Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

very disappointed

• 2 posts
    February 10, 2020 5:03 AM PST

Hello, I communicate that I cancel my subscription, I feel very disappointed, after 4 months I still can't test anything. My adventure ends here, thanks you are doing very well.

Subscription

The plan you are currently subscribed to is: Legate's Pledge
    You are currently paying: One-time fee of $100.00

This post was edited by Tormenta at February 10, 2020 5:05 AM PST
    • 238 posts
    February 10, 2020 7:31 AM PST

Ok... but a couple of things... you paid for a beta pass if I'm not mistaken. Game is still in pre-alpha so, I hope you didn't expect that it would magically speed through the rest of pre-alpha and the entirety of alpha in only 4 months.

There are no refunds stated clearly under the terms of service. So... if you have already paid the $100 you still have access to the beta when it releases but that money is gone. The only thing you can really cancel at this point is the subscription required to communicate on these forums and if that is the case more power to you. 

• 363 posts
    February 10, 2020 12:10 PM PST

To be frank, your expectations were very unrealistic if you think paying for Beta would get you into testing in such a small time frame, considering the game is still in Pre-Alpha. We'll get to Beta eventually, but it will probably be at least another year, maybe more. Hang in there!

• 1281 posts
    February 10, 2020 7:04 PM PST

Tormenta said:

Hello, I communicate that I cancel my subscription, I feel very disappointed, after 4 months I still can't test anything. My adventure ends here, thanks you are doing very well.

Subscription

Firstly...  Your money isn't a subscription.  It's a donation.  Secondly...  They make it clear that pledges are non-refundable.  Thirdly...  They gave zero timelines when you pledged and you were guaranteed nothing.

• 844 posts
    February 11, 2020 5:38 AM PST

4 months hah. Try 5+ years.

Yes very disappointed. But not surprised.

• 16 posts
    February 12, 2020 1:16 PM PST

Hmm didnt read anything it seems. Make sure next time you do some research about the game before you set up a subscription.

• 557 posts
    February 14, 2020 8:57 AM PST

Tormenta, I hope you come back and play with us after the game launches.

• 2886 posts
    February 14, 2020 12:53 PM PST

Prime example of how failing to self-manage your expectations can only hurt you.

• 3237 posts
    February 14, 2020 1:17 PM PST

Celandor said:

Tormenta, I hope you come back and play with us after the game launches.

I like the way you think.

• 255 posts
    February 14, 2020 4:07 PM PST

It's been 6 years this month since I pledged. I knew it would take time to develop, although to be honest not quite this long, but just waiting patiently until it is done.

• 945 posts
    February 14, 2020 5:36 PM PST

Kalok said:

Firstly...  Your money isn't a subscription.  It's a donation.  Secondly...  They make it clear that pledges are non-refundable.  Thirdly...  They gave zero timelines when you pledged and you were guaranteed nothing.

It's not a "donation".  People need to stop saying that.  Donations are tax deductible and give nothing in return - A "pledge" is equivalent to a "purchase" due to the "written promise" of an exchange of services for money.  There are just simply no guarantees or timelines so VR doesn't really have to provide a product... but it is NOT a "donation".  They aren't called "Champion donations" or "Knight donations" for a legal reason.  The money given for the pledge IS a "subscription" (albiet a 1-time sub) which allows participation in these forums.

With that said, VR covered their bases by disclaiming that there are no refunds in the offchance that the game didn't take off like it has.

This post was edited by Darch at February 14, 2020 5:46 PM PST
    • 1281 posts
    February 16, 2020 7:49 AM PST

Darch said:

Kalok said:

It's not a "donation".  People need to stop saying that.  Donations are tax deductible and give nothing in return - A "pledge" is equivalent to a "purchase" due to the "written promise" of an exchange of services for money.  There are just simply no guarantees or timelines so VR doesn't really have to provide a product... but it is NOT a "donation".  They aren't called "Champion donations" or "Knight donations" for a legal reason.  The money given for the pledge IS a "subscription" (albiet a 1-time sub) which allows participation in these forums.

