Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What would you like to be known for in Pantheon?

• 1281 posts
    August 16, 2019 2:19 PM PDT

Being good at being a Rogue.

That sounds a little weak unless you played EQ1 in the early days, especially low-level Rogues.  Rogues weren't an easy class to earn a reputation of being good at back then.  You were seen as some weak DPS that couldn't take a hit.  A glass cannon if you will.  That said, as you leveled up and practiced your skills, you could build a good reputation for being able to get in and out of places, picking locks, hitting really hard (Assassinate skill anyone?), etc.

While I wouldn't consider myself one of the top caliber Rogues on my server, it would be safe to say that I was a good solid Rogue with a good reputation.  I spent most of my time non-guilded, but would get pretty regular invites to go on guild raids because of my reputation and they might be a little thin on Rogues.  I made my own poisons and wasn't afraid to share if someone needed some extra.

In Panthon, I am definitely going to try to continue my trend of being a good solid Rogue, and even extend it by becoming a Keeper.  I'm also hoping that there's some sort of poison making skill.  In original EQ, it fell under the 'Brewing' crafting skill.  I hope that it falls under 'Brewing' again, but if it is its own crafting skill, that's cool too.  Why did I like it being under Brewing?  Because to build it up you had to start by crafting beverages....  Usually of the alcoholic kind.  I provided alot of booze for alot if in-game parties while I was working my skill up....hehehe

This post was edited by Kalok at August 16, 2019 2:25 PM PDT
    • 223 posts
    August 17, 2019 4:56 PM PDT

That one guy that any guild, casual player, or anyone in general can rely on for help in any situation.

• 416 posts
    August 18, 2019 12:00 PM PDT

I have really enjoyed reading all of the responses to Nephele's question. And thank you Nephele for asking it. It really goes to the heart of what sort of player each of us wants to be and how I believe Pantheon is striving to be a game where community is truly important.

I have a dream of putting together an awesome group of roleplayers and streaming our adventures throughout Terminus. I want to be known as the guy people look forward to adventuring and hanging out with, whether they are in or out of the game.

• 20 posts
    August 18, 2019 12:47 PM PDT

I want to be known as being a "force multiplier" of sorts.  In standard groups, I will be making it run quickly and smoothly, and in undersized ones we will be keeping up with full ones.  I want to plan out tactics for each fight and always be prepared for the unexpected.  I am thinking to fulfill this I will be rolling an Enchanter (or other crowd controller if they are available).

Other than group or raid play, I want to explore.  I look forward to finding things and documenting them and swapping that knowledge with others.  I'll be posting some of that information online in a limited fashion.  Im thinking the format will be either in a "zone guide" type format with the basics and maybe hints towards things, or in a "class guide" format for enchanters or some combination.  Im gonna be drawing my own maps, documenting the creatures or atmospheres, noting the time of day, etc.

• 124 posts
    August 19, 2019 12:03 AM PDT

Being of acceptable level for any group or raid when playing whatever class i end up playing.

Being easy to talk to or ask for help, and most of all, being dependable. If i'm to enter a group i'm fairly sure i can spend 2 - 3 hours at a minimum. If i sign up for a raid i'm fairly sure i can sit it out.

• 4 posts
    August 20, 2019 6:46 PM PDT

The healer they call for the fights that are unhealable

• 346 posts
    August 21, 2019 3:17 AM PDT

Making the impossible possible and the possible efficient. 

But honestly, probably in being known as the Enchanter who's an inanimate object half the time.

• 18 posts
    August 21, 2019 10:46 AM PDT
    On your friends list, probably because we just had a silky smooth dungeon run where everyone got their quest updates and we kept numerous named mobs on cooldown. Or maybe it was that marathon xp group where I chain pulled like a freak of nature until way past your bedtime.
  • September 12, 2019 12:33 PM PDT
    I'd like to be known as a pretty cool dude. Nothing else. My ego is quite comfortable with that.
    • 125 posts
    September 14, 2019 10:19 AM PDT

Nephele said:

So, what would you like to be known for in Pantheon?  It doesn't have to be a class or a tradeskill.  It could be becoming one of the top Keepers, or organizing community events, being a raid leader, or even just being really good at PvP.

That player that’s in a top raiding guild with his wife who has the same surename and they both have some old nerfed rare quest item like Breezeboot‘s Frigid Gnasher.

I found her btw, we played tlp eq a few months ago and she loved it. It was me that couldn’t play anymore...”it just isn’t the same...” 

• 9115 posts
    September 16, 2019 3:58 AM PDT

This thread has been shared across all of our official social media as part of my CM "Hot Topic" content.

"Hot Topic - What would you like to be known for in Pantheon? https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/10962/what-would-you-like-to-be-known-for-in-pantheon #MMORPG #CommunityMatters"

• 26 posts
    September 16, 2019 4:07 AM PDT

i will be the most known ERP'er!

• 523 posts
    September 16, 2019 2:17 PM PDT

To be the best player of my chosen class across all servers in every context.

• 10 posts
    September 16, 2019 6:43 PM PDT

A surprising necromancer.

I *loved* my necro in both my EQ and Vanguard days. Not for being able to solo well, but for the amazing (and unexpected by most) versatility they brought to a group. I loved getting into groups and surprising them by off-tanking in emergencies, mezzing undead like a boss, and just really rounding out a group. As the OP mentioned, you could build some notoriety and I got known for being a party-friendly necro and was welcomed quickly within new groups after some time. Would love to have that rep again.

- Dalmarus

• 752 posts
    September 17, 2019 7:44 AM PDT
    Just being a good (class) and a helpful person. I just want people to say, ‘Oh ya you wanna group with (name) he is good’
    • 70 posts
    September 18, 2019 2:45 AM PDT

"I want to be the best and have the best gear so I can be unique like everyone else"

:P 

This post was edited by Qulash at September 18, 2019 2:45 AM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    September 18, 2019 3:05 PM PDT

Hmmm my helpfulness...particularly to newbies,  friendliness,  willingness to take one for the team (if necessary)  :D

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at September 18, 2019 3:07 PM PDT
    • 520 posts
    September 19, 2019 10:19 AM PDT

I like being known as a competent player and a pleasant person - someone you want in your group.  I don't care about being 'the best' at anything.

I aim to be known as a helpful player, though.  I don't really care about getting known across a whole server - being 'famous' - just so long as I develop a good sized group of friends and am known in a guild as helpful and useful.

^This.

• 1247 posts
    September 23, 2019 1:36 PM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

Hmmm my helpfulness...particularly to newbies,  friendliness,  willingness to take one for the team (if necessary)  :D

Cana

This; plus just returning mmo's as the successor of "old mmo's" that they should have been. Alternative, not Mainstream.

• 25 posts
    September 24, 2019 9:30 PM PDT

I'd prefer to be known for being sincere, helpful, open minded with lots of corny humor: as my main objectives are to make friends + enjoy the content.  Being "server 1st" is exciting but not a prime motivator for me, as realistically, there will always be a better X with more free time.

Being awesome at a specific class kinda happens organically if one spends enough time engaged in the world, I just want to be a good person cos there's real people on the other side of the screen worth getting to know. Like, everyone's got a story, & there are some really beautiful people out there who also enjoy fantasy mmorpgs! :3

• 77 posts
    September 24, 2019 10:31 PM PDT
    The best tank.