Imagine having to not make excuses about someone's lack of skill during a stream all the time-- what a world that would be.

P.S. Now this would be "going hard" on Cohh. #Triggered

This post was edited by Fragile at February 11, 2020 8:25 PM PST
    • 200 posts
    February 12, 2020 7:07 AM PST

Is this the big reveal we have been waiting on or something different?

• 291 posts
    February 12, 2020 7:16 AM PST

WarKnight said:

Is this the big reveal we have been waiting on or something different?

I think this is the preface to the big reveal. Might be wrong though.

• 287 posts
    February 12, 2020 9:18 AM PST

oh snap! I've been waiting for this for a long time. Sounds like we're getting close to being ready for PA5! Either way, seeing new content with Cohh is a big deal.

• 4 posts
    February 12, 2020 6:03 PM PST

Fragile said: Please teach him how to play whatever class he will be playing in advance, thanks friends!

Why does this matter? The whole point is to see someone learning, live. It makes it more enjoyable to see discovery vs. witnessing an unrealistic expectation of how someone would be playing "out of the box".

If there was an emoji for an eyeroll, there would be several.

• 379 posts
    February 12, 2020 11:51 PM PST

Drake07 said:

Why does this matter? The whole point is to see someone learning, live. It makes it more enjoyable to see discovery vs. witnessing an unrealistic expectation of how someone would be playing "out of the box".

If there was an emoji for an eyeroll, there would be several.

Cohh has played as much as a pre-alpha tester, so he is far from 'out of the box'. Also, as I addressed already - he plays video games for money. To respond to the 'unrealistic expectation', if someone had never played any MMO's ever, then yes, you might stuggle. For those of us that have played EQ/WoW/FFXI/DAoC, picking up on an MMO (especially this type) is pretty easy. But then again, that's assuming you understand and can comprehend general gameplay (and your class) mechanics.

• 627 posts
    February 13, 2020 3:11 AM PST
    <3 Cohh 10/10
    • 217 posts
    February 13, 2020 5:05 AM PST

Ooooh Im super excited!!

Thanks guys!*!*!*!

And Happy Valentines Day!

• 363 posts
    February 13, 2020 8:29 AM PST

Awesome, can't wait for some Faerthale news... and I love watching Cohh figure things out!

• 96 posts
    February 13, 2020 10:50 AM PST

Can't wait! I'll have to watch the replay, but I'm excited! Cohh is great and I'm glad you guys continue to use him to show off your work; I know he appreciates it too. 

• 38 posts
    February 13, 2020 2:39 PM PST

Awesome! Cohh is top notch, I love watching his streams. 

• 67 posts
    February 13, 2020 5:28 PM PST

This is very exciting indeed! :)

• 15 posts
    February 13, 2020 6:48 PM PST

Lovely! I'm super excited for this one. Yay!

"Plus, maybe a few extra surprises." What can that be about I wonder? oAo

• 1281 posts
    February 13, 2020 8:26 PM PST

What a surprise. Thanks!

• 627 posts
    February 14, 2020 4:42 AM PST
    Summoner, summoner! Let us see the summoner!!
    • 500 posts
    February 14, 2020 8:21 AM PST

Looking forward to another Cohh stream with some juicy new Faerthale revealations.

• 287 posts
    February 14, 2020 8:29 AM PST

For those of you who haven't seen the 2017 Cohh stream of "Making of a City", its definitely worth a watch. I would imagine the upcoming stream will be along the same format.