With that said, VR covered their bases by disclaiming that there are no refunds in the offchance that the game didn't take off like it has.

Actually, you're wrong.  I founded more than one non-profit.  Donations are ONLY tax deductible if you are donating to a non-profit that falls under certain regulations, such as 501(c)(3).  A donation is a synonym for gift in other circumstances, particularly in regards to companies rather than individuals.

The Pledge is absolutely *NOT* a subscription.  If it WERE, you'd be guaranteed something, and you are not.  You can give money simply to post on these forums that do not give the other "perks" of other Pledge tiers.

You can sit there and try to be pedantic all you want, but you're just plain wrong.

• 1992 posts
    February 16, 2020 2:01 PM PST

Kalok said:

Actually, you're wrong.  I founded more than one non-profit.  Donations are ONLY tax deductible if you are donating to a non-profit that falls under certain regulations, such as 501(c)(3).  A donation is a synonym for gift in other circumstances, particularly in regards to companies rather than individuals.

The Pledge is absolutely *NOT* a subscription.  If it WERE, you'd be guaranteed something, and you are not.  You can give money simply to post on these forums that do not give the other "perks" of other Pledge tiers.

You can sit there and try to be pedantic all you want, but you're just plain wrong.

What you say is spot on.

But to be fair, VR does a good job of 'muddying the waters' in the way they present their offerings.

Actual, legally binding subscriptions ($5-$15 per month for forum access) are offered for sale on the Pledge page. And at the bottom of one of those pages, it says "when you buy a pledge package, in addition to forum access you'll also receive......"

Worse, on our Profile page our Pledge level is found on the 'Subscription' tab. Mine says "The plan you are currently subscribed to is: Keeper's Pledge"

None of that helps forum members who aren't already schooled in these economic intricasies

This post was edited by Jothany at February 16, 2020 2:11 PM PST
    • 196 posts
    March 11, 2020 10:03 AM PDT

What you folks are seeing here folks is the "Me want it now" syndrome, just pass this thread up as the entitled person has no clue or concept that developing a game of this magnatude can and will take time to fully flesh out all the systems that are in this game. I also want to note that it's funny how people who do post stuff like this, there profile(s) are set to private...hmmm I am thinking that this person is a forum rider and not an actual backer of this game, but I am just just speculating.

• 388 posts
    March 16, 2020 10:23 AM PDT

Tormenta said:

Subscription

how about do a little research next time. people that give money without having ANY clue as to what they are getting for that money drive me crazy. 

it would have taken you all of 10 minutes to get ALL the info needed to know what was going to happen for that $100. 

BYE!!!

I wouldn't want to group with anyone that is too lazy to research the game before spending money. 

Thanks for the $100, but you won't be getting that back. lol 

PEOPLE THERE ARE NO REFUNDS. PERIOD. GET THAT OUT OF YOUR HEADS. 

This post was edited by Flapp at March 16, 2020 10:24 AM PDT
    • 196 posts
    March 17, 2020 6:25 AM PDT

Flapp said:

Tormenta said:

Subscription

how about do a little research next time. people that give money without having ANY clue as to what they are getting for that money drive me crazy. 

it would have taken you all of 10 minutes to get ALL the info needed to know what was going to happen for that $100. 

BYE!!!

I wouldn't want to group with anyone that is too lazy to research the game before spending money. 

Thanks for the $100, but you won't be getting that back. lol 

PEOPLE THERE ARE NO REFUNDS. PERIOD. GET THAT OUT OF YOUR HEADS. 

I agree with you, but i do smell something fishy here. I don't think they actually donate, I think he is just someone who paid for forum access and figured out how to make it look like they backed the project.

• 2 posts
    March 17, 2020 6:49 AM PDT

Please eny moderate can close the post, don't want eny spam on my mail.....tnks........ I want delete account but not can. 

This post was edited by Tormenta at March 17, 2020 6:58 AM PDT