Forums » News and Announcements

Thank you all...

• November 20, 2019 9:29 AM PST

Our heartfelt thanks to you all for the outpouring of support as we reflect and share how Brad's creative passion has changed our lives.
    We stand together, committed to honoring his legacy and fulfilling his vision for Pantheon.

#worldsnotgames

This post was edited by Deleted Member at November 20, 2019 9:30 AM PST
    • 115 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:32 AM PST

The thanks go to you guys... for everything. 

• 429 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:32 AM PST

I cry Seeing that .... Thank you Brasse 

Full support for all the team and Bless you all 

#worldsnotgames

This post was edited by Shea at November 20, 2019 9:34 AM PST
    • 1247 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:41 AM PST

Thank you so much. The memories will never die. Long live Aradune! 

Add: /hail Brasse 

#communitymatters #makenightmatteragain #factionsmatter #riskvsreward #deathpenalty #HardRaiding #respectyourguild #HellLevels #worldsnotgames 

This post was edited by Syrif at November 20, 2019 1:06 PM PST
    • 11 posts
    November 20, 2019 10:09 AM PST

I only hope that a inferno is started from an ember of concerted effort to make this game what is was always going to be. Let this be a beacon of desire to fulfill the dreams of a true Romantic to MMO worlds. RIP and Good luck on your eternal corpse run Brad.  Others will be there to help you in time.

A statue should be made in game to honor Brad (Aradune).  My deepest condolences to His family, friends and team.    

NapalmAngel

This post was edited by Napalmangel at November 20, 2019 10:11 AM PST
    • 114 posts
    November 20, 2019 2:04 PM PST

Brad will be sadly missed :( The best quote I have seen so far on various websites, is that Brad was called to be a designer/programmer by God to work up in Heaven on the RL simulation that we are living in now :)

Pantheon will carry on and be an even greater game than thought, simply cos the designers and programmers etc now have to live up to Brad's dreams and visions of what his world of Terminus would be. I really think that most of the time it will be a WWBD? from now on, and that can't help but make Pantheon better.

He will be missed deeply, but sadly we all have to go sometime, some sooner than others. We are all grateful he was here as long as he was and gave us his dreams of a world where your adventures decreed what you could be :)

On a personal note...I do hope that there is something grand to memorialize him within Pantheon...nothing trite like a momument...but something that truly embodies him. I am thinking along the lines of an epic quest, ending not in a weapon, or in armor, but in a random visual buff perhaps called Aradune's Blessing or Light of Aradune....where the buff is a flame visual on your primary weapons to represent his flaming swords (Fiery Avenger), and perhaps a title to go with it like Knight/Lady of Aradune :) Nothing overpowering, but something that as you go thru the quest, you get easter eggs or something to let you know of who the creator of Terminus was.

/salute Aradune. God speed sir, and may your rest be peaceful.

This post was edited by Frogz0r at November 20, 2019 2:05 PM PST
    • 3852 posts
    November 21, 2019 7:26 AM PST

On a personal note...I do hope that there is something grand to memorialize him within Pantheon...nothing trite like a momument...but something that truly embodies him. I am thinking along the lines of an epic quest, ending not in a weapon, or in armor, but in a random visual buff perhaps called Aradune's Blessing or Light of Aradune....where the buff is a flame visual on your primary weapons to represent his flaming swords (Fiery Avenger), and perhaps a title to go with it like Knight/Lady of Aradune :) Nothing overpowering, but something that as you go thru the quest, you get easter eggs or something to let you know of who the creator of Terminus was<

This would be excellent. Not that having a statue or a NPC or or other things also would be bad.

I prefer to think of him as the *lead* creator not the sole creator. It took a team to sing Terminus into existance - he led the team. Middle Earth reference - I hope being considered "merely" the hands-on leader of the angels (to put it in Christian terms) rather than a distant and mostly uninvolved God (referring to how it worked in Middle Earth) would offend him.

This post was edited by dorotea at November 21, 2019 7:27 AM PST
    • 2138 posts
    November 21, 2019 8:28 AM PST

dorotea said:

On a personal note...I do hope that there is something grand to memorialize him within Pantheon...nothing trite like a momument...but something that truly embodies him. I am thinking along the lines of an epic quest, ending not in a weapon, or in armor, but in a random visual buff perhaps called Aradune's Blessing or Light of Aradune....where the buff is a flame visual on your primary weapons to represent his flaming swords (Fiery Avenger), and perhaps a title to go with it like Knight/Lady of Aradune :) Nothing overpowering, but something that as you go thru the quest, you get easter eggs or something to let you know of who the creator of Terminus was<

Hollywood does this all the time: Sigourney Weaver's Cameo in "Paul". Charleton Heston as the old ape in first Planet of the apes remake with Whalburg, Mike Myers in bohemian rhapsody (because he could not bang his head to that song in waynes world, so he's the music exec that thinks the same song wont make it in bohemian rhapsody)

maybe even a solitary tavern- tiny one- with one NPC that serves two things water and bread and maybe a torch. the basics. McQuaids tavern in a otherwise desolate area

• 70 posts
    November 21, 2019 9:20 AM PST

Please put something into Pantheon that shows old EQ vets and new Pantheon players alike what Brad was all about.

Something, an NPC or codex object, that somehow gives quotes that underscore some of Brad's pet peeves of game design that he championed.

Like, risk vs. reward and why he stuck to it in the face of complaints yet that is precisely what made Everquest the memorable world that it is today. And what also drives the desire for Terminus to be likewise.

Maybe a tavern barkeep or innkeeper who dispenses sage quotes, some funny but all meaningful, that remind everyone of Brad's thinking and passion.

Like ... "Risk vs. reward may be despised, until the fondness of their memories tells them otherwise"

This post was edited by redgiant at November 21, 2019 9:26 AM PST
    • 259 posts
    November 22, 2019 5:28 PM PST

Make Worlds! 

• 429 posts
    November 22, 2019 6:15 PM PST

Shyin said:

Make Worlds! 

That alone is What Brad himself would say :)

Making worlds not games !

• 902 posts
    November 29, 2019 5:51 AM PST

A call to put a legend into what will certainly be a legendary game makes sense and would be a fine way for us to pay our respects to a man that literally changed the course of peoples lives with his vision, efforts and determination. 

I don't care about a reward,  the journey is the point. Let there be some journey for us to share with his memory.

A fine idea for a fine talent.

• 9 posts
    December 8, 2019 4:35 AM PST

So Sad.

His vision of Everquest changed my life.

• 557 posts
    December 12, 2019 3:07 PM PST

I hope that in some deep and seldom travelled recess of a Terminus dungeon I will turn a corner and find the words "Aradune is stinky" scrawled on the wall.

This post was edited by Celandor at December 12, 2019 3:08 PM PST
    • 294 posts
    December 15, 2019 9:48 AM PST

Well done Brasse. Thank you for that.

I am still at a loss for words.

• 8 posts
    January 15, 2020 11:48 AM PST

Name the first PvE Realm after Aradune.