Forums » News and Announcements

Oct 2019 Newsletter - Analog version

• October 31, 2019 9:16 AM PDT

Pantheon Newsletter Oct 2019

Well, to be fair, we also link the various videos of the Newsletter as presented on October 24th, but here it is in the usual bite-sized analog snippets!

http://pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_october_intro/

In this Newsletter, we cover:

See ye thar,
    Brasse

This post was edited by Deleted Member at October 31, 2019 9:19 AM PDT
    • 62 posts
    October 31, 2019 10:39 AM PDT

Thanks, Brasse!

• 1315 posts
    October 31, 2019 10:42 AM PDT

So to clarify from Ben Dean’s section “we saw that we had to extend the original timeline” means that Project Faerthale missed its target and will require an indeterminate amount more time to complete?

How does this effect PA5 and Alpha time lines and ultimately a target launch date?  I can understand wanting to be conservative on expectations but deadlines honestly help push progress.  In a AAA game time lines are a trade secret, in privately funded games you don’t need to tell anyone you are even making a game until you start your advertisement blitz but a crowd funded game is different.  I for one would appreciate a bit more transparency on time lines and targets and would find it hard to encourage anyone else to pledge without that information.  It is just as easy to fall down the “its not ready yet” rabbit hole as it is to succumb to pressure to ship to early.

CU has done a good job in my opinion being upfront about milestones, timelines, success, failures and next steps. 

• 216 posts
    October 31, 2019 10:50 AM PDT

Thanks for the news letter. I was hoping for some more burning questions (different from the video ones).  I excited to hear about the shaman pets that was hinted at the month before. Ah well who knows maybe next month Joppa will spill some beans on shaman pets. thanks again and looking forward to the 7th!

• 346 posts
    October 31, 2019 2:19 PM PDT

Kellie said:

Thanks for the news letter. I was hoping for some more burning questions (different from the video ones).  I excited to hear about the shaman pets that was hinted at the month before. Ah well who knows maybe next month Joppa will spill some beans on shaman pets. thanks again and looking forward to the 7th!

Guess I'm out of the loop on this. What information was given about Shaman pets?

[Edit: Ignore the above question. Apparently Joppa said they will be hinted at in the next newsletter]

It helps to understand that this physical copy is not separate from the video newsletter that either preceeds or follows it. The question is then, will this detail be given during the CohhCarnage stream or the following Video Newsletter at the end of November?

This post was edited by Janus at October 31, 2019 2:23 PM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    November 1, 2019 8:19 AM PDT

Good question Trasak.

VR isn't likely to be very specific but since it is their newsletter that raised the point perhaps a few sentances of non-specific "what does this mean" might not be amiss in the next newsletter or on these forums.

• 379 posts
    November 2, 2019 11:34 PM PDT

Trasak said:

So to clarify from Ben Dean’s section “we saw that we had to extend the original timeline” means that Project Faerthale missed its target and will require an indeterminate amount more time to complete?

How does this effect PA5 and Alpha time lines and ultimately a target launch date?  I can understand wanting to be conservative on expectations but deadlines honestly help push progress.  In a AAA game time lines are a trade secret, in privately funded games you don’t need to tell anyone you are even making a game until you start your advertisement blitz but a crowd funded game is different.  I for one would appreciate a bit more transparency on time lines and targets and would find it hard to encourage anyone else to pledge without that information.  It is just as easy to fall down the “its not ready yet” rabbit hole as it is to succumb to pressure to ship to early.

CU has done a good job in my opinion being upfront about milestones, timelines, success, failures and next steps. 

I would love to see some clarification from VR on this. As it was written, it could be taken multiple ways. Was PF just now delayed, or has it been in a delayed state for several months now? Are we a month or two from PA5 or another year(s)?

• 9 posts
    November 3, 2019 3:19 PM PST

Is the reason no dates are given because, if and when a timetable is pushed back it will scare off pledges? I imagine this is the reason last year they did not say alpha was being pushed back 2+ years cause they knew people would bail and with them the money and everything else. I for one think it's disingenuous to ask for donations/pledges and open a merch shop when most people have no idea if/when timetables are being pushed back to who knows when. I get these things take time but when you are deliberately omitting information cause you know you would lose money that is cheating people in my opinion.

This post was edited by Rittle at November 3, 2019 3:20 PM PST
    • 1 posts
    November 4, 2019 12:18 PM PST

Personally im only checking these forums and newsletter for a hint of game stage, and if lucky an ETA on alpha/beta testing. Has there been any news on name reservation date that ive missed?

I know several people from the EQ community are feeling the same way.

• 2 posts
    December 23, 2019 1:03 AM PST

All good points and I would also welcome some more info regarding timelines and expected dates of alpha/beta.