Forums » The Dwarves

Starting City?

• 91 posts
    October 31, 2019 7:16 AM PDT

I couldn't find any search results, so does anyone know what the starting city/area is for dwarves?  Is it the Silent Sanctum?  

I'm most likely playing an elf and my sister wants to play a dwarf, so if above is correct then that would be perfect!

• 1717 posts
    October 31, 2019 11:53 AM PDT

I think it's the Oldassan Citadel in the region of Khadassa deep in the tundra, south of the world.

• 388 posts
    October 31, 2019 12:50 PM PDT

Love the names in this world!

• 498 posts
    October 31, 2019 1:44 PM PDT

Sad to say, Elves and Dwarves will be starting very far apart. However I don't think VR has yet decided exactly how difficult it will be for friends who start different races to meet up OR at what level they will be able to do so. So keep your fingers crossed.

In case you haven't seen it, this is the currently available atlas of Terminus. It covers the starting locations of 6 of the 9 races. Faerthale is marked on it. Archai, Dwarves and Gnomes all start on the southern continent of Whitethaw which is below the bottom of the map.

Terminus

This post was edited by Jothany at October 31, 2019 1:45 PM PDT
    • 91 posts
    October 31, 2019 2:04 PM PDT

Thanks all.  I read tundra somewhere, but I wasn't aware of a whole other continent south of the current map.  I'll keep my fingers crossed, and overall I'm not worried too much.  It could be a memorable experience trying to survive a trek to Whitethaw, or the dwarf to Faerthale :).

• 388 posts
    October 31, 2019 2:46 PM PDT

Geoffrey said:

Thanks all.  I read tundra somewhere, but I wasn't aware of a whole other continent south of the current map.  I'll keep my fingers crossed, and overall I'm not worried too much.  It could be a memorable experience trying to survive a trek to Whitethaw, or the dwarf to Faerthale :).

The epic commute between qeynos and freeport is mimiced to this day....... I hope they make it even more difficult. Ill never forget the day I ran from kelethin to qeynos on my lvl 5 bard, where my brother was already in his 20s out in WK. Terribly memorable - Kith at night.

• 91 posts
    October 31, 2019 9:40 PM PDT

Alyonyah said:

Geoffrey said:

The epic commute between qeynos and freeport is mimiced to this day....... I hope they make it even more difficult. Ill never forget the day I ran from kelethin to qeynos on my lvl 5 bard, where my brother was already in his 20s out in WK. Terribly memorable - Kith at night.

That's awesome :).  I have similar memories in other games, and I'm all for that sort of thing... apparently it leaves a lasting impression on many.  In one of the videos I recall VR saying mobs won't rubberband, so that will definitely make the journey challenging.  Otoh I am curious as to what level the different races will start to gather together.

• 498 posts
    November 1, 2019 9:37 AM PDT

There have been numerous threads over the years. It's a complicated issue because 1) everyone wants a challenging game so we're all attached to travel not being TOO easy 2) everyone has a different idea of what is 'hard enough' travel and 3) many people  have freiends they want to play the game with and thus really want to group together as soon as possible.

It's going to be an 'interesting' solution no matter what system they put into place. And it will certainly NOT be perfect according to many people rofl.