Forums » News and Announcements

Post your questions for 1/30 stream here!

This topic has been closed.
    • 379 posts
    January 30, 2020 1:47 PM PST

Mordo said:

Hello again,

Are you expecting seamless transition between zones or a hard zoning process with a loading screen?

This has been seen and answered, there are hard zone lines. This doesn't mean the zones are small, zoning will be similar to EverQuest.

• 159 posts
    January 30, 2020 2:28 PM PST

Celandor said:

Question for Joppa:

Could you remove the soft-focus/beauty filter from your webcam?   It's not working.  You'll never be as pretty as Ben.

LOL....

• 21 posts
    January 30, 2020 3:29 PM PST

Don't forget to update the date on the stream intro!

• 32 posts
    January 30, 2020 4:13 PM PST
    I was just wondering if u could emphasize a little more details about the Founders Conclave. Been debating on bumping my pledge up, but was curious if you guys could give a little more info on it
    • 32 posts
    January 30, 2020 4:13 PM PST
    I was just wondering if u could emphasize a little more details about the Founders Conclave. Been debating on bumping my pledge up, but was curious if you guys could give a little more info on it
    • 32 posts
    January 30, 2020 4:14 PM PST
    Sorry for the double post, phone being silly, don't see a way to delete
    • 7 posts
    January 30, 2020 7:52 PM PST

I was suprised to see how elaborate the skill system is planned out to be in this stream. I know they said that eventually you can fill in all your skills to max level but I didnt catch if they said if point choices could be respected as you level. A huge part off the game and challenge is getting to max level and not after you are able to fill in all skills at max level.  I feel like you could have all sorts off sub classes to balance if for example a warrior focuses on dps point spending rather than tank.

• 379 posts
    January 30, 2020 9:48 PM PST

Narop said:

I was suprised to see how elaborate the skill system is planned out to be in this stream. I know they said that eventually you can fill in all your skills to max level but I didnt catch if they said if point choices could be respected as you level. A huge part off the game and challenge is getting to max level and not after you are able to fill in all skills at max level.  I feel like you could have all sorts off sub classes to balance if for example a warrior focuses on dps point spending rather than tank.

Joppa came into a stream after the official news stream ended and said, "Current plan is to allow AP respecs at a coin cost that increases each time you do it."

• 346 posts
    January 31, 2020 7:50 AM PST

Celandor said:

Question for Joppa:

Could you remove the soft-focus/beauty filter from your webcam?   It's not working.  You'll never be as pretty as Ben.

I don't know about which is more beautiful but something I noticed was that they had an order or progression on beard growth going.

This post was edited by Janus at January 31, 2020 8:12 AM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 320 posts
    January 31, 2020 10:36 AM PST

I just shared The Progression of Beards with the team. Oh boy!!!

• 945 posts
    January 31, 2020 10:41 AM PST

Narop said:

I hear what you are saying and I'm excited about this system too.  I will say however, I don't believe their intent is to have "sub classes" but just to allow "improvements" in aspects of the class.  To your point though, if I went for a warrior, I for one would likely go for a more damage focus, especially since reallocation of points will be possible.  (My reasoning for that would be that the warrior will likely be more tanky at earlier levels, allowing for points to be placed in improving damage until it becomes evident that defensive skills are needed).

I'm VERY curious to see what the skills are and how they will evolve for each class (will you be able to focus more on dmg as a cleric knowing that your heals will be a bit better than the other healers by default?!)  Can't wait to see!

add:  This would also be a great opportunity for a "skill calculator" page/app.  I can spend hours on those things.

This post was edited by Darch at January 31, 2020 10:44 AM PST
  • January 31, 2020 12:28 PM PST

And that's a WRAP!
    Closing this thread now, so roll up your questions and wait for our next livestream question thread.  Meanwhile, the VOD of this DevStream is now up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxLBw997uOI