Forums » News and Announcements

Introducing our all new bi-weekly video newsletters

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    October 17, 2019 2:19 PM PDT

Joppa put it best: "We want to try something new in the way we communicate to you all. And not just the quality/manner of communication, but the cadence and frequency. So to that end, starting October 23 at 6pm PDT we will have the first of our new, bi-weekly video Newsletters presented live on our Twitch channel (with some pre-recorded content added in as well). Content for our first NL stream: Racial innates, the Spriggan and Round 2 of Burning Questions"

Hope to see you there!

This post was edited by Roenick at October 17, 2019 2:20 PM PDT
    • 438 posts
    October 17, 2019 2:25 PM PDT
    Sounds great. Thanks dude
    • 246 posts
    October 17, 2019 2:31 PM PDT
    This maybe way better thin what we been getting
    • 438 posts
    October 17, 2019 2:31 PM PDT
    My question is will it be uploaded to your YouTube as well? After the live stream of course.
    • 416 posts
    October 17, 2019 2:33 PM PDT

Great news, I know the community has been itching for more regular info. Thanks for listening!

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    October 17, 2019 2:34 PM PDT

Mordecai said: My question is will it be uploaded to your YouTube as well? After the live stream of course.

Yes, the stream will be uploaded to youtube. We will be isloating certain segments as well. 

• 438 posts
    October 17, 2019 2:34 PM PDT
    Thanks Roenick, appreciate it as always.
    • 2419 posts
    October 17, 2019 2:35 PM PDT

Thank you VR for making this change in communications with your playerbase, it is greatly appreciated.  I very much look forward to experiencing this.

• 42 posts
    October 17, 2019 3:27 PM PDT
    Sounds awesome!
    • 216 posts
    October 17, 2019 3:38 PM PDT

when you say Bi-weekly do you mean every two weeks or twice a week? Bi-weekly can mean both so its a little confusing. hehe

Can't wait to hear round 2 of burning questions, the tease about shaman pets has me pretty hyped. And we get to hear about racial passives thats going to be awesome.

This post was edited by Kellie at October 17, 2019 3:42 PM PDT
    • 438 posts
    October 17, 2019 3:43 PM PDT
    Bi-weekly is twice a month... never have I known it to be otherwise.
    • 216 posts
    October 17, 2019 3:51 PM PDT

Mordecai said: Bi-weekly is twice a month... never have I known it to be otherwise.

adjective
    adjective: bi-weekly
    1. done, produced, or occurring every two weeks or twice a week.
      "a biweekly bulletin"
    noun
    noun: bi-weekly
    a periodical that appears every two weeks or twice a week.
    "an English-language biweekly"

If they had said Bi-Monthly that would mean once every two months or twice a month

This post was edited by Kellie at October 17, 2019 3:53 PM PDT
    • 438 posts
    October 17, 2019 4:02 PM PDT
    So... thanks for correction I guess? My point was I suppose half of what the dictionary says. Point being, if we’re starving for once a month information, what makes you think we’d get something twice a week?
    • 346 posts
    October 17, 2019 4:31 PM PDT

Kellie is quicker than I with posting a definition. The issue here is it can mean either/or and tends to be ambiguous in nature, at least with how it's recieved I've found. It's why with official correspondence I go with 'Once every two weeks (while listing the specific day)' or 'Twice a week (then detail the specific days)' as I want to be as clear as possible and not to have any confusion. Timing and dates are things where you don't want to be ambiguous on, at least in my line of work.

With that out of the way, this is great news. I hope the audio quality and setup is worked on and polished before execution. Trial runs on the process can't hurt and by doing so and getting all the process issues through and the kinks out, you allow for a proper release that isn't muddied by criticism of everything but the content itself.

That brings us to the content. I've said numerous times before that Racial abilities or innates are important for the playerbase even if only in the concept stage. It's why I went ahead last year and devised my own rather completed version. This is because you want players to have a concrete concept of who they will play in the game. With no information on the details regarding races, people feel sort of detatched with the game world and don't have that complete image of the avatar from which they can experience the world with. As that final puzzle piece is laid out, players will be more emboldened and interested in the game as they are then more vested in the world being created around their character.

I look forward to the 23rd but again, I hope all the kinks are worked out prior to going live. Thanks again to Roenick, Kilsin, Ben and the rest of the team.

This post was edited by Janus at October 17, 2019 4:42 PM PDT
    • 945 posts
    October 17, 2019 4:34 PM PDT

Remaining calm on the outside but I'm super excited.  Racial differences has been my biggest "burning question" so far.

• 273 posts
    October 17, 2019 4:37 PM PDT

I'm sure if they meant twice a week Roenick would have said semi-weekly, since that is more commonly accepted expression of an event occuring twice within a given time period.

Hopefully this is also a sign that development is moving along swimmingly contrary to the naysayers.

This post was edited by eunichron at October 17, 2019 4:38 PM PDT
    • 291 posts
    October 17, 2019 5:00 PM PDT

Racial innates are literally the burning question in my mind atm! sweet.

• 624 posts
    October 17, 2019 5:43 PM PDT

Should have said fortnightly. 

• 245 posts
    October 17, 2019 5:49 PM PDT

Excellent, this is exactly what the on-going Pantheon development needed.

Thank you for listening to the community for the past few months and appreciating the feedback.

• 9115 posts
    October 17, 2019 7:11 PM PDT

Kellie said:

when you say Bi-weekly do you mean every two weeks or twice a week? Bi-weekly can mean both so its a little confusing. hehe

Can't wait to hear round 2 of burning questions, the tease about shaman pets has me pretty hyped. And we get to hear about racial passives thats going to be awesome.

Every two weeks :)

• 34 posts
    October 17, 2019 10:23 PM PDT
    This is a great update, and I am glad to read it! I feel that the feedback provided after the last newsletter was reflected upon constructively. As an avid fan of Pantheon, with high hopes for its success, I ask that you plan who speaks in these video newsletters very strategically. There are individuals on the Visionary Realms team built for speaking, and others who should be left to their other talents. I am very excited about the race information :)!
    • 46 posts
    October 18, 2019 3:24 AM PDT

There was just a question in the German discord which interests me as well: Will the new video NL replace the written NL or is it just an addition?

Something written is much easier to translate, especially for people who don't speak English. On the other hand side, I'm looking forward to see Justin Gerhart reading from his tales...

• 291 posts
    October 18, 2019 4:07 AM PDT

hope these racials aint teased out haha

• 217 posts
    October 18, 2019 6:24 AM PDT

Exciting news! Thanks for the change and glad to see it will be available on youtube as well if we miss it live. Cant wait!! Tell the team to keep up the good work!!

• 172 posts
    October 18, 2019 6:59 AM PDT

This sounds promising, very excited!