Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What Pantheon Class falls into your personality type?

• 5 posts
    February 3, 2020 1:10 PM PST

Hello Pantheon Community!

I wanted some feedback on what you play and what makes your personality type choose the class you want to play for Pantheon.
    For the longest time I've bounced around class to class never really find that "true class" for myself. It led me down a path to find out my personality type would mesh with the right RPG class for me.  Some here, I would gather have taken a Myers Briggs test for their job or school. If you haven't this, there is a free personality test https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test which is basically the same thing. 

I am ENFP. My personality is people-centered focused. ENFPs tend to focus on possibilities and a contagious enthusiasm for new ideas, people and activities. Energetic, warm, and passionate, ENFPs love to help other people explore their creative potential. In theory I should be some type of support or healer type?  However, I've seen despairing results about what my personality should be.  I've read, Bard, Druid, Rogue, Cleric, even from the EverQuest era, I've read that ENFPs should be Shadow knights.  

So, I'm posing the question to the community.  I'd like to hear what personality type you are and what Pantheon class do you feel you fall into?

#CommunityMatters
    Much love to VR and the Pantheon Family!
    -Des

• 1428 posts
    February 3, 2020 1:20 PM PST

oo i did something like this but it was for gaming.  under the 16 personalities, i'm infj-a

i do think it's a good tool to understand oneself, but it's just that.

certain personalities are going to prefer a certain playstyle for sure.

i really like the enchanter.  anything with lot's of cc or skill expression(even though i'm not the best).

the whole concept of mind juicing allies and mind juking(heh everyone knows what i really want to say) enemies is really joosie.

• 190 posts
    February 3, 2020 1:39 PM PST

I'm INFP the Mediator/Idealist

"Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration."

"At their best, these qualities enable Mediators to communicate deeply with others, easily speaking in metaphors and parables, and understanding and creating symbols to share their ideas. Fantasy worlds in particular fascinate Mediators, more than any other personality type. The strength of their visionary communication style lends itself well to creative works, and it comes as no surprise that many famous Mediators are poets, writers and actors. Understanding themselves and their place in the world is important to Mediators, and they explore these ideas by projecting themselves into their work."

I traditionally stick to tanks or healers (or bards, because bards.) Doing the DPS is not usually a necessity for my personal game play. Keeping my team mates alive and helping others is what I enjoy doing. I'm one of those weirdos who would make a healing-only healer, if customization is an option. Wait... you wanted a healer that also DPS's? Hahahhahahaha.

I'm also "The Face" leader of our guild, because I.. well, see above.

• 523 posts
    February 3, 2020 2:13 PM PST

I am an INTJ-T.  An Architect.  Rarest personality apparently.  Natural leader and smarter than everyone else.  Cares not at all about emotions or friends, just results and efficiency.  Sounds about right.  I'll be a tank in Pantheon because I'm going to lead every group and raid I participate in because I want to win.  

This post was edited by Mathir at February 3, 2020 2:14 PM PST
    • 2130 posts
    February 3, 2020 2:52 PM PST

These types of tests are pseudoscience, for what it's worth. It can be all fun and games, but that's about the extent of it.

• 190 posts
    February 3, 2020 5:11 PM PST

Liav said:

These types of tests are pseudoscience, for what it's worth. It can be all fun and games, but that's about the extent of it.

Shhhhhhh. Let people enjoy things that don't hurt others.

• 2130 posts
    February 3, 2020 6:10 PM PST

No fun allowed.

• 624 posts
    February 3, 2020 11:26 PM PST

If you want to play around with class tests - try this off topic DND one from last year

• 238 posts
    February 4, 2020 3:10 AM PST

I have two personality types depending on the test and the hypothetical situations involved. In tests with questions based on analytical data and situation evaluation, I am an INTJ personality. In the tests dealing with human interaction, I am an INFJ. The test that I just took labeled me as INFJ-T which puts me in the advocate group. This personality type makes up less than 1% of the population and their goal is helping others and identifying people and situations in order to promote a better outcome. Honestly, in most people based situations I would classify myself as an INFJ. It just makes sense given my moral values related to the treatment of others, my experience in healthcare, and the fact that I am working on my own streaming channel so I self govern my own working conditions (though that could be the INTJ).

I would also say this personality type is reflective in my prefered role/class choice. I have always tended to eventually navigate myself into the role as a healer within every game that I have ever played. I started EQ as a mage, then soon went to the enchanter, before I finally settled as a cleric. Granted I was around 6 at the release of EQ. Then I went to wow in 2004 and started off as a warrior, then moved to a warlock, before finally setting into my role as a resto druid main during the BC expansion. Since then I have always just chosen to main a healer while also dabbling in the other classes.

Now on the topic of personality type and class relatability, I don't think that any personality is a one and done type of deal. For example, INFJ could apply to healers, but it could also apply to any class providing utility, CC, strategic advantages... etc.  I'm actually surprised that when you listed the classes related to ENFP, enchanters weren't listed. I would think that enchanters would be a prime example of helping other people while also exploring creative options when approaching combat situations. I am also sorta surprised that mages, necromancers, and hunters weren't listed under the ENFP because of the creative ways in which pets can be used to approach certain combat situations. 

