Forums » News and Announcements

Post your questions for 1/30 stream here!

This topic has been closed.
    • VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    January 28, 2020 8:31 AM PST

Hey Gang,

We're all set for our 1/30 Development Update Stream stream. Formal announcement coming shortly, but it will take place at our same (gas) Bat-time — 6pm PST. As part of the agenda, we'll be continuing our Q&A segment and would love if some of your questions were directed at some of the topics on hand.

Without spoiling ALL the fun here are a few we'll be discussing: The Murk, The Hotbar UI, The Living Codex, and NPC AI.

Please post your questions below and we'll do our best to try and answer them. We'll also be taking live questions as well.

• 245 posts
    January 28, 2020 8:46 AM PST

The Living Codex - Spell modification - We've seen before how Wizard's have a unique ability to modify some original spells through spell-weaving from adding scroll page halves to their living codex.

1. How will this system blend with the modifications that were touched upon in the last stream?
    2. What kind of modifications can we expect each class to have access to for spells and abilities in their living codex?

This post was edited by Ezrael at January 28, 2020 8:47 AM PST
    • 346 posts
    January 28, 2020 8:56 AM PST

The Murk:

Q: Will the Murk be tied to the entrance to The Island of the Infinite Storm? Sort of getting a bit of a Feerrott vibe here with the Fear Portal.

UI:

Q: At this stage have you decided on how the LAS plans to be setup. The question seems to be if you're stick to the 12 value and the second or possible third bars are only for macros, clickies and the like.

This post was edited by Janus at January 28, 2020 9:06 AM PST
    • 945 posts
    January 28, 2020 9:20 AM PST

The Hotbar UI - This may be a stretch, but it is kind of related.  Will there be a customizable macro system, and if so will those macros be capable of triggering situational skills maybe positioned on that side bar (like I would likely want to use fervent strike after using pomel and cross, so pressing the same key twice would be ideal assuming pomel and cross would go on cooldown on the first press) or swapping between sword-n-board to a 2h with a single keypress (if there isn't an in-game mechanic for weapon swaps already)?  

I understand that we don't want the entire game to be played by clicking a single button, but I'd like to be able to utilize the right side of my hotbar (7 through =) without having to move my left hand from the WASD keys or having to bind those keys to Alt+1 through 6, or lord forbid having to click the hotbar on the side of the screen with my mouse lol!

• 1273 posts
    January 28, 2020 10:08 AM PST

NPC AI - Regarding NPC Dispositions - Will NPC's be attempting to learn from the party composition to re-spawn with certain dispositions to counter that group or will they spawn with dispositions that were programed in by the dungeon designer?  

This post was edited by Ranarius at January 28, 2020 10:08 AM PST
    • 1785 posts
    January 28, 2020 10:36 AM PST

Unique challenges for different regions  - As we've learned more about the Faerthale region and some of it's zones (The Murk, etc), a question I have is how encounters there will "feel" different from other regions and zones with similar level ranges.  As an example of what I mean, will we see different dispositions and different combat mechanics from region to region and zone to zone, or will most of those be found anywhere you happen to go in the world?  From a gameplay experience perspective, how different do you want combat to "feel" when you're adventuring in the Murk vs. Black Rose Keep vs. the Tower of the Reckless Magician?

• 1273 posts
    January 28, 2020 10:45 AM PST

The Living Codex - We saw in a previous stream that each ability/spell had the 3 dots (assuming upgrades).  What can you tell us about how, how often, or how many total upgrades a character could expect?  My assumption is that this is a way to help players feel unique, which implies we will NOT be allowed to "max" every ability/spell.  

• 17 posts
    January 28, 2020 10:52 AM PST

I first sent a question to support in mid 2017 and half years ago, the response was acceptable at the time.  I come again finding myself needing to re-address this question, as OS support for games needs to be established early on in development, otherwise there is a large degree of extra work later.  I initially asked if Windows 7 would be supported, even with the push of Win 10, my answer was along the lines of:  The aim to have the game available to as many players as possible that wish to play.  This was and still is a very respectable response.  Time has passed and developers have been steadily increacing in number, making an official announcement with their end of direct Windows 7 support.  While their games may still run, support will not be given for OS related issues and limitations.  This is again a very valid response.

