Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Guild Benefits & Perks?

• 1921 posts
    July 9, 2019 5:11 PM PDT

On the subject from January:

vjek more or less said:

... my view for many years has been that guilds should be the sum of their parts, only, immediately and dynamically.  They should not have their own level, inherently or intrinsically, or distinctly, but rather, the current guild level should be the sum of whatever players have chosen to sacrifice, donate or channel up to that point.  As in, for example, a player sacrifices, donates, or channels XP, items, or money to an organization (such as a PC or NPC guild) while they adventure.  I like the term "Reward Channeling" but "VoluntaryTaxes" also works.

So say they kill & loot a humanoid, it drops 10cp, 10xp, and a Jute Cloth.  Automatically, 1cp and 1 XP of that is magically donated to the guild they currently belong to, but the running total is stored along with their character record.  There could be ratio modifiers so that items are worth more than XP or currency, whatever you want to encourage.   When they get back to town, they sacrifice the Jute Cloth on an altar. In any case, the item value of all sacrificed items, the total XP sacrificed, and the total currency sacrificed (let's just say those three values) are stored as a running total with the character record.  (not a/the guild record)

As time passes, these players gain prestige, power, or some other tangible rewards for their contributions/donations/reward channeling.  Other players notice, and think... "Ok, if I had this guy in my guild, my guild level would increase".  And... "If I had 10 of those guys, my guild level would REALLY increase".  And it's in the best interest of the guild to keep their members happy, as someone leaving would immediately affect the overall guild level.  If everyone left, the guild level is now zero.

As players play more, and donate more, their value to guilds increases.  Those players that donate, sacrifice, or reward channel more are more valuable to poach from other guilds. Optionally, you could add in Accomplishments or something similar, such that the number and type of quests completed could also be added to a characters prestige value, to make them more attractive.  Epic quests or class quests and/or being in a group or raid when those are completed for OTHER classes or players, could also be added as value, if you wanted to encourage that type of co-operative behavior.

Only the top x or (max_raid_size * 1.5) guild members could count towards the guild level, if desired.  Let's say 36 is the max raid size, then the top 36 or 54 contributors would apply to the guild level, for example.  So, guilds can be as small or large as you want, if that's also a design goal.

Finally, you could also add downing bosses or raid targets as prestige Accomplishments, but perhaps only if other pre-requisites have been completed.  Temporal limits may also be desirable, depending on design goals.

The main point being:  The guild level, rewards, perks, whatever other 'thing' is unique to being in a guild?  That's a result of the current members.  If everyone leaves?  The guild reverts to nothing and has exactly zero benefits other than having the tag/name above your head.

• 1404 posts
    July 9, 2019 6:44 PM PDT

When it comes to anything "Guild" in Pantheon, might I suggest starting with Kilsin's post in the "Guild Discussion" thread in the "General Guild Discussion" forum area. That has a TON of info, it would seem Kilsin has a "bit" of a passion for Guilds 

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1787/guild-discussion

• 53 posts
    July 9, 2019 7:53 PM PDT

Zorkon said:

When it comes to anything "Guild" in Pantheon, might I suggest starting with Kilsin's post in the "Guild Discussion" thread in the "General Guild Discussion" forum area. That has a TON of info, it would seem Kilsin has a "bit" of a passion for Guilds 

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1787/guild-discussion

Thanks Zorkon- I will take a look at that. I probably should have cruised by there to start.

• 1095 posts
    July 10, 2019 1:59 PM PDT

bigdogchris said:

Aich said:

I like QoL benfits like EQ2 guild perks when you get high level guild you got raid flags you can drop for people to teleport to

I wouldn't classify that as QoL. I would classify it as game breaking, but to each their own.

To me, QoL means you are making something easier without changing gameplay. For example, based on a recent question, shared bank between account is an example of quality of life improvement. Another example may be the ability to create custom U if you couldn't before.

Game breaking lol, not so much.

• 801 posts
    July 10, 2019 2:22 PM PDT

OP i am going to flag this post for potential ideas you just brought up. I added a couple ideas of my own and figured a new idea out for the Devs to explore.

Such as Guild Quests, Guild Raids, Guild Accomplishments, and more so Guild portal system after a hidden quest has been discovered. This might open up larger 24 man raids etc... Get my drift?

Guilds dont need to get too many perks as they develop their own perks in game, by having easier mobility, and access to things a small group might not get. However you did bring up a whole new idea and line that should be looked into.

Remember this is a group, guild game. Not a solo players game outside the box to do the same things as others much larger. So if you expect to be that 1 elite ranger soloing a raid dragon, forget it.

Thanks OP you brought out some great concept ideas for guilds, and smaller group guilds that the devs might be able to explore in time. Makes a great conversation.

and yes everything can be done differently, then just exploring more perks for larger Mega Guilds.