Forums » News and Announcements

Next Stream 1/16/20

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    January 10, 2020 8:44 AM PST

Join us Thursday Jan. 16 at 6PST for our next Pantheon Dev Stream. While we will not be showing new content, the team will be discussing progress and taking your questions from chat. Hope to see you there!

This post was edited by Roenick at January 10, 2020 8:48 AM PST
    • 557 posts
    January 10, 2020 9:01 AM PST

Thanks, Roenick!  Love the Road to Development.   Can't wait to walk that path.

• 159 posts
    January 10, 2020 10:24 AM PST
    What is Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen?

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that takes place on Terminus, a high fantasy world of powerful deities, valiant heroes, insidious enemies, and fantastic creatures. Pantheon focuses on challenging content and social aspects of game play, encouraging groups and guilds, forging new relationships, and earning a reputation in the community.

In addition to traditional fantasy races and classes, the world of Terminus has been formed from the ‘shipwrecked’ fragments of many different realms and worlds, bringing their unique civilizations and Celestial deities with them. It is into the current age of this wonderful and mysterious world that players will step foot for the first time. Realms long lost will be explored anew. Peoples and cultures striving to gain a foothold in this unfamiliar world will form alliances and vie for power. Uncovered civilizations and awe-inspiring locales will offer new and incredible adventures for you and your friends to experience. Enter a world where the environment itself tells the story and where content is always king.
    Because Pantheon values the paradigm of great risk vs. great reward, the player will always be encouraged to push themselves out the door and to embrace exploration, adventure, danger, and the community of players alongside them. Imagine an expansive, detailed, and lore-rich world where the environment itself tells much of the story. Envision challenging content, meaningful character progression, and compelling social and group-oriented game play, along with opportunities to both solo and raid. This is Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.

• 1273 posts
    January 10, 2020 10:47 AM PST

Awesome!  I won't be able to be there live, but I'm looking forward to watching it soon as it's available!

• 1860 posts
    January 10, 2020 1:22 PM PST

Thanks for the update.

• 1281 posts
    January 10, 2020 1:25 PM PST

I think it would be cool if they could spend time running around the areas we havn't seen of the older outdoor zones that we already know about. It's not new content but could still be something new to look at.

Can't wait!

This post was edited by bigdogchris at January 10, 2020 1:25 PM PST
    • 62 posts
    January 10, 2020 3:11 PM PST

Looking forward to hearing about goals and/or milestones that are planned.

This post was edited by Geoffrey at January 10, 2020 3:11 PM PST
    • 1992 posts
    January 10, 2020 3:23 PM PST

Thanks Roenick. I'll be there.

One question: if this is the 'real' road to development, shouldn't there be -way down where it fades out of sight -a corpse lying in the middle of the road? Totally un-identifiable at this distance, of course :D

Beautiful poster, I'd love to see a 4K version of the background image put up in the 'Media' section.

• 1247 posts
    January 10, 2020 5:42 PM PST

Woohoo! =)

#communitymatters #makenightmatteragain #factionsmatter #riskvsreward #deathpenalty #HardRaiding #respectyourguild #HellLevels #worldsnotgames #aradune 

• 51 posts
    January 11, 2020 6:50 AM PST

Good stuff! Thanks for this!

• 768 posts
    January 11, 2020 11:23 AM PST

Lovely. Thanks for the heads up!

• 124 posts
    January 11, 2020 11:33 AM PST

Can't wait! I won't be there live (it will be 02:00 for me), but will be watching first thing the ensuing day!

This post was edited by Shadowbound at January 11, 2020 11:34 AM PST
    • 291 posts
    January 11, 2020 12:52 PM PST

/salute will be there.