I tend to drag on so I will stop here and get to it:

Q: Whch Operating System(s) is Pantheon being developed for primarily?

Cross-platform gaming is a hurdel that needs to become a standard in gaming.  Developers need the freedom to put all their energy into development and not have to be worried about the "politics" of other software and hardware developers.  I also understand full well reaching a Quality Release product is most important, just so knowing for sure what we as supporters need to aim for to enjoy all the blood sweat and tears of the VR staff; past, current and future.

This post was edited by EndGamerZ at January 28, 2020 10:53 AM PST
    • 31 posts
    January 28, 2020 12:36 PM PST
    Has the team decided on having circles under selected players / mobs & debuff graphics under mob name?

I feel like not showing those kinda graphics helps with immersion. I especially don't like a permanent circle under my player character.
    • 379 posts
    January 28, 2020 1:22 PM PST

1) In the April Dev Round table, a question came up about 'content blocking' and Joppa said, "I think we have a way to solve for it."

Q: A lot of us are still wanting to know what that solution is, can you elaborate now?

Q 2) When are the base stat descriptions/reveals going to be put out, as they were said to be coming at the start of the year (Joppa on the Warrior stream).

Q 3) When will we see the Skar & Dark Myr models in-game?

Q 4) When will we get to see the newly re-designed Ranger class (and their spell/ability details)?

• 197 posts
    January 28, 2020 1:37 PM PST

The Murk - What, if any, climates will be present in The Murk? I would assume Toxic, but it has previously been mentioned that there can be multiple climates withine one zone. And if the climate is indeed Toxic, can you speak to what the “core and sporadic detriments it can inflict” might be? 

• 21 posts
    January 28, 2020 2:36 PM PST

On the Living Codex

In a previous stream, Joppa mentioned modifying shield block to potentially withstand devastating abilities. In the living codex, is this an example of something we can expect in the 3 modifers on an ability? For modifiers on shield block specifically, is it 3 tiers of the same modification? For example, each "slot" in the living codex would add progressively stronger defense to devastating abilities (like 1st you could block devastating abilities from regular mobs, 2nd from dungeon named mobs, and third from raid mobs)?

Or is there more variety like one "slot" for surviving devastating abilities, another for reflecting damage to all enemies based on damage received, and another for increased resilience replenishment?

Also on the Codex

What are the colors next to the abilities about?

This post was edited by Nesy at January 28, 2020 3:18 PM PST
    • 2419 posts
    January 28, 2020 3:25 PM PST

How are the racial active abilities coming along, specifically are they related to the racial passives or are they providing different benefits.

• 34 posts
    January 28, 2020 3:28 PM PST

Hotbar UI Question: 

- The decision to rework the art of the Hotbar brings to question if you have locked down your stance on the limited 12-active skill system or if you are leaning towards opening it up. This has been a huge community discussion point across all the different forms of social media. I'm curious to hear your overall thought process as a team - more in-depth. Is removing the skill limit something, in your opinion, that eliminates something that made Pantheon stand out from modern mmorpgs?

Living Codex Question:

- Will you be able to re-spend points which are spent to make abilities stronger, or modified? If so, are you willing to prevent this being done outside of town, so that it's not easy to just 'spec swap?'  I have ot say showing off that there will be specilization of spells really excites me, because without basic skill trees we see in most mmorpgs, i was worked about individuality in how we build our characters, do you see this as being one of the ways we can be unique among our peers?

- Will there be any load-out options to quickly switch spell sets all at once? Even if this means a long singular cast time to completely revert your spell bar, rather than having to reset every spell.

NPC AI

- Maybe not QUITE related to the topic, but with NPCs having different dispositions, and there being occasions to change strategy on the fly - will there be a marking system for group leaders to call out targets more easily? I know this is not only a helpful thing for most players, but also a huge advantage to players who perhaps require accessibility helpers.

