Forums » News and Announcements

With Deepest Regrets, Aradune has passed away

• 11 posts
    November 20, 2019 4:58 AM PST
    Such sad news. He brought such joy to so many people. May he Rest In Peace and May his family find comfort at some point.
    • 643 posts
    November 20, 2019 5:10 AM PST

This cataclysmic news hasn't even sunk in, yet.  The impact Brad had on so many of us cannot be overstated.  

Condolences to V.R. and Brad's friends and family.

Thank you Brad for creating the world of Norrath that so many of us truly lived in for so many years.

R.I.P. Aradune.  May Tunare hold you close for eternity....... 

This post was edited by fazool at November 20, 2019 5:34 AM PST
    • 23 posts
    November 20, 2019 5:22 AM PST

I just found out, I am crushed :(

My condolences to the team, and Brad's family...this includes the MMO family he had as well.

I followed him everywhere, like a stalker hoping to experience something like Everquest in its glory again.

Please keep Pantheon alive.

• 13 posts
    November 20, 2019 5:36 AM PST

Without Everquest I would not have met my wife.

Thank you Brad.

• 9 posts
    November 20, 2019 5:40 AM PST

So young ! My Condolences.

• 612 posts
    November 20, 2019 6:20 AM PST

Such sad news. Everyone wear green this week to Honor @Aradune and his traditional green armour.

• 429 posts
    November 20, 2019 6:28 AM PST
    My Condolences to his family , A very sad day in history :( 
     May he forever be remembered for help making our worlds a better place .

This post was edited by Shea at November 20, 2019 6:36 AM PST
    • 38 posts
    November 20, 2019 6:35 AM PST

Brad was a true visionary that made a positive impact on millions of peoples' lives.

I'll keep the McQuaid and VR families in my thoughts.

RIP, Aradune.

• 248 posts
    November 20, 2019 6:35 AM PST

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

You will be missed Brad. Thank you for all the adventures you brought into my life.
    From one ranger to another, I salute you.

-sorte.

• 1 posts
    November 20, 2019 6:41 AM PST

A friend text messaged me this morning about the news, I was shocked.  EQ was always the best of memories where I met so many new friends that I still have to this day.  You will be missed Brad, I'm sure you are in a better place.

-Groov

• 595 posts
    November 20, 2019 6:58 AM PST

No words...

Only love <3

• 95 posts
    November 20, 2019 6:59 AM PST

Very sad to hear! A tough time for the family and VR no doubt and it still doesn't seem to have sunk in yet. 

• 18 posts
    November 20, 2019 7:01 AM PST

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.

Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path... One that we all must take.

First post here and I am sad it is on this occasion. Have been a Fan of Brad since EQ beta days. I still remember seeing him clad in armor with flaming swords in those early days, such fond memories. I have followed his developement through the years and feel I have lost a kindred spirit.

You will be missed...

-Draja

• 40 posts
    November 20, 2019 7:09 AM PST

My jaw dropped when I read the google alert on my phone. 

I'm currently logged into P99 as well... what a horrible piece of news. I owe him a tremendous amount, if it wasn't for EQ and the socialization it brought to me, from behaving in a mature way at a young age with adults, to typing speed to being generally interested in computers and tech. He had a hand in getting me to where I am.

I'm glad it was at home with his family if it had to happen. I'd like to think that his life's work was in a place where he could relax and pass on without stress or regret. 

He will absolutely be missed. Now and forever.

Thank you Brad, thank you Aradune.

• 8 posts
    November 20, 2019 7:14 AM PST

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

RIP and Farewell.

• 3852 posts
    November 20, 2019 7:15 AM PST

RIP

• 318 posts
    November 20, 2019 7:18 AM PST

At a loss for words...

Brad you and your games have been such an inspiration. Will be praying for your family and friends in this difficult time.

• 27 posts
    November 20, 2019 7:32 AM PST
    I'm so saddened by this news. So young for this day and age. He brought so much to so many of us. He helped change the landscape of gaming in such a profound way for so many of us. RIP Brad
    • 696 posts
    November 20, 2019 7:33 AM PST

RIP revolutionary of MMOs. You will be greatly missed. It' sad that he couldn't stay to see his vision realized. I hope he can look down once the project is done to see his final creation and all of us enjoying it as much as when we first stepped in Norrath and made soo many unforgetable memories.

RIP Ardune. You were truly one of the greats in MMOs.

• 74 posts
    November 20, 2019 7:37 AM PST

I will add my voice to the many who have shared how truly sad it is to see him taken so early in his life. Prayers and condolences to the family. The world has lost a creative genius and humble man.

• 16 posts
    November 20, 2019 8:18 AM PST

Deeply saddened to hear the news. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. Like many others, I've spent many years exploring the worlds he helped create. I look forward to continuing that here in Pantheon.

For Aradune!

Fair winds and following seas Brad, may this last journey bring you the peace you so richly deserve. You will be missed by more than you know. 

• 52 posts
    November 20, 2019 8:22 AM PST

As so many have stated Brad touch so many of our lives and gave up a special place to visit.  I have so many great memories from my times in his worlds as many have stated.  I wish peace for his family through these rough times.  God Bless, and I hope Brad is on the back of a Dragon exploring a beautiful world.  

• 1 posts
    November 20, 2019 8:29 AM PST

Condolences to family, friends, associates.

• 8 posts
    November 20, 2019 8:35 AM PST

This is a very sad day. Brad changed my life with Everquest and thank him for it! His dreams and art will be kept alive forever with our support! 

• 3 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:26 AM PST

My sincere condolences to Mr Brad's family and all of his friends and associates .