• 2886 posts
    January 11, 2020 1:06 PM PST

Geoffrey said:

Y'know, normally I wouldn't even expect them to discuss this sort of thing at all due it usually being better to underpromise and overdeliver. But if ever there were a time to do discuss milestones, it would probably be now, moving into a new year. They recently stated their desire to increase their transparency and communication. And I think they have already done that to a degree. But I think even with sticking to their "no dates" policy, it would be a good move to at least lay out some of their goals for this year. And I personally rarely even care about that stuff cause it'll all get here when it gets here. But a road map is the single most requested thing from the community. A detailed road map would probably actually do more harm than most people realize. But the "Road to Development" seems like a good time to paint a general picture of where things are headed. There's still a lot of people that don't know what the future looks like with Brad not in the picture anymore and peeling back the curtain a little bit might help to alleviate some of those concerns.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 11, 2020 1:08 PM PST
    • 1281 posts
    January 11, 2020 7:45 PM PST

@Bazgrim

Good points. Yeah, saying "we plan to hit alpha in July" is probably not a great idea but saying "this year we plan on focusing on X, Y, and Z" would give everyone an idea of what they are working on.

• 520 posts
    January 13, 2020 3:25 AM PST

Great. I will be there (if nothing stops me).

• 62 posts
    January 13, 2020 11:22 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Geoffrey said:

Y'know, normally I wouldn't even expect them to discuss this sort of thing at all due it usually being better to underpromise and overdeliver. But if ever there were a time to do discuss milestones, it would probably be now, moving into a new year. They recently stated their desire to increase their transparency and communication. And I think they have already done that to a degree. But I think even with sticking to their "no dates" policy, it would be a good move to at least lay out some of their goals for this year. And I personally rarely even care about that stuff cause it'll all get here when it gets here. But a road map is the single most requested thing from the community. A detailed road map would probably actually do more harm than most people realize. But the "Road to Development" seems like a good time to paint a general picture of where things are headed. There's still a lot of people that don't know what the future looks like with Brad not in the picture anymore and peeling back the curtain a little bit might help to alleviate some of those concerns.

That's what I was hoping for from the way it was laid out: "road to develpment" and "discussing progress."  I agree with your sentiments.

• 287 posts
    January 14, 2020 10:31 AM PST

I love how, with all these new streams, VR is telling us up front that there will be no new content shown up front. The first thing I wonder is whether that will be the case or not. Project Faerthael, while I want to see how it is progressing, should absolutely be under wraps until it is completely polished and ready to be shown to the world. There is a subconscious hype that is building with these "no new content" streams and when we finally do get to the point where we see new content, it may very well go viral (fingers crossed). The name of the game here is to create widespread hype at the right time, and VR appears to be making all the right moves to make that happen.

• 1399 posts
    January 15, 2020 8:54 AM PST

I won't be able to be there live. From the December producers letter they say...

"The living codex that governs the spell and ability system is in progress."

Can somebody ask them if they can elaborate on this at all?

• 2419 posts
    January 15, 2020 6:25 PM PST

VR, I hope you treat 'discussion on progress' as patch notes.  Tell us definitive things that you have either finish, accomplished or worked on.  I'll give examples:

"We've finished first pass world design on several zones. We've got the layout, geometry and greyboxes for POIs.  It's moving into the next phase of zone progress"
    "We've done another pass through on class spells/abilities from feedback we've gotten from internal testing and should have it available for testing in the next PA session(s)."
    "Artists have finished more work on armor designs, general textures for world objects, etc"
    "Perception has seen another round of improvements and expansion and should be ready for PA testing."
    "Disposition system has seen several improvements and is heading into more internal testing"

That is what I hope we see.

This post was edited by Vandraad at January 16, 2020 8:13 AM PST
    • 627 posts
    January 16, 2020 2:15 AM PST
    *Chanting* Summoner, Summoner! *repeateatly*
    • 413 posts
    January 16, 2020 4:55 AM PST

Awesome! Much to prepare..

I working so hard at getting into insane shape, so I can spend I lot of time playing this game, and getting out of shape.

• 291 posts
    January 16, 2020 7:27 AM PST

Caine said:

Awesome! Much to prepare..

I working so hard at getting into insane shape, so I can spend I lot of time playing this game, and getting out of shape.

I loled. See you guys tonight!

• 159 posts
    January 16, 2020 3:15 PM PST

I just hope they actually answer questions this time vs dodging the questions.  Tell us what the hold up is on the summoner.

• 429 posts
    January 16, 2020 3:17 PM PST

Would love to hear see more of the summoner as well :)