Forums » News and Announcements

Next Stream 1/16/20

• 1273 posts
    January 16, 2020 4:12 PM PST

I have not used twitch tv before, this will be my first time.  I see a log in and sign up, do you HAVE to sign up to see the video live?  Or can you watch as a "guest?"  

Anyone?  Thanks!

• 21 posts
    January 16, 2020 4:34 PM PST

Should be able to watch as a guest. There are some little points you can earn in channels to make your comments more visible and such (if signed up), not sure if VR twitch channel has that feature though. 

This post was edited by Nesy at January 16, 2020 4:37 PM PST
    • 1992 posts
    January 16, 2020 4:50 PM PST

I'm pretty sure I watched a stream somewhere without being a member.

F.Y.I. You only have to give an email address and make a user name to sign up. No fees, no contracts to sign in blood :)

• 1273 posts
    January 16, 2020 4:52 PM PST

Ok, I'm convinced, I'll just sign up so I can have a chat name ;-)

• 1992 posts
    January 16, 2020 4:54 PM PST

Vander said:

I just hope they actually answer questions this time vs dodging the questions.  Tell us what the hold up is on the summoner.

Did you see the stream recently where they said that they haven't shown Summoner because the class is SO dependent on Pets and they have yet to implement the whole pet system?

• 159 posts
    January 16, 2020 7:39 PM PST

Jothany said:

Vander said:

I just hope they actually answer questions this time vs dodging the questions.  Tell us what the hold up is on the summoner.

Did you see the stream recently where they said that they haven't shown Summoner because the class is SO dependent on Pets and they have yet to implement the whole pet system?

Nope!!!! I think they are having issues implementing the entire pet system into the game. Be it pathing issues or a list of all the other issues that might be the cause for the extreme long wait to get the Summoner done. I prefer to hear the truth vs dodging the legitimate question to why is it taking so bloody long. Plus for example. They finish the UI and instead of moving to say the pet system. VR revisited the UI and tweaked it. I'm okay with tweaking systems to make them better, just wished they put a fire under their --- and got the summoner pet system done first than went back to tweaked the UI.  There are many of us that want to see the Summoner.  Other than that I think the stream tonight went well.  

• 1273 posts
    January 16, 2020 8:18 PM PST

It is possible that they are working on both at the same time.  Maybe the person working on the pet system is not the same person that works on the UI.  But, what do I know.

• 1273 posts
    January 16, 2020 8:19 PM PST

No, seriously, I don't know much.

• 51 posts
    January 17, 2020 12:36 AM PST
    I cant find the stream, does anyone have a link or info about why it was canceled (if so)?
    • 46 posts
    January 17, 2020 1:00 AM PST
    • 51 posts
    January 17, 2020 4:22 AM PST
    Thats from november 26 -19, its old...
    • 41 posts
    January 17, 2020 6:02 AM PST
    i think thats the right one they just used the wrong date
    • 26 posts
    January 17, 2020 10:18 AM PST

when will there be a youtube video for those who missed the stream?

• 18 posts
    January 17, 2020 12:34 PM PST
    Roenick saying “Maestro”
    • 1992 posts
    January 17, 2020 2:28 PM PST

Kotter said:

when will there be a youtube video for those who missed the stream?

I expect they will have it on their youtube channel fairly soon, but you can watch it on VR's Twitch channel now.

VR on Twitch

• 2138 posts
    January 18, 2020 7:35 AM PST

Feel free to add your own or correct mine-

side-note- I liked the lay-out by the way, when Joppa expressively extended his hands and they went beyond and over the frame, it gave that 3-D illusion created by the pressence of those vertical lines that constituted the frame.

Based on the last Jan 16 stream: I hereby name Joppa the Mad Reckess Magician. He is the guy I am sure players will love to curse, but I can imagine him in the background peeking through a hooded cloak with sparkling alert eyes and a permanent half grin seemingly oblivious to players struggles but at the same time, hearing all.

Machail as the Stalwart local authority, I can imagine he would get cats out of trees and find lost things, easy to talk to and answer questions but you always remember a thouusand things you could have asked after you get home.

Roenick! as the harbinger of anticipation and smiles. The kind of person whom you love to get a request form to group with, where dieing is funny and jokes are made on the run back but awesome saves are done during battle and cool things found. Every. Time.

• 151 posts
    January 19, 2020 1:39 AM PST
    I simply can't wait to play their game. I'm sure they'll enjoy folks diving in and playing their hard work and creations.
    • 46 posts
    January 19, 2020 10:05 PM PST

There is one thing I noticed in this steam:

When Joppa stucks, he says "you know". Until now it was only him who uses it frequently. But at the end of the stream, the others start to use this term more and more often.

Anyone who can confirm that?

• 51 posts
    January 20, 2020 1:28 PM PST

What I noticed, to me anyway, was it seemed that the tone for PA5 was a bit downbeat when compared to 2019 December. Perhaps they were just a bit tired or me being a bit pessimistic.

• 21 posts
    January 20, 2020 2:35 PM PST

Skelos said:

What I noticed, to me anyway, was it seemed that the tone for PA5 was a bit downbeat when compared to 2019 December. Perhaps they were just a bit tired or me being a bit pessimistic.

I agree that I didn't leave the stream feeling quite as hyped about pre-alpha 5 being just on the horizon as I did when I read the December 2019 Producer's Letter. I think that's just the nature of the content in a 2 week progress stream (probably including US holiday time off) vs a big year-end letter that sums up progress and their vision moving forward in broader strokes. These 2 week streams are going to contain small developments that they can show us and discuss with quick questions. Still, there is a disconnect between people's expectations of communication and the limitations of information they can convey through questions asked on twitter, reddit, twitch chat, and forum posts as opposed to a planned out newsletter. 

• 21 posts
    January 20, 2020 3:39 PM PST

Hope its not just me but I have 0 sound with this video on their twitch. I get sound with any other video on their channel and 0 problems with ANY other channel.

• 1281 posts
    January 20, 2020 5:06 PM PST

SinisterJoint said:

Hope its not just me but I have 0 sound with this video on their twitch. I get sound with any other video on their channel and 0 problems with ANY other channel.

Just checked and the audio works fine. Just a reminder that you have 3 locations to check volume controls 1) The video itself, 2) The browser (per tab in many cases) and 3) OS level. Based on what you are saying it sounds like either 1 or 2 in your case. May also try restarting to verify the browser tabs all close down and restart correctly and verify the volume is up. It defaults to off in most cases.

• 51 posts
    January 21, 2020 10:57 PM PST

It's up on youtube now, for those that want to watch it. 

https://youtu.be/t21M0LrO-3w

• 1247 posts
    January 24, 2020 5:13 PM PST

These are excellent. I am not one for twitch, facebook etc - I am content with watching streams on youtube and commenting right here on the forums. I enjoyed listening to the questions and was glad to hear questions from different people. It's not good to hear questions from the same small group of people every stream; there are so many others who are interested in Pantheon that we would prefer to hear questions from different people. Thanks for doing that.

This post was edited by Syrif at January 24, 2020 5:15 PM PST
    • 1273 posts
    January 24, 2020 6:04 PM PST

Syrif said:

... glad to hear questions from different people....

I was little excited that they actually took two of my questions.  It always makes it feel more real when you know they're taking real questions from real people.  This was the first time I'd attended a live stream for this game.  Was glad the timing worked out.