-Minus

This post was edited by Minus at January 28, 2020 3:31 PM PST
    • 36 posts
    January 28, 2020 6:17 PM PST
    In the streams you have shown, it seems to be fairly common to wipe. If naked corpse retrieval will be a thing like in EQ, how will that be balanced with wiping after 30 min of delving deep into a dungeon. I understand making the game hard, but it needs to also not be frustrating.
    • 379 posts
    January 28, 2020 7:17 PM PST

Ezrael said:

The Living Codex

Q: What kind of modifications can we expect each class to have access to for spells and abilities in their living codex?

Ranarius said:

The Living Codex

Q: We saw in a previous stream that each ability/spell had the 3 dots (assuming upgrades).  What can you tell us about how, how often, or how many total upgrades a character could expect?

I failed to read, but these would be my two questions as well (if I was forced to stay on topic).

• 411 posts
    January 28, 2020 7:58 PM PST

NPC AI - Has any thought been put to how groups of NPCs may react differently to players as a result of there being other NPCs involved in a fight?

Examples: Goblins trying to never attack the same target as each other in order to overwhelm their victims. Wolves always trying to attack the same target due to pack mentality. Healers casting with more determination if another NPC is low health. Assassins/archers increasing aggression in response to not being the player's primary target.

NPC AI - Will truly formidable enemies behave using the same logic as common NPCs? Has any thought been put to how formidable enemies might behave more optimally while still obeying a set of logical and discernible rules?

Examples: Giants always trying to get in range to attack multiple players at once. Dragons going on a rampage unless surrounded/corralled by multiple tanks. Wizards trying to root and run in response to taking damage.

This post was edited by Ainadak at January 28, 2020 8:02 PM PST
    • 1 posts
    January 28, 2020 8:01 PM PST

So many games these days have homogenized classes in the name of "balance," causing boredom and taking away replay value. How do you plan to keep that from happening?

• 159 posts
    January 28, 2020 10:04 PM PST

With all due respect. Me personally I do not care about The Murk, The Hotbar UI, The Living Codex, and NPC AI as this has already been talked about before. I want to ask about PA5 and when can we see the summoner.  The question about PA5 will also let us know that PF is finally done. The summoner is the only class guaranteed to be in game upon release that we have not seen. What is this new swag that you are hyping up?  

This post was edited by Vander at January 29, 2020 11:34 PM PST
    • 47 posts
    January 29, 2020 1:44 AM PST

My question doesnot involve those topics but a new topic. In the Dire Lord lore, it talks about ak akmel and his two brothers which cocondensately is the same number of virtues of the ogre clan, Theory or a weird fact? Akakmel symbolized war according the lore. I wander if the the other two brothers were disease and famine. Then i could see that there could be another lost brother in later expansions who could be the 4 th. Then you could have the 4 horsemen of the apolycalse.

Just a thought....

This post was edited by DRAXION at January 29, 2020 3:00 AM PST
    • 67 posts
    January 29, 2020 2:46 AM PST

Not sure if this has been discussed yet.

Climbing: Is it planned that there is combat while climbing? Will Mobs be able to climb as well or can you use a cliff to flee sucessufully?

• 200 posts
    January 29, 2020 8:06 AM PST

When will we get to see PF? What percent complete is it?

• 10 posts
    January 29, 2020 8:32 AM PST

Is there any news related to the development of the Bard class? 

Joppa and Bazgrim touched on this topic, a year ago during the Rise of the Fallen Creative Director Class Discussion.

It has been a while, can we get some more definitive information, please?

This post was edited by Pantherin at January 29, 2020 11:06 AM PST
    • 368 posts
    January 29, 2020 8:33 AM PST

Without giving us an ETA, what % complete, would you guys say PF is at?

• 7 posts
    January 29, 2020 9:26 AM PST

How much you're gonna let pre-alpha, alpha and beta testers affect your decisions on design? Or class balance etc