Forums » News and Announcements

11/26/19 Stream Now Available.

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    November 27, 2019 12:50 PM PST

Miss last night's stream?  Check out the replay on our Youtube channel as we break down Class Combat Resources, take a deeper dive on our new logo, and answer some of the chat's burning questions!

https://youtu.be/cYMql-KrVOs

This post was edited by Roenick at November 27, 2019 12:52 PM PST
    • 2138 posts
    November 27, 2019 3:33 PM PST

Yay!

Thanks for the link!

• 1247 posts
    November 28, 2019 4:16 AM PST

Aw.. such beautiful music. Great stream - the three of you. I LOVE the resource bars! Truly, thank you! :)

Add: Joppa - listening to you gives me great comfort about the development of Pantheon. You rock!

#communitymatters #makenightmatteragain #factionsmatter #riskvsreward #deathpenalty #HardRaiding #respectyourguild #HellLevels #worldsnotgames #aradune 

This post was edited by Syrif at November 28, 2019 4:54 AM PST
    • 1 posts
    November 28, 2019 5:45 AM PST

thanks

Class Combat Resource is good

• 1921 posts
    November 28, 2019 7:17 AM PST

It's an interesting conflict, those classes with in-combat-resource generation versus those classes without.
    It would seem, objectively, that if those resources do not carry over or maintain or are sustained, while out of combat, that for those classes, their effectiveness would be tied to staying in combat.
    Yet, those without (as highlighted in the stream, several classes do not have an in-combat resource generation mechanic) would want to be out of combat as much as possible, to recover their resources.  Especially with the (so far, demonstrated for the past 3+ years) percentage-per-tick based out-of-combat mana recovery.
    And then again, if combat resources DO carry over, or are maintained, or can be sustained, while out of combat, then classes with those have a considerable advantage with an extra resource pool not available to the classes without them.  It likely would relegate the non-ICRGs to be perceived as less valuable, and rightly so, mathematically.

If out of combat resource generation is changed away from percentage-per-tick to fixed-value-per-tick, and in-combat resource generation is reset the moment a class leaves combat, the resulting "perfect storm" will likely polarized the community along these two different designs.  Those that wish to be in combat 100% of the time because their effectiveness is greater while they are, and those whose effectiveness decreases every moment they are in combat.

Of course, all of this has massive implications for TTK (time-to-kill) values, as well.
    I do not envy the attempts to balance this design, if any of the above is true.

At least resilience gives a reason to overheal. :)

This post was edited by vjek at November 28, 2019 7:18 AM PST
    • 1247 posts
    November 28, 2019 8:03 AM PST

I am glad some classes won’t have a combat resource and will utilize mana instead. I don‘t want all the classes to have the same things and same concepts. 

Anyway, good work Visionary Realms!!! <3

• 1479 posts
    November 28, 2019 8:36 AM PST

Awesome stream the three of you, some things were really interesting especially that classes will still have endurance for some abilities, at least for some classes, or physical exploration.

I look forward to see it in action, and to your contrary roenick, the shaman eye is really not my favourite (I find it not mystical enough and too eyeish in fact. Miss some purified style to my opinion).

Keep up the good work !

• 124 posts
    November 28, 2019 10:33 AM PST

I really love those UI elements, and I'm also glad that not all classes have this additional layer of complexity, otherwise it would just feel like a tick-box process, rather than feeling legitimate for those classes which do have them. My main is going to be an Enchanter, but my alt was always going to be Rogue, so I was pleasently surprised to see the resource functionality for them, too!

• 557 posts
    December 2, 2019 4:51 PM PST

Great stream.  Love the resource bars.

Joppa needs a new webcam.  Last stream he was really fuzzy.  This time it's better, but when his feed is right beside Ben's, there is a striking difference in quality

• 346 posts
    December 3, 2019 4:41 AM PST

To add to Joppa's Camera. It appears to have made his beard grey. I'd have him get that checked as it could be a chromatic imbalance in the capture firmware.

/s