Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Questions for Joppa

This topic has been closed.
    • 627 posts
    October 30, 2019 8:32 AM PDT
    How will Spell haste affect HoTs, Dots and Spell cast speed in Pantheon?
    • 627 posts
    October 30, 2019 8:34 AM PDT
    How will the Druid passive ability Reverberation work with other healers?

"Passive Ability. When an ally is under the effects of any of your healing abilities and they are healed by another player in the group, that healing effect will jump to another group member as well."
    • 627 posts
    October 30, 2019 8:41 AM PDT
    Can Summoners use their Water Arcamental: Undine to heal other grp members?
    • 521 posts
    October 30, 2019 8:55 AM PDT

1. Any chance of a 1v1 area style combat( I’m thinking oblivion arena) on PVE servers for those who might either enjoy watching and placing bets, or those who like PVP Duels occasionally but not being forced to play with all the negative aspects of open PVP servers, and also keeping duels if there ever added from being in the streets creating disturbances.

2. Any chance of not having resource node runs, and having actually mines where the various ores ect can be gathered, Horizons did, (later renamed Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted). I found that style less monotonous and more conducive to meeting other crafters and harvesters since it was a gathering place and not a track.

3.Will bards be able to play music in the taverns for some side money?

This post was edited by HemlockReaper at October 31, 2019 1:32 PM PDT
    • 627 posts
    October 30, 2019 9:22 AM PDT
    Are Spell-Weaving Wizard only thing?

While adventuring, Wizards may discover scroll fragments connected to some of their core abilities. Once found, these fragments are scribed into the Wizard’s Living Codex and join with the core spell. Once joined, the markings become discernible and show the Wizard the secret of weaving these spells into successive, more powerful versions of themselves. In addition, Woven spells are instant cast and have no Mana cost.
    • 627 posts
    October 30, 2019 10:33 AM PDT
    Are there any secret to the monks 6 gates?

The 6 gates are known as: The Gate of Anger, the Gate of Peace, the Gate of Sorrow, the Gate of Joy, the Gate of Balance and the Gate of Release.
    • 23 posts
    October 30, 2019 12:13 PM PDT
    Does the ogre racial 5% Crit on damage apply to spells?
    • 75 posts
    October 30, 2019 12:27 PM PDT

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

• 173 posts
    October 30, 2019 12:43 PM PDT

Are we there yet?

• 1999 posts
    October 30, 2019 1:04 PM PDT

OGTomkins said:

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

I got this one, Joppa.

A woodchuck would chuck all that he could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Also, Joppa could you confirm that the Halfling Passive Ability 'Wild Mind' grants innate 20% resistance to charm and mez?

In the video you said 20% in your description, but the graphic onscreen didn't contain "20%".

• 238 posts
    October 30, 2019 4:11 PM PDT

Druid questions regarding Preservers Wildfire. : 

1. How will this ability interact with mezes and other forms of CC. 

2. The number of tendrils spawned increases with the more wisdom, intelligence, and constitution that you have. What is the max number that can currently be spawned or is this something that is still being tested?

3. What is the current range of the tendrils?

4. Follow up question to 1, 2, and 3. How does the development team plan to keep this spell viable as an AOE heal in group-centered combat should it act as a form of CC break?

• 220 posts
    October 30, 2019 4:59 PM PDT

Are you planing to sell The Spriggan model @15:30 https://youtu.be/FGUQ3hpZNks in your store as a collector item?

• 346 posts
    October 30, 2019 5:01 PM PDT

Is cereal a soup? Is a hotdog a sandwich?

• 151 posts
    October 30, 2019 9:17 PM PDT

Will gnomes smell of cabbage and feet as they have in all previous games or has their new form put an end to that?

God I hate gnomes.

This post was edited by Sabot at October 30, 2019 9:17 PM PDT
    • 1019 posts
    October 31, 2019 6:00 AM PDT

How will food work?  i.e duration, stats, faster mana regen, faster health regen

Will it be level restricted?  (I'm calling BS if it is.)

• 1315 posts
    October 31, 2019 7:12 AM PDT

(Your teeth are not strong enough to eat dragon jerky, you must advance your power to consume the flesh of powerful beings)

You suffer 5 points of internal bleeding damage . . . Did you swallow glass?

You have died from internal bleeding. 

Bloody Stool indeed.  (Lore can be written to justify any game mechanics deemed worthwhile.)

This post was edited by Trasak at October 31, 2019 7:22 AM PDT
    • 627 posts
    October 31, 2019 7:31 AM PDT
    Guys please keep to the topic, and please be serious :)
    • 627 posts
    October 31, 2019 7:35 AM PDT
    Will The Dire Lord Splatter ability work with other classes effects also? Like Rogue poison, Shaman slow or Enchanter debuffs?

A violent attack that splatters your enemy’s essence in a small radius. Other enemies within that radius have a chance to be afflicted with the same detrimental effects as your target. (Uses Essence)
    • 173 posts
    October 31, 2019 7:41 AM PDT

Paper or plastic?

• 627 posts
    October 31, 2019 7:46 AM PDT
    Can Paladin reflect any attack and Spell useing Edict of Celestial Fury?

You recite a sacred word of power, reflecting the next melee attack or spell back at the attacker. (Uses Wrath, Generates 1 Reckoning Point).

Is it possible to have your self as defensive target?
    When The Paladin uses Glory and Honor ability.

For X duration, Y% of the damage you deal to your offensive target is converted into healing for your defensive target.
    • 1019 posts
    October 31, 2019 8:47 AM PDT

Trasak said:

(Your teeth are not strong enough to eat dragon jerky, you must advance your power to consume the flesh of powerful beings)

You have died from internal bleeding.  

Bloody Stool indeed.  (Lore can be written to justify any game mechanics deemed worthwhile.)

This I could accept.  Just telling me it's level 50 and I'm level 1.  Not accept.

• 1315 posts
    October 31, 2019 8:56 AM PDT

Actually, that brings up an interesting sub idea.  Say there is a food that can bump you from level 3 fire acclimation to level 4 for x duration but it treats your body as being under a level 2 ice zone which you then need to glyph/buff for.  It might be the only way to push from 3->4 but will require spreading your glyphs around in order to survive the process.

So rather than strictly “you must be x level” it could be more of a “you need x trait in order to use this without a penalty”.

• 1399 posts
    October 31, 2019 9:01 AM PDT

Question for Joppa.

Could you please not waste what little amount of time you do have sharing with us on stupid questions that don't relate to Pantheon. I understand some think it's "humorous and keeps things light hearted" but for me it simply waste time that could be spent on a relevant question.

I'm great at answering stupid questions myself.

• 173 posts
    October 31, 2019 9:06 AM PDT

I've noticed a seeming growing love of calling people stupid.  Why is it such a bad thing to try and have fun...in a video game forum of all palces?

• 187 posts
    October 31, 2019 9:59 AM PDT
    Joppa is the man!!

1. Will there be an alcohol tolerance skill? Will consuming alcohol affect my characters vision, stats, and movement like in EQ? Asking for roleplaying my drunken Bard. Nothing more amusing than stumbling off a cliff while performing an epic ballad!!

2. Is the first wave of all of the classes skill & spell animations & effects implemented? If not, which classes have all their skills/spells in?

3. How much of PF is complete? 80%?

4. How big is PF compared to the world? Does PF comprise of 15% of the overall zones/size within Terminus?

5. When is PA5?

6. When is Alpha?

7. Pizza or tacos?