Forums » Expansion Classes

A Healer That Sacrifices Life

• 54 posts
    November 6, 2019 11:08 PM PST

I personally think that a healer that must attack enemies to drain life onto themselves but sacrifice certain percentages of thier own life (like sac 5k hp to heal 50k etc) to heal allies or maybe a combination of sac health and use mana, that would be really neat.

• 468 posts
    November 7, 2019 7:48 AM PST

I'd alter that take a bit and have them heal with their HPs but also increase the potency of their heals the lower they get in health but there's always the risk of killing themselves if they aren't careful. Could have some adverse obstacles to make it a bit more interesting. Maybe a crit heal saps more life or something.

Basics anywho. These things need to be thought out and put through some rigorous brainstorming.

• 4320 posts
    November 7, 2019 3:33 PM PST

Isn't that basically the Blood Mage from Vanguard? Sounds good to me - the inherent risk vs reward element is fun. I'm all about healing, but having to keep things in balance. That was one of the most popular classes in Vanguard, so I'd say it's at least on the table?

• 731 posts
    November 11, 2019 12:54 AM PST

Bloodmage was my second favorite class in Vanguard, after, well, guess.

Lots of folk on the Test server preferred the Disciple battle healer, but playing my bloodmage was great fun when I needed a break from pulling. Like a shaman's cannibalize on steroids.