Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

losing hope

• 125 posts
    September 20, 2019 2:31 PM PDT

Keno Monster said:

I'd like to know what the web developer they hired in the spring did in the last 7 months before taking another job. 

Yikes, its always a gamble with new employees- Glad it didn’t go on for longer then 7 months whatever it was.

You just get dud‘s sometimes, a lot of people know how to hold a broomstick and look busy. Sometimes people can skate like that for years. Sometimes the dud isn’t even the employee: I’m sure especially in the art/entertainment industry more often then not the dud is nothing more than creative differences.

Who knows if it was even any of that though. 7 months is a win with responding to cards you’re dealt, that’s all that matters.

What I’m curious about now Mr.Curious: is how you stumbled upon this sauce and what your intent is to insinuate it’s ingreedients in the manner that you have?

This post was edited by Grime at September 20, 2019 4:02 PM PDT
    • 1584 posts
    September 20, 2019 2:44 PM PDT
    I think people need to take in the words of the great Aarons Rodgers and "R-E-L-A-X" and stop stirring up crap that does nothing but get the community all riled up for no reason at all, this entire topic was nothing but click bait knowing people would respond to it, so let's stop this now, and find something that's actually worth talking about, and not be the people that keep stirring the pot, you know who you are lol.
    • 23 posts
    September 20, 2019 8:24 PM PDT
    • 1117 posts
    September 20, 2019 3:44 PM MDT
    I think people need to take in the words of the great Aarons Rodgers and "R-E-L-A-X" and stop stirring up crap that does nothing but get the community all riled up for no reason at all, this entire topic was nothing but click bait knowing people would respond to it, so let's stop this now, and find something that's actually worth talking about, and not be the people that keep stirring the pot, you know who you are lol.

I mean this veryrespectfully, but I don't actually think posts like this help the situation. Some people are frustrated and that's ok. Right now there is next to no communication from VR outside of the newsletter. While I acknowledge VR said this would happen during PF , it can be very frustrating especially for those who have donated at a higher level. 

• 1584 posts
    September 20, 2019 9:38 PM PDT

Kikadurr said:

• 1117 posts
    September 20, 2019 3:44 PM MDT

I mean this veryrespectfully, but I don't actually think posts like this help the situation. Some people are frustrated and that's ok. Right now there is next to no communication from VR outside of the newsletter. While I acknowledge VR said this would happen during PF , it can be very frustrating especially for those who have donated at a higher level. 

What? I'm asking the community to chill and not get sucked into what was obviously probably someone who created a new profile and wrote his single post on that profile to get a bunch of responses, but didn't want to do it on his orginal profile to avoid any drawbacks from it, it honestly quite simple to see that's what's going on, so instead of trying to point me out and how my post wasn't helping, maybe you should be saying making new profiles to make click bait posts in general don't help either.

P.S. 1118

This post was edited by Cealtric at September 20, 2019 10:11 PM PDT
    • 23 posts
    September 20, 2019 10:29 PM PDT

I think you missed my point ....also yes congrats on 1118 your count is impressive , I'm sure that means your opinion matters more.....

• 1584 posts
    September 20, 2019 10:42 PM PDT

Kikadurr said:

I think you missed my point ....also yes congrats on 1118 your count is impressive , I'm sure that means your opinion matters more.....

Honestly, decided to delete my post due to not wanting to further influence posting on this thread.

This post was edited by Cealtric at September 20, 2019 10:58 PM PDT
    • 520 posts
    September 21, 2019 11:24 AM PDT

I've pledged with full awareness that we will wait at least a year until alpha, next year until beta and yet another for proper release.

• 49 posts
    September 22, 2019 1:14 AM PDT

Grime said:

What I’m curious about now Mr.Curious: is how you stumbled upon this sauce and what your intent is to insinuate it’s ingreedients in the manner that you have?

Well, he probably (rightly) wondered why, after all this time, the terrible website and forum have not undergone any changes and so he looked up the name of the person that Visionary Realms hired as their web developer and then saw that she is no longer with the company.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mary-codes

This post was edited by Reichsritter at September 22, 2019 1:15 AM PDT
    • 1019 posts
    September 22, 2019 10:31 AM PDT

Is it normal for a person to go through 7 jobs in 5 years?

