Forums » The Ranger

Please include Dwarves

• 24 posts
    July 17, 2019 7:30 AM PDT

if you look at any of the major fantasy worlds, you'll find rangers, scouts, crossbowmen, sharpshooters(rifles), etc. in the ranks of dwarves. it feels wrong to not include ranger in their tool belt. please consider including dwarves for the ranger class.

• 307 posts
    July 17, 2019 9:23 PM PDT

This is a new game with its own lore. Fantasy is a big term, how you envision how fantasy should be, makes it stand out and unique.

Give their decisions a chance before one blasts the generalisation-canon on it. 

You might find this approach refreshing and to your liking. 

• 24 posts
    July 18, 2019 9:29 AM PDT

thanks for this attempt to suppress an opinion, random guy who thinks he has the right to shut other people down. 

please, feel free to backstep or make another insightful witty comment.

This post was edited by ChristoUS82 at July 18, 2019 9:30 AM PDT
    • 307 posts
    July 18, 2019 10:07 AM PDT

ChristoUS82 said:

thanks for this attempt to suppress an opinion, random guy who thinks he has the right to shut other people down. 

please, feel free to backstep or make another insightful witty comment.

I meant nothing personal with it. I'm just saying, give them a chance to roll out what they have intended, one might like it. 

A different point of view was not meant to be of a suppressive nature. My apologies if that came across too strongly for you. We're all on these forums, on our way to playing this game with the intend of voicing and discussion related topics. We're all equal here.

• 1584 posts
    July 19, 2019 3:45 PM PDT

Soooo.

A random guy yells at another calling him random guy ?

I mean, did you just discover a forum was a mean to communicate with others and not a private message ?

No idea or opinion will be embraced and beloved by everyone, neither mine, neither yours. Feeling suppressed is simply not assuming your idea can be bad for someone else.

• 24 posts
    July 20, 2019 4:36 AM PDT

what?

• 24 posts
    July 20, 2019 4:37 AM PDT

i think its safe to say, the OP needs to be taken as it was meant.. there is a class in a game that does not include a race availability. id like to see dwarves be able to be rangers.  you dont need to respond at all.

This post was edited by ChristoUS82 at July 20, 2019 4:38 AM PDT
    • 620 posts
    July 21, 2019 6:16 PM PDT

I hear ya Chriso.  I wouldn't bet on this changing within the first year or so though.  There are a lot of race/class decisions that don't make a whole lot of sense but these are the choices that have been made.  Little decisions like this are the ones that eat away at people over months that make them resent a game. 

If someone really wants to play a Dwarven Ranger, and ends up reluctantly playing a Human (even though they really don't want to) and years later they allow Dwarven Rangers, they instantly turn fans bitter.  I know things like this has made me quit games... especially if I've paid money for years to do something I didn't really want to do because I was originally told I had no choice.

• 128 posts
    August 7, 2019 6:27 PM PDT

ChristoUS82 said:

i think its safe to say, the OP needs to be taken as it was meant.. there is a class in a game that does not include a race availability. id like to see dwarves be able to be rangers.  you dont need to respond at all.

We don't need to respond, but it's an open forum so we can respond. Just as you don't need to post at all, but you did. So this becomes a discussion.

I say leave the dwarves to what their stubby legs do best. According to the lore, it seems fine to leave them out. Strength, virtue, the arcane is their specializations and generally dwarves are found in dwellings of stone and smithing. Not necessarily in the wilderness.

• 31 posts
    September 11, 2019 12:30 PM PDT

My own 2 cents on a ranger is someone of nature much like a druid but with less emphasis on magic and more on weaponry

to me dorfs belong in holes in the ground with pick axes mining.

But thats my thoughts on the idea, best of luck.

• 560 posts
    September 12, 2019 4:13 PM PDT
    I don’t see dwarves fitting in as rangers in Pantheons lore... doesn’t bother me one way or other though.

However personally I hear dwarf and think of under the mountain savage warrior type. Not a wandering person out in the wilderness. Unless they were going to war with another nation.