Forums » The Dire Lord

very hopeful: cohh stream/dec stream

• 54 posts
    January 18, 2020 11:21 PM PST

did some comparison and i noticed that the cohh stream (towards the end) roughly 41:27.. he was tanking with higher end gear. as with the the december stream with saicred (as warrior) while Cohh did have a better gear set it was noticable (at least in my opinion) that the DL (while tanking in the same zone at the same LVL) was at least on par with the warrior. while yes the spike damage was noticable it was maintainable. and in my opinion this was the first comparison between the two that really gave me hope that the classes will be balanced enough to not be overly concerned. while I have been a fan of cohh since the first stream he did (never knew anything about him before) I think cohh is an amazing player not to take away from saicred ive only seen him in two video's and he just seemed less serious imo.  so i know the player matters above all. but all i am trying to say is i feel allot more comfortable after comparing the two streams side by side.. how about the rest of the DL community? do you feel a bit more relaxed after the two? I understand they really havnt shown the DL in a raid (or damage intensive boss) (hint hint hope hope for another DL stream) but as far as group content goes do you feel that the DL is where it should be?

• 85 posts
    January 19, 2020 10:37 AM PST

I would like to see the warrior have a big, noticeable advantage when it comes to physical tanking...and the DL have a big advantage when it comes to tanking magic/non-physical type mobs. Thats the biggest reason for them to be different. If a DL can be just on par with a warrior it seems to defeat the purpose of a warrior. 

BTW, we are SO far away from release...that I wouldn't hold my breathe on how anything is balanced right now. I promise you a lot will be changing on probably every class even still. 

• 368 posts
    January 20, 2020 7:22 PM PST

I think the Cohh stream w/ the Dire Lord was in Avendyr's Pass and BRK, which those mobs did hit for significantly less than what the re-tuned Amberfaet mobs were hitting for. You really need a 1:1 to see the difference. Though I would prefer to see Paladin next :P

• 762 posts
    January 21, 2020 6:01 PM PST

Fragile said:

I think the Cohh stream w/ the Dire Lord was in Avendyr's Pass and BRK, which those mobs did hit for significantly less than what the re-tuned Amberfaet mobs were hitting for. You really need a 1:1 to see the difference. Though I would prefer to see Paladin next :P

Agreed.

We already know all three tanks (and likely the monk) will be able to handle trash mobs with "relative" ease.  I would like to see some 1:1 comparisons at lvl 50 tanks versus lvl 50+ mobs; this is where the difference will become noticeable because of skill caps and gear escalation/scaling versus high enemy defenses/resists and attack ratings. 

If the devs don't do this, players absolutely will; and that is when we will start to get elitist posts/videos about X class is trash or Y class is superior based on some random person's opinion (but backed with circumstantial evidence) that will become viral/universal abstract belief based on the only evidence provided to us if the devs don't provide the proof first.