Forums » News and Announcements

With Deepest Regrets, Aradune has passed away

• 6 posts
    November 19, 2019 11:05 PM PST

I am without words.

Now we all need to make sure Pantheon becomes the best game known to mankind. This was his dream and we will make sure to create the best community in his honor.

20 years ago I've discovered Norrath. It has changed my life forever. I owe a debt of gratitude I can never repay.

Thank you for all the great memories and pleasure EverQuest brought to me during all those years.

• 724 posts
    November 19, 2019 11:27 PM PST

Sad news this morning :( My condolences to his family and those around him.

May his vision live on and come alive once more with Pantheon!

• 9 posts
    November 19, 2019 11:36 PM PST

My condolences to his family and freinds. This news is just so shocking. I have such fond memories of the experiences I had and all the great people I met thanks to the worlds that he built. Thanks for everything RIP Brad.

• 21 posts
    November 19, 2019 11:58 PM PST

condolences to his family , friends and vr team .

• 47 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:03 AM PST

My deepest condolences to his family, friends and to all of us whose life has been enlighten through his work, dedication and spirit.
    No one from Halas will ever forget you.

With all my love.

• 2756 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:09 AM PST
    Just heard the news waking up in the UK.

I'm so sad.

We often hear of celebrities dying and think "that's sad" but hearing of this has me truly upset.

I can only imagine how badly this must be effecting those that actually knew him and his family.

My heartfelt condolences.

Good grief he'll be missed. What a great man.
    • 2 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:18 AM PST

Jeeze, I have no words.  Truly a great loss.

• 119 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:19 AM PST

My condolences to everyone. Talk about a shocking piece of news.

My life wouldn't be where it is today if it weren't for his contributions to the gaming industry. Everquest snared me when I was a teen, gave me a home, and introduced me to my wife of 11 years. We set our sights on SOE, dreaming to work for the company that had given our life so much. We both worked there for a time and greatly enjoyed it until it was time to move on. It's safe to say that nearly 15 years of my life was heavily shaped by a creation that he took part in. Though my life has gone elsewhere now, I will always look back on that time with fondness and enjoy the memories, and I can't thank Brad enough for having lended his creativity and talent to that which gave me so much.

Thank you Brad. Rest in peace. You are a hero to many.

• 4 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:39 AM PST

R.I.P. Brad, You will be missed!

• 191 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:41 AM PST

It saddens me deeply to hear that Brad has passed away. At times like this words seem so inadequate but I offer my heartfelt condolences to Brad's family and friends.

• 9 posts
    November 20, 2019 1:48 AM PST

I have no words.

• 223 posts
    November 20, 2019 1:54 AM PST

My deepest condolences to the family, may he be at peace.

• 1 posts
    November 20, 2019 2:32 AM PST

My condolences to his family, friends and the team.

• 4 posts
    November 20, 2019 2:34 AM PST
    I'm totally shocked. My thoughts and prayers to his family. He was a true visionary.
    • 1992 posts
    November 20, 2019 2:52 AM PST

My deepest sympathies to Brad's friends and co-workers at VR who now must find the strength to go forward without their Muse to lead them. Give it time, you will all find your way.

Goodbye Aradune.

• 6 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:19 AM PST

I am shocked to hear this news and can hardly believe it. Thanks for all that you did Brad! You will be missed but your memory will live on!

-Nevardian

• 173 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:24 AM PST

What words could be said for a man that touched my life in a very real way yet we never met.  My best wishes to family and friends.  Rest in peace Brad.

• 3 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:35 AM PST

A unfillable void has been created

• 126 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:38 AM PST

He was far too young.  What horrible, horrible news.  My condolences to his family and friends.  

• 30 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:44 AM PST

This is crazy.  I super hope it wasn't over stress with Pantheon.  No project is worth your life.  When ever I heard him talk it seemed like he was super tired and or depressed.  That can lead to mental illness or physical health problems like high blood pressure.  If poeple care about him, then Pantheon has to keep going with the vision.

This post was edited by rencil at November 20, 2019 3:45 AM PST
    • 151 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:55 AM PST
    Goodnight Aradune
    • 7 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:57 AM PST

It’s terrible to hear about this loss and I express my sincere sympathy to the family, friends and the VR Team.

R.I.P Brad, we all going to miss you on this Realm!

• 18 posts
    November 20, 2019 4:02 AM PST
    Your realm gave me some of the best years of my life! You will forever be remembered brother. So very heartbreaking! You are my epic weapon
    • 1315 posts
    November 20, 2019 4:11 AM PST

Deeply saddened this morning.  It always seems like the brightest lights burnout quickest.

Dream the impossible dream my friend.

• 32 posts
    November 20, 2019 4:51 AM PST

His name should be the first thing that anyone sees when they load this game up, forever end of story...

This post was edited by EnlightenedGuru at November 20, 2019 4:52 AM PST