Forums » The Wizard

Maintained Linked-Portals (within zone)

• 45 posts
    August 9, 2019 12:02 PM PDT

I would like to see the Wizard with the ability to create two portals linked together.  They can be maintainable while the Wizard stays in the zone and has enough mana.  

The portals allow vision to the other location as if it was a door.  This can be used for easy transit from a zone entrance to the group, allow the group to bypass certain mobs that the Wizard was able to invis by, or even used by the puller to pull enemies deep in a dungeon to the entrance through the portal.  

• 1657 posts
    August 11, 2019 3:40 AM PDT

I really like the idea, as long as it's heavy in cost while channeling. It seems like a feat of strength requiring two powerfull casters.

• 1331 posts
    August 11, 2019 12:29 PM PDT

This seems like a weaker coth...which I like for a wizard as we know some form of coth will be a summoner staple.

It would act like coth except it wouldn't summon a player from any location within a zone to the caster.  The location the players would be teleported to (the 2 portals) would be fixed.  I would also expect that the entry portal would have a limited duration and only be usable within a zone.  Unlike coth, I wouldn't expect it to drop aggro which would limit a lot of the utility in comparison to coth but maybe it could?  Hard to say.  

• 141 posts
    August 20, 2019 12:11 PM PDT

This is a VERY good idea I think. Have it channel and use a lot of mana. Wizards for the most part usually wait a few moments before engaging as to not take aggro. A smart Wizard can identify his situation and determine whether or not it's safe to jump in and fight. Staying out of combat for a period of time they wont be on the aggro list and may be able to channel a portal and save the group so to speak.

I agree with Mauvais it needs to require a lot of mana to channel. Perhaps channeling it for 10 seconds takes most of a wizards mana. But this would certainly give wizards a reason to be desired for groups.