• 125 posts
    September 22, 2019 11:04 AM PDT

Kittik said:

Is it normal for a person to go through 7 jobs in 5 years?

Whatever it was didn’t last longer then a year so that’s a hard win imo.

Still not cool to insinuate foul play when all you got is an employment record.

This post was edited by Grime at September 22, 2019 1:27 PM PDT
    • 187 posts
    September 22, 2019 8:40 PM PDT
    Is this the same Mary who played the Enchanter in the most recent stream with Cohh?
    • 247 posts
    September 22, 2019 8:50 PM PDT
    Man I'm feeling the chill here to I'm starting to loose hope from how the news letters really and a bunch of nothing really this last was a little better thin ones from the last few months this year... They really really need a stream again some thing to give me hope there actually working on the game.
    • 346 posts
    September 22, 2019 9:04 PM PDT

Aaron Thomas and Mary Conley are the individuals in question for the website and forums. Aaron is still employed by Visionary Realms. What likely occured was much of the work over the last seven months was completed and where it was best to keep only one on during the release. She was likely a partial hire to cover most of the groundwork as that's fairly common with supplemental hiring. This is usually under a contract though. When I was working with Raytheon, my contract was with systems approach limitations as it was based on the duration of the project I was in charge of. Because of that, my contract was for 27 months with renegotioations under continual or a stretch assignment. Considering that, it's not abnormal to have her under contract for an odd number of months, in this case, seven months.

It helps to understand also that the VIP forums are not within this website and that appears to be a more advanced format than here. 

https://pa.pantheonmmo.com/index.php?/register/

My opinion personally is I couldn't care less about the quality of the forums as long as resources are directed as much into the development of the game as possible. However, I am also aware that it's the face for the game for a lot of prospective people and that to include the issues with the pledge system doesn't work in their favor when it comes to making people feel comfortable when deciding to donate for this project.

If they are concerned about investment, one would think this would be at the forefront of their work, but it appears it's not as they seem fine with it where almost all of the capital appears to be in development of the game.

This post was edited by Janus at September 22, 2019 9:12 PM PDT
    • 1247 posts
    September 23, 2019 1:31 PM PDT

Crullos said:

I am starting to feel like this game is never going to be released

I believe it will. This isn't directed at you, but all I can say is thank goodness this game is being developed by Visionary Realms and not a few people who post on these forums.

This post was edited by Syrif at September 23, 2019 7:00 PM PDT
    • 454 posts
    September 24, 2019 1:32 PM PDT

I believe Terminus will come to life in a most amazing way.  The merch has been something fans have wanted for a long time.  (Including me). It is not a cash shop.  Sure, I wish the game was ready now, but I am waiting calmly.

• 844 posts
    September 24, 2019 2:16 PM PDT

Syrif said:

Crullos said:

I believe it will. This isn't directed at you, but all I can say is thank goodness this game is being developed by Visionary Realms and not a few people who post on these forums.

Brad failed to complete his previous two games. Whats your point?

• 125 posts
    September 24, 2019 3:24 PM PDT

zewtastic said:

Syrif said:

Crullos said:

Its arguable that he was stripped of creative control, therefore they became something that was no longer his.

• 125 posts
    September 24, 2019 3:33 PM PDT

Double post again. Sorry VR and janitors.

This post was edited by Grime at September 24, 2019 3:33 PM PDT
    • 1247 posts
    September 24, 2019 3:35 PM PDT

zewtastic said:

Syrif said:

Crullos said:

LOL! Correction: SOE failed both Brad and us in completing and/or ruining those games (EQ included)! Nothing new regarding SOE; it screwed over Everquest, Brad, and the community. It also dissolved Verant Interactive, killed creativity, and then implemented poor and lousy management of EQ, EQ2, VR etc. EQNext? Lol. Visionary Realms is NOT SOE. What's your point?

