Forums » Pantheon Races

Class-Based Racial Ability Selector

• 346 posts
    October 30, 2019 3:02 AM PDT

I decided to throw the abilities for the races into a spreadsheet using class based tabs at the bottom so you can easily find your class and compare said passives and actives (when they're released).

■ Click on the link

■ Once on the page, select your class from the tabs at the bottom

■ Contrast and compare the racial abilities

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TUGbyPV6FcTmRk1alnkkkPwEjLttrIXZTWyfbfbmxU0/edit?usp=sharing

• 291 posts
    October 30, 2019 4:39 AM PDT

Nice :)

• 500 posts
    October 30, 2019 5:27 AM PDT

Very well done. Thank you!

• 13 posts
    October 30, 2019 6:41 AM PDT

nice spreadsheet, but question, why the class tab?  Classes don't affect racials to my knoweldge, and you're comparing all abilities not just ones related to that class?

• 197 posts
    October 30, 2019 10:24 AM PDT

Really nice Janus! The class tab is just to filter out the non-eligible races for that class I believe. 

• 1992 posts
    October 30, 2019 12:52 PM PDT

Very nice, Janus. However that clever fellow Joppa tricked many - including you - when describing the Halfling ability "Wild Mind".

While the graphic that went up onscreen when he was describing it only said "innate resistance to charm and mez...", Joppa's spoken description went "innate 20% resistance...".

I am of course assuming that leaving it out of the graphic is the more likely error, rather than Joppa adding info that really wasn't there.

Perhaps a Dev will confirm.

• 1479 posts
    October 30, 2019 2:19 PM PDT

Memorydump said:

nice spreadsheet, but question, why the class tab?  Classes don't affect racials to my knoweldge, and you're comparing all abilities not just ones related to that class?

It's basically like filtering races avaliable for the class you want.

• 346 posts
    October 30, 2019 5:09 PM PDT

Memorydump said:

Therek said:

Really nice Janus! The class tab is just to filter out the non-eligible races for that class I believe. 

MauvaisOeil said:

It's basically like filtering races avaliable for the class you want.

Correct. Instead of having to mentally remove certain races when selecting based on your class, you merely have to select the class you want to play and the selection gives you only those abilities for the available classes. It makes the process of comparing and contrasting a bit easier.

This post was edited by Janus at October 30, 2019 5:10 PM PDT
    • 1992 posts
    October 31, 2019 4:57 PM PDT

Janus, what tool did you use to create this spreadsheet?

I've been wanting to make some for a while, but haven't yet learned to use any program that makes them.

• 346 posts
    October 31, 2019 10:44 PM PDT

Jothany said:

Janus, what tool did you use to create this spreadsheet?

I've been wanting to make some for a while, but haven't yet learned to use any program that makes them.

Google Sheets. I did everything by hand, no tool involved. It can be done in other programs like Excel but I used Sheets because it's more easily shared with the community. I just had to make it presentable for the regular viewer.

This post was edited by Janus at October 31, 2019 10:44 PM PDT
    • 1992 posts
    November 1, 2019 9:51 AM PDT

Janus said:

Google Sheets.

Thanks. I have Open Libre but it's so comprehensive of a program that all the tutorials I've found for its version of Excel get way more complicated than I need. So haven't learned how to create anything in it. I'm hoping Sheets might be a tad simpler to learn.

• 346 posts
    November 1, 2019 6:33 PM PDT

Jothany said:

Thanks. I have Open Libre but it's so comprehensive of a program that all the tutorials I've found for its version of Excel get way more complicated than I need. So haven't learned how to create anything in it. I'm hoping Sheets might be a tad simpler to learn.

Yeah, I've had that and all the other OpenOffice open-sourced office-suite programs for a while. Libre is a great alternative but ever since Sheets came around, I use that for all unofficial needs. For work however, I use a specialized type but it operates a bit like Excel. One would say that it functions in opposite to GoogleSheets.