Forums » News and Announcements

With Deepest Regrets, Aradune has passed away

• 5 posts
    December 1, 2019 5:52 AM PST

Wow just seen the news.  RIP Brad very sad news indeed the MMO gaming community has lost a leader, friend and visionary.  

• 557 posts
    December 2, 2019 4:27 PM PST

I have been living under a rock and was oblivious to this news.  My heartfelt condolences to Brad's family and to everyone at Visionary Realms.

Brad was certainly an innovator and a catalyst in the MMORPG community.  We all owe him so much for the countless hours of fun and the friendships we have made along the way across multiple games.

While I'm sure it's not business as usual for the folks at VR, I have every confidence that they will channel Brad's love and vision for Pantheon and carry forward.

Compared to the loss to Brad's family, the gaming community's concerns are small, but it's unfortunate that Brad won't be there to share a cold beverage with the crew at launch.

This post was edited by Celandor at December 2, 2019 4:28 PM PST
    • 6 posts
    December 4, 2019 7:27 AM PST

What a terrible loss to the community. We will miss your creativity, and cant wait to see your dream come to life. Thank you Brad for everything you shared with us. 

• 6 posts
    December 4, 2019 7:27 AM PST

What a terrible loss to the community. We will miss your creativity, and cant wait to see your dream come to life. Thank you Brad for everything you shared with us. 

• 13 posts
    December 4, 2019 2:36 PM PST

I just found out about Brad's passing; to say I'm heartbroken would be a woeful understatement! Brad was a true visionary, and a legend in the gaming industry. He will be greatly missed! My thoughts and  prayers go out to his family. I hope they know how much he meant to us!! 

• 429 posts
    December 4, 2019 4:12 PM PST

A  visionary we all agree , forgive us all should we all agree .. i am heart broken as all will can only succeed    .. we can ony believe that the vision will suceeed ...

• 13 posts
    December 4, 2019 7:25 PM PST

Pledged finally to make sure his vision is brought to life.  His worlds have entertained me for a very long time...here's hoping his new world will do the same.

• 1 posts
    December 5, 2019 5:58 AM PST

My sincerest condolences to Brad's family and friends. Through Pantheon and EQ Brad will live on through memory.

<3 

• 2 posts
    December 5, 2019 6:13 AM PST

Very sad to see this news .Thoughts go out to his family .  I have been playing his games for 20 years.  I never got the chance to meet him but he made a great game for us all . 

This post was edited by binker at December 5, 2019 6:14 AM PST
    • 8 posts
    December 6, 2019 4:02 AM PST
    Very sad in many aspects. Not only for the gamingcomnunity.

I hope there will be a big statue in memory of brad to pay our respects ingame ❤
    • 9 posts
    December 8, 2019 4:33 AM PST

So sad. Same age as me. RIP.

• 9 posts
    December 17, 2019 10:48 AM PST

My prayers and thoughts are with Brad's family -- your loss is beyond words. 

/sigh /cry  I've been doing those two things a lot since I heard that Brad is no longer with us.

There are different kinds of shelters and safe havens -- Brad gave me, and all here, one in which to thrive and grow and test our mettle; to make friends of the heart and mind; and to learn that it's "not okay" to train people, kill steal (or node steal) or be selfish and that a community of good players will close ranks to make sure that the honourable are welcomed -- no matter the shape, size, colour, rank, race or class, and the "dishonourable" are not tolerated with equanimity, as is, sadly, done IRL. I am grateful for the lessons that failure happens, good folks sometimes do not-good things, but one can and must seize opportunities to redress, level up, buff newbies and pay it forward -- look for them and have the courage to take them.

I am grateful for my years in EQ, EQII and Vanguard, and the honour of being guilded in Silky Venom with the devs in Vanguard (hugs to Talisker and Avair) -- I can still hear the excitement in Brad's voice when he was telling us about something great that was being developed or coming soon (TM). 

I thank Brad's family for sharing him and for the team who he was a part of that helped to make those worlds a reality.

Thank you, all here, for helping Pantheon to continue. My thoughts turn to the investors who invested because of Brad -- I hope they stay their course and become more determined than ever that this vision be realized.

I know I said this already, but it bears repeating: Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Brad's family for sharing him and his various gaming families through the years for creating these worlds with him for us.

He may not be here physically, but (though it sounds corny), he's in the games he loved and put himself in -- I remember how Brad kept Keith Parkinson with us through the gorgeous world landscapes -- and a bit of him is in us as we have the bravery to imagine what could be possible.

/salute

• 8 posts
    December 19, 2019 6:08 PM PST

I hope your final adventure is everything you deserve Brad. Gone way to soon.

• 264 posts
    December 22, 2019 2:49 PM PST

Rest in peace Brad, your vision gave me some of my best gaming experiences with EverQuest.

• 31 posts
    December 29, 2019 8:25 PM PST

hello everyone...

My condolences to all of Brad's family and close friends. I just learned today, of his passing and am still a bit in disbelief. I did not know Brad or get to meet him in person but I would have jumped at a chance to tell him my RL stories and express my gratitude for the years of experiences EQ brought to me, my friends and my family. 

/salute Aradune

May you Rest in Peace.

This post was edited by SyriusNorthstar at December 30, 2019 11:01 AM PST