Forums » Introduce Yourself

Well, hello.

• 8 posts
    November 23, 2019 9:13 AM PST

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm not generally the type to post on any sort of forum, but the community here seems very welcoming, so I figured I'd give it a shot. 

My name is Donal. I've been into games since my mother won a TurboGrafx-16 in a Christmas raffle at our community laundromat, ages ago. Console gaming has always been the most easily accessible for me but, as a teenager, I discovered my love for the communities that can be built around games, when my parents brought home our first family PC. 

I started by simply roleplaying in an old D&D chatroom called 'The Crossroads Tavern' before discovering 'Legends of Cosrin', a text-based MUD that I played almost exclusively for about four years. My first experience with an MMO was World of Warcraft (of course), which I played from launch for two years, before I enlisted in the Navy and stepped away from the games for half a decade. 

I've been a civilian for quite a few years now, got married, bought a house, bounced around from job to job for a while before finally deciding to start working with my wife at her small restaurant/bakery. 

There haven't been any games that have enraptured me in such a way as when I was younger, though I've definitely played my fair share in the years since. Mostly, I just work. Family businesses tend to take over every aspect of your life, I've found.

I don't have very many friends these days, mostly just family (my mother and all of the in-laws). Without intending to seem desperate or pathetic, I guess I've been searching for a place to belong for quite some time. So here I am. 

I'm excited and hopeful for what this game might become, and the community that is building around it; and I'm honored to have been able to pledge, to be a part of it.

This took a turn that I wasn't quite expecting but I've committed to typing it out, so I might as well finish.

If you read this, thank you. Here's to a future that is bright.

• 325 posts
    November 23, 2019 10:25 AM PST

Welcome aboard shipmate!

• 201 posts
    November 23, 2019 7:36 PM PST

Welcome to the zoo!

This IS a very friendly community, despite the occasional 'intense exchange of ideas' lol.

We owe a lot of it to our ever-watchful moderator, Kilsin. You'll meet him later, I'm sure :)

Due to the nature of Pantheon, we probably have a community with more middle-age and older players than most game forums. That helps keep the drama down some too.

Glad you joined us, hope to see you in the game.

• 4336 posts
    November 23, 2019 8:43 PM PST

Welcome!

• 194 posts
    November 24, 2019 5:28 AM PST

Hey Donal, welcome! The long and winding road to get here is one most of us can relate to. Happy you made it!

• 331 posts
    November 25, 2019 1:11 PM PST

Welcome! Glad you've convinced yourself to type here ;-) Any prefered class yet? From your nick I have a strong feeling that it's a bard though.

• 321 posts
    November 25, 2019 2:49 PM PST

Welcome! I hope you find lots of friends here.  <3

• 11 posts
    November 25, 2019 11:56 PM PST

Welcome too Pantheon, and soon hopefully too Terminus!

• 8 posts
    November 26, 2019 8:49 AM PST

Hegenox said:

Welcome! Glad you've convinced yourself to type here ;-) Any prefered class yet? From your nick I have a strong feeling that it's a bard though.

I guess the name is a little on the nose, haha. 

Bard, definitely. Fingers-crossed that it's available on release! 

Anything support/utility, but I have a soft spot for rogues.

• 8 posts
    November 26, 2019 8:50 AM PST

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome.

This post was edited by poetbones at November 26, 2019 8:51 AM PST
    • 1326 posts
    November 28, 2019 2:09 PM PST

Welcome!

#communitymatters #makenightmatteragain #factionsmatter #riskvsreward #deathpenalty #HardRaiding #respectyourguild #HellLevels #gamesnotworlds #aradune 

• 185 posts
    November 28, 2019 5:07 PM PST
    Welcome