Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

data breach

• 11 posts
    December 24, 2019 1:54 PM PST

hi everyone,

just logged in today to check on updates and google informed me that there had been a data breach. 

confirming that this is a thing: https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/23534509?hl=en

may want to see if you're at risk

• 9115 posts
    December 24, 2019 2:07 PM PST

Moved to Off-Topic as this is a Chrome feature and nothing to do with Pantheon or Visionary Realms.

• 1281 posts
    December 25, 2019 7:34 AM PST

I can confirm that this is a Chrome warning, and *NOT* a warning that the VR forums have been breached.  In addition, warning about a VR data breach wouldn't come from a Google pop-up.

• 11 posts
    February 21, 2020 8:27 PM PST

Let's hope individuals do not use the same passwords. Threat actors tend to get password dumps and run through multiple sites with those dumps. Hopefully everyone has a password manager and has those passwords different per site :) If not, reset your passwords and enforce second factor authentication (if the site offers it). 

• 4 posts
    February 22, 2020 12:22 PM PST

For any member who is supporting this game, MFA would be ideal!  (Multi-factor authentication) Is that possible to enable on this site? 

-sYnFury

This post was edited by sYnFury at February 22, 2020 12:22 PM PST
    • 1992 posts
    February 22, 2020 1:23 PM PST

sYnFury said:

For any member who is supporting this game, MFA would be ideal!  (Multi-factor authentication) Is that possible to enable on this site?

-sYnFury

I think you will get a quicker response to your question (which I don't know the answer to) if you submit it in a support ticket. Link at top of page. They are very quick and helpful as many on the forums will attest to.

Alternately, you could just make a post in the "website support" section at the bottom of the main forum page.

Welcome to the forums, thank for pledging :)

• 1281 posts
    February 23, 2020 1:02 PM PST

Jothany said:

sYnFury said:

-sYnFury

I think you will get a quicker response to your question (which I don't know the answer to) if you submit it in a support ticket. Link at top of page. They are very quick and helpful as many on the forums will attest to.

Alternately, you could just make a post in the "website support" section at the bottom of the main forum page.

Welcome to the forums, thank for pledging :)

I asked, to support, several months ago about MFA.  Here is their response, entire e-mail copied for reference.

We are aware of the issues with the SMS authentication. Currently, we are using a system that works with an app on your phone. I don't know if that will be the system we use at launch.

Thanks for contacting Pantheon Support

Kilsin said to open a feedback ticket about this.

A little background. I am a systems and network engineer that works in the InfoSec department of a large non-profit healthcare system.

Question/Comment... If you guys are going to implement 2FA for accounts, please please please please do not tie it into SMS/texting. Please tie it into a real 2FA token (either physical or phone app) like RSA/Symantec VIP Access/Duo/etc.  If you need a semi-detailed explanation of why SMS based 2FA is bad, I can provide one.....hehehe

Sincerely,
    Visionary Realms, Inc

• 11 posts
    February 23, 2020 2:45 PM PST

I work in Cyber Security as well. Nice to know you work in the industry :)