This post was edited by Syrif at September 24, 2019 3:58 PM PDT
    • 844 posts
    September 24, 2019 4:20 PM PDT

Syrif said:

zewtastic said:

Syrif said:

Crullos said:

LOL! Correction: SOE failed both Brad and us in completing and/or ruining those games (EQ included)! Nothing new regarding SOE; it screwed over Everquest, Brad, and the community. It also dissolved Verant Interactive, killed creativity, and then implemented poor and lousy management of EQ, EQ2, VR etc. EQNext? Lol. Visionary Realms is NOT SOE. What's your point?

You don't appear to know the history here.

Without SOE EQ might never have made it into existence.

And Verant was involved with Microsoft in the development of Vanguard. Which SoE also saved when MS walked away.

Designing a game is not the same as bringing it to fruition. That's an entirely different skillset.

While I was no SoE fan, nor a Smedley fan - I have to appreciate they brought the games live to players. And last I checked EQ is still alive.

• 1247 posts
    September 24, 2019 5:04 PM PDT

zewtastic said:

Syrif said:

zewtastic said:

Syrif said:

Crullos said:

You don't appear to know the history here.

Without SOE EQ might never have made it into existence.

And Verant was involved with Microsoft in the development of Vanguard. Which SoE also saved when MS walked away.

Designing a game is not the same as bringing it to fruition. That's an entirely different skillset.

While I was no SoE fan, nor a Smedley fan - I have to appreciate they brought the games live to players. And last I checked EQ is still alive.

I know my history just fine, but thank you. And actually, Verant Interactive with Brad and several others did Classic Everquest (Sigil with Brad was Vanguard). SOE dissolved Verant Interactive from within and chose the direction of poor management, gutting, and stupid decision making instead. We all know what Microsoft did as well, that's no secret. And, SOE saved absolutely nothing; they destroyed a good game with good vision (Vanguard) when they took over to make a buck. Again. They did the same thing to Classic Everquest. Other games too. They gutted anything good about these games. This time NO SOE to ruin Brad/VR's creativity and vision. Moral of the story: SOE and Smedley were terrible. Brad is awesome. Brad's original visions for Classic Everquest and Vanguard were awesome (but ruined thanks to SOE). And Visionary Realms is awesome. You are wrong to claim Brad failed. Perhaps you recheck. I am not going to argue any further about this - that's done as far as I care.

This post was edited by Syrif at September 24, 2019 6:17 PM PDT
    • 287 posts
    September 24, 2019 5:27 PM PDT

is this a troll thread? Someone, with their first ever post, is saying they are losing hope? Seems like they weren't very invested to begin with. Sad to sow discontent with your one and only communication in the forum.

• 368 posts
    September 24, 2019 7:18 PM PDT

Ive yet to see anything to worry me with the development of Pantheon.

I get it with PF, they are building the core.

After the core is ready, only then is it time to ramp up in content production. The core mechanics of every game takes time to get right. When developing game logic its often an iterative approach with lots of playtesting to tweak all the hooks, handles, various logical paths, triggers, etc. All while stitching together everything from content management pipelines to data management and manipulation routines. While also building server code to provide world state logic out for clients to render.

Some of the client footage and demo videos that we've seen have been amazing. The climbing stuff is going to change the whole dynamics of what is possible for zone layouts and player mobility.

Shout out to everyone at VR working hard and plugging away at it. 

• 77 posts
    September 24, 2019 11:06 PM PDT

Crullos said:

I thought this post would have been moved to off-topic by now, but it’s still here and I’m bored so.....

OP,

On the one hand I’m sure you are long-time supporter of Pantheon...

But on the other hand you’ve literally made only one post on the forums and it was this one which is pretty disingenuous and troll-like.

Assuming your comment was genuine, my suggestion is to make a logical argument for why you are “losing hope” as I’m sure there a plenty of helpful community members that will be able to diffuse your concerns.

But as you didn’t articulate the basis for your feelings of hopelessness people won‘t be able to engage you in a discussion.  

Forums are better-suited for discussions and social media like Twitter I think are better suited for close-ended expressions of sentiment.  

Just kidding, I’m not on Twitter or most other social media, I don’t really know what they are used for.