Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Would You Rather - Steal in-game money from...

• 1428 posts
    August 13, 2019 8:38 AM PDT

bminus said: As a rogue, I would steal from all of them, I am an equal opportunity thief. If you cannot hold onto your money I will gladly hold onto it for you :)

i can respect this.  10 points.

(question mark above my head)

you there rogue!  i'm in need of your services.  there is a... competitor i would like for you to take care of.  you'll be rewarded handsomely for your services.

(you google the quest and find that it's a painstakingly long chain quest.. how do you proceed?)

• 945 posts
    August 13, 2019 8:51 AM PDT

Merchant - I would justify this by not "stealing'' as much as just "persuading" the merchant to give me a great deal on my trade.  You know... "make them an offer they can't refuse" ;)

Afterall, heroes shouldn't pay full price because they're protecting the merchants... think of it as a service discount - a really big discount!  :)

• 1428 posts
    August 13, 2019 9:17 AM PDT

Darch said:

Merchant - I would justify this by not "stealing'' as much as just "persuading" the merchant to give me a great deal on my trade.  You know... "make them an offer they can't refuse" ;)

Afterall, heroes shouldn't pay full price because they're protecting the merchants... think of it as a service discount - a really big discount!  :)

(on the assassin's guild bulletin reads a flyer) 

dear adventurer!  please help!  there is a tyrannical hero holding me hostage forcing me to give him discounts that is highway robbery!  i'll give you 10% of my earnings for the week!

(pvp quest, player with the most kills gets the reward at the end of the week, this npc merchant sells teleportation reagents and is visited very frequently)

• 768 posts
    August 13, 2019 10:54 AM PDT

If I have the option to steal in a game, most of the time I'm not acting on it. It's just not something I see much value in. ESO was fun but there was not enough story behind it for me to continue doing it. 

Give me a good story and reason to want to steal in a game and/or even do that repeatable times.  

Still I'd go for merchant and up to choose my targets. I'm not too happy about stealing from a beggar. Not much to gain there anyway and any reaction from that beggar would not be much of a challenge.

Unless that I'm stealing a secret parchment from a secret society of beggars.

This post was edited by Barin999 at August 13, 2019 10:55 AM PDT
    • 184 posts
    August 13, 2019 4:50 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Would You Rather - Steal in-game money from a beggar, a merchant, a citizen or a heavily armed guard? How do you justify your decision? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

All of the above... Why limit the players to only being able to steal from beggar's, merchants, citizen's or guards? I would prefer to be able to steal from any NPC I can get close enough to in order to steal from them. If I managed to obtain kindly faction with the Orc's and I happen to be in their camp and they have a merchant there I should be able to steal from them if my ability is high enough, and if I fail I should lose faction and be attacked by the NPC I tried to steal from.

Rint

• 7 posts
    August 14, 2019 12:18 AM PDT

bminus said: As a rogue, I would steal from all of them, I am an equal opportunity thief. If you cannot hold onto your money I will gladly hold onto it for you :)

My sentiments exactly. Who is first depends on the angle of the sun and if I had enough coffee this morning to evade the guard...

• 752 posts
    August 14, 2019 1:13 PM PDT

When i played rogue it was pretty much free-for-all. My favorite thing tho was stealing from guards.