This post was edited by Baldur at February 4, 2020 3:10 AM PST
    • 500 posts
    February 4, 2020 7:14 AM PST
    • 5 posts
    February 4, 2020 11:07 AM PST

Kumu said:

If you want to play around with class tests - try this off topic DND one from last year

Interesting test.  I received Lawful Good Human Paladin from that test.  Its funny because when playing EQ I mained a Rogue, never had I ever thought about being a Paladin.  However in WoW I was a Paladin for a lot of my career in that game.

Thanks for sharing the link to the test Kumu!

• 1428 posts
    February 4, 2020 11:49 AM PST

Desrauth said:

Kumu said:

Interesting test.  I received Lawful Good Human Paladin from that test.  Its funny because when playing EQ I mained a Rogue, never had I ever thought about being a Paladin.  However in WoW I was a Paladin for a lot of my career in that game.

Thanks for sharing the link to the test Kumu!

kilsin did some housekeeping on that thread so i had to retake the test XD

True Neutral Human Monk/Sorcerer (3rd/3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 11
    Constitution- 11
    Intelligence- 12
    Wisdom- 13
    Charisma- 13

my class changed but i ended up with true neutral and human still :o  i'd be an enchanter, supposedly charisma based class?  then if we get secondary cross classing, monk it is XD

This post was edited by NoJuiceViscosity at February 4, 2020 11:51 AM PST
    • 139 posts
    February 5, 2020 3:00 AM PST

I'm INTP,

I like to play warriors, some sort of tank/guardian class. But sometimes I just end up as a wizard/magic DPS class. 

• 151 posts
    February 5, 2020 6:16 AM PST
    I'm with you Baldur, INFJ-T Advocate group.

I advocate well with wizards and duel wield dps...LoL
    • 23 posts
    February 6, 2020 3:40 AM PST

True Neutral Human Fighter/Bard (2nd/2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 16
    Constitution- 11
    Intelligence- 12
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 13

Alignment:
    True Neutral- A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Race:
    Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Primary Class:
    Fighters- Fighters can be many things, from soldiers to criminal enforcers. Some see adventure as a way to get rich, while others use their skills to protect the innocent. Fighters have the best all-around fighting capabilities of the PC classes, and they are trained to use all standard weapons and armor. A fighter's rigorous martial training grants him many bonus feats as he progresses, and high-level fighters have access to special melee maneuvers and exotic weapons not available to any other character.

Secondary Class:
    Bards- Bards often serve as negotiators, messengers, scouts, and spies. They love to accompany heroes (and villains) to witness heroic (or villainous) deeds firsthand, since a bard who can tell a story from personal experience earns renown among his fellows. A bard casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer. Bards also share some specialized skills with rogues, and their knowledge of item lore is nearly unmatched. A high Charisma score allows a bard to cast high-level spells.

This post was edited by ottawacloset at February 6, 2020 3:41 AM PST
    • 2419 posts
    February 6, 2020 9:43 AM PST

Hrmmm...none of them falls into the 'a##hole' personality.  Guess I'm just being left out then.

• 1281 posts
    February 6, 2020 1:55 PM PST

The short answer is Rogue.  Coincidentally, so is the long answer.  Typically closer to chaotic neutral.  The race I prefer, Half-Elf is not available in Panthon, so Human it is.

• 159 posts
    February 12, 2020 7:12 PM PST

Defender

ISFJ-T

Going to play a healer and a tank. Healer because I enjoy playing healer.  Tank because I'm a defender and enjoy it too. I stay away from melee dps because that just isn't my cup of tea.

Personality is related becuse I help people. 

This post was edited by Vander at February 12, 2020 7:16 PM PST
    • 520 posts
    February 26, 2020 10:28 AM PST

I guess I'm a Mediator ... oh well ...

• 793 posts
    February 26, 2020 12:53 PM PST

I've mainly been melee, Paladin, types.  

But I may just change it up some, try something new.

• 287 posts
    March 1, 2020 9:59 AM PST

ENFJ-A

Protagonists are natural-born leaders, full of passion and charisma. Forming around two percent of the population, they are oftentimes our politicians, our coaches and our teachers, reaching out and inspiring others to achieve and to do good in the world. With a natural confidence that begets influence, Protagonists take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community.

I suppose that's why I've ended up leading multiple raiding guilds.  Reluctantly but it's always been a blast.

It may also explain why I love the Enchanter so much.  To me the Enchanter is the battle director, the conductor of the symphony of slaughter.  Let the Enchanter pull and you'll never get more than one mob at a time, breaks when you need them and non-stop combat when you don't.  The inherent rush in just knowing which mobs to sleep or mez, knowing when their timers are about to end, knowing the aggro ranges in a room full of death and feeding your group exactly what they need exactly when they need it is something I've not been able to reproduce in any game since EQ.  If ProtF's Enchanters aren't as capable it will be a huge disappointment for me.

• 2001 posts
    March 1, 2020 2:10 PM PST

Vandraad said:

Hrmmm...none of them falls into the 'a##hole' personality.  Guess I'm just being left out then.

Best answer in the the whole thread.

:D