Forums » Crafting and Gathering

“ Crafting and the Community ” w/ Dayhjawk

• 259 posts
    July 23, 2019 11:37 AM PDT

On this weeks “ Crafting and the Community ” we are spotlighting community member “ Dayhjawk ”. A huge thank you from Old School Crafters to " Dayhjawk @dayhjawk " for taking the time to answer these few questions for us.

Be sure to check out Dayhjawk here:

On Twitter

And on Twitch TV

Remember to check back each week as we spotlight a different community member.

1) Do you enjoy crafting or are you more of the adventuring type?

Yes I love crafting and really enjoy it when it goes hand and hand with the rest of the game. I love adventuring too, and try and keep the two balanced as I level, but in some games I have found it better to just focus on leveling them go back and focus on crafting sadly.

2) What was your first experience with crafting in an MMORPG?

Really depends on how you look at it. The horadric cube in d2 I would say was my first, otherwise Everquest.

3) Do you have a favorite type of crafting and if so why?

Yes blacksmithing/armorsmithing and mining. I always take those.

4) Are you excited with development of the crafting and harvesting skills?

Yes very excited but waiting for more information. while the general direction, I think, they are going, I am ok with. I think Ultima online has had the best crafting system ever and would love to see if Pantheon is going to be similar.

5) And lastly, how important of a role do you feel crafting should play in Pantheon?

I think raid gear should be top of the line gear, and that gear outside of raid zones should go hand and hand with crafting and come down to a matter of min/max and choice. I do think for some zones, have crafting be a means of "starting" raid gear is acceptable. I just think if crafting gear is better or the same as raid gear, then what's the point in raiding. That's one of the reasons to do raiding, to get something that you normally cannot get via other means. I also think raid gear should be non-tradeable, otherwise again, what's the point in raiding if I can just buy the gear. It takes away from raiding. Sorry a little off topic, but I find that these three areas, non-raid gear, raid-gear and crafting to be very important and each needs to have a purpose and place otherwise it takes away from the other and causes more harm then good.