Forums » News and Announcements

With Deepest Regrets, Aradune has passed away

• 287 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:28 AM PST

RIP Brad, truly a sad day. EQ brought joy to countless of people over the years, and I'm sure Pantheon will be a great testament to your everlasting legacy.

• 1 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:55 AM PST

So sorry to see you go Brad. Thanks for the great game Vanguard and everquest. I was playing Vanguard from beta till the end and it was the best MMO i ever have played since. So sad :(

• 62 posts
    November 20, 2019 10:10 AM PST

I just read this on twitter, man i am shocked. 

RIP Brad. Thanks for making the games that made so much people happy. You will be missed.

• 57 posts
    November 20, 2019 10:47 AM PST
    My condolences to the family and friends.
    • 3016 posts
    November 20, 2019 11:26 AM PST

BenD said:

It is with deep regret and profound sadness that we share that Brad McQuaid, Chief Creative Officer of Visionary Realms passed away in his home last night.

Brad was a visionary, a mentor, an artist, a trailblazer, a friend, a husband, a father. He touched thousands of lives with his dreams and concepts. He changed the landscape of video games forever. He will be deeply missed and forever remembered in life and in Pantheon.

Thank you, Brad, for bringing us together through your worlds. Rest in peace, Aradune.

All of us at Visionary Realms offer our deepest condolences to Brad’s family and during this most difficult time, we kindly ask that you respect the privacy of Brad’s family.

Oh My God... Fly with the Angels Brad,  you will be truly missed.   My heart is broken.   My condolences to all his family and friends.

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at November 20, 2019 11:33 AM PST
    • 2 posts
    November 20, 2019 11:48 AM PST

Rest in Peace Brad. And warm loving trhoughts to your family.

And thank you for the vision you brought to EQ....never have I had a better time playing games. (Or even an equally enjoyable time.) Thank you for your parting gift from EQ, Firiona Vie server. I hope your dream and ours as players, becomes a reality. May Pantheon achieve that sense of fun and community and challenge and role-play become the tribute to your vision that we all hope for.

• 366 posts
    November 20, 2019 11:49 AM PST

I havent posted here in a very long time, but I came to offer my condolences to Brad's family, coworkers and friends. Even though he was very busy, he always took time to talk to me and was always so humble, helpful and listened. The gaming industry has had a big loss. I wish his family much strength through this tough time.

This post was edited by Zarriya at November 20, 2019 11:51 AM PST
    • 8 posts
    November 20, 2019 11:52 AM PST

He will forever be missed,,,,, and best possible wishes for the family... Both Immediate and the Gameing Family he had for Years

• 37 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:11 PM PST

this is a immense loss. this is very sad news.

Condolences to his family.

• 35 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:14 PM PST

Thank you for everything you have given us, Brad.

Rest in Peace. 

• 2 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:18 PM PST
    I am very sad about this news.
    We shared the same dreams, the same pleasures on the worlds of Norrath and Telon.
    Pantheon Rise of the Fallen is the game that made me dream.

Thank you for all these great moments and memories Brad McQuaid.
    Condolences to family and friends.

RIP Aradune.

This post was edited by Shaenlee at November 20, 2019 12:24 PM PST
    • 22 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:20 PM PST

I haven't been active on the forums that much, but I have been following all progress of Phanteon. Now hearing this actually breaks my heart. It's a big loss for the entire gaming industry, I will always remember Brad for bringing his ideas to life just to let us to get lost in his beautiful creations! I offer my sincere condolences to his family and to the VR team. RIP Aradune.

• 11 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:25 PM PST

Sad day for all, not only for his friends and family but also the MMOs community. 

My sincere condolences to the family, friends and all mates in VR. Let's make something special for him with Pantheon :)

This post was edited by Isvrada at November 20, 2019 12:58 PM PST
    • 7 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:26 PM PST

My deepest condolences to his family at VR and home.  

• 124 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:47 PM PST

This is monumentally sad news, it's taken me quite some time to acknowledge what's actually happened!

EverQuest genuinely saved my life (I do not make that statement lightly), and to see it's creator pass away far too early in his own life is terrible.

• 41 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:51 PM PST

Terrible news to hear =(. You will be missed.

• 9 posts
    November 20, 2019 1:01 PM PST

Rest in peace Aradune. He will be deeply missed by his fan base. He was a pioneer in the gaming industry!

• 90 posts
    November 20, 2019 1:06 PM PST

Bye Brad, Can't wait to try your new vision. 

• 85 posts
    November 20, 2019 1:22 PM PST
    Goodbye Aradune. Thank you for sharing your worlds with me over the last 20 years. You made my life better and you will not be forgotten.
    • 64 posts
    November 20, 2019 1:44 PM PST
    My sincerest condolences to Brad's family and friends. This was sad news to wake up to this morning. Brad will be missed by the many lives he touched throughout his life.

Daloskar
    • 4 posts
    November 20, 2019 2:02 PM PST

RIP Brad. Thank you for 20+ years of entertainment and escape. You've touched more people's lives than you'll ever know. Condolences to VR and your family. 

• 4 posts
    November 20, 2019 2:17 PM PST

Such news hearing of Aradune's passing.  He was integral to development of this genre that we all love and was undoubtably going to reinvigorate the genre from what it has become.  He created a world in Everquest that I was able to lose myself for what amounted to months if not years of real life time.  I hope that his passing creates even more energy around making his vision of Pantheon a reality and the undoubted success it would have been with him guiding the progress.  My deepest condolences to his family, friends and the Pantheon team.

• 34 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:00 PM PST

RIP

It's a scary thought to think of where I would be, or how things would be, if it wasn't for Brad and his vision.

In light of that - I just upgraded my pledge.

For Aradune!~

This post was edited by flea at November 21, 2019 2:44 PM PST
    • 24 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:26 PM PST
    Absolutely terrible news. He was the reason I pledged. His passion and creativity for creating a world to inhabit was admirable. I never met him but from the interviews he did he seemed like an all around good guy. He didn't leave a hole to be filled -he left a crater. RIP
    • 4 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:45 PM PST

Damn. RIP, friend. I know I'm not alone when I say that you directly influenced my life in a positive way. You may have passed but your legacy and impact remain.