Forums » Secret Class

High Mortal

• 1227 posts
    July 1, 2019 1:42 PM PDT

Well since we are given this in lore why not expand on this a bit.

Class: High Mortal

Description: A branch or option to the progeny system that after reaching max level a character can stay at max current class or become a High Mortal.The High Mortal will be current max level but HP/MANA will be cut to specified limit across the board reguardless of race/class. The High Mortal will in return get a subset of abilities or all abilities they have learned from previous progengy experiences.

Equipment: Can wear whatever and the effectitiveness is based on past skill values.

Strength: Able to utilized past learned skills, either all or a mix/match matrix.

Weakness: Reduced HP/MANA almost 50% cut. Not able to improve anyskill.

Addons: Could open up options for Guides to be actual players in this form. Progeny Levels, access to items that require a number of times to be reborn to use or be used in the additional of abilities that are able to be used as a High Mortal. Example, you progeny 5 times, you get access to 5 past classes skills you have learned. Miniture form of multi-classing.

Abilities: Remort/Progeny back to level 1 and can pick a new race or class. You keep all keys/. flags skills, factions and resists from previous lives and maybe +1 to a stat.

So the backstory for this is from a MUD I played on who also had a remort(progeny) system when one you reached level 100 you could remort to level 1, and do a race/class change then relevel to 100.The key here is that at level 100, you would becomes a Demi-God and your hp/mana was cut to 2k for both but you gained access to all the skills/spells in the game. Alot of people who wanted to stay as strong as possible stayed at level 99 but going to 100 you could explore the world more easily etc and them remort if you wanted to relevel.

• 1227 posts
    July 4, 2019 5:17 PM PDT

No one has no comments?

• 467 posts
    July 4, 2019 9:40 PM PDT

It's difficult for me to understand. This is talking about mixing previous class abilties right? 

How about this, give us an example of how it works.  

My warrior reaches max level and now I want to be a High Mortal and progeny back to level 1 and pick a wizard.  Do I get a mix of wizard and warrior abilities? 

• 1227 posts
    July 5, 2019 6:44 AM PDT

Tigersin said:

It's difficult for me to understand. This is talking about mixing previous class abilties right? 

How about this, give us an example of how it works.  

My warrior reaches max level and now I want to be a High Mortal and progeny back to level 1 and pick a wizard.  Do I get a mix of wizard and warrior abilities? 

You would only get the diff abilities in the High Mortal state, after you progeny to level 1 you are just like everyone else except any bonus you get from progening.

• 467 posts
    July 5, 2019 8:23 AM PDT

If you really want to discuss your idea, I think you should edit and restructure the first post to clearly explain what a High Mortal is and what it gains. The idea of leveling is associated with gaining and I'm thrown off by the losses, restrictions and effectiveness. Expand on it a bit.  :)

• 1227 posts
    July 5, 2019 11:12 AM PDT

Tigersin said:

If you really want to discuss your idea, I think you should edit and restructure the first post to clearly explain what a High Mortal is and what it gains. The idea of leveling is associated with gaining and I'm thrown off by the losses, restrictions and effectiveness. Expand on it a bit.  :)

I though I did that lol. It kinda depends on how Progeny works. This is a far fetched idea but was trying to come up with a playable version of the High Mortal thats in the lore.

• 831 posts
    July 5, 2019 1:39 PM PDT

Aich said:

Tigersin said:

I though I did that lol. It kinda depends on how Progeny works. This is a far fetched idea but was trying to come up with a playable version of the High Mortal thats in the lore.

being a high mortal means you've been corrupted and have fallen to the dark side.  you become a complete outcast from normal society and have access to a special city exclusive to the corrupted. in bdo, we call these boys perma red players.

• 1227 posts
    July 5, 2019 1:56 PM PDT

stellarmind said:

Aich said:

Tigersin said:

being a high mortal means you've been corrupted and have fallen to the dark side.  you become a complete outcast from normal society and have access to a special city exclusive to the corrupted. in bdo, we call these boys perma red players.

Negative

• 1597 posts
    July 5, 2019 2:17 PM PDT

stellarmind said:

Aich said:

Tigersin said:

Pretty much inconsistent with the lore of Pantheon, as it's completely untied to beeing hostile.

On the main subject :

However, the idea of offering a half godhood to players, whatever the task is, means it will ultimately be populated by a majority of high mortals and It doesn't sound positive for the game at all.

• 831 posts
    July 5, 2019 2:31 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

stellarmind said:

Aich said:

Tigersin said:

Pretty much inconsistent with the lore of Pantheon, as it's completely untied to beeing hostile.

On the main subject :

However, the idea of offering a half godhood to players, whatever the task is, means it will ultimately be populated by a majority of high mortals and It doesn't sound positive for the game at all.

50% mana and hp is pretty hefty drawback though :o

• 467 posts
    July 5, 2019 3:45 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

On the main subject :

No one would be one.  That is what I was trying to tell him/her.  He/she described it as having significant drawbacks.     If you want to design a new class, it'll take more than a few paragraps.  We need more info :)

Oh and hi Stellar! o/   a High Mortal is currently only known to be a god who has descended. The Dwarf king is a high mortal. :)  It seems reasonable a mortal can ascend but I don't think I have heard of any doing it (yet) in the lore. It would take great power for that to happen... perhaps even a god sacrificing themself to ascend a mortal.  Doesn't sound worth it.  

This post was edited by Tigersin at July 5, 2019 3:50 PM PDT
    • 1227 posts
    July 5, 2019 3:46 PM PDT

stellarmind said:

50% mana and hp is pretty hefty drawback though :o

Yeap thats the point, you are cut in half but get access to more abilities. Is the basic. Works off the progeny also for what skills/spelsl you get at this form.

• 1227 posts
    July 5, 2019 3:48 PM PDT

Tigersin said:

MauvaisOeil said:

On the main subject :

No one would be one.  That is what I was trying to tell him/her.  He/she described it as having significant drawbacks.     If you want to design a new class, it'll take more than a few paragraps.  We need more info :)

I'm a he. This isn;t a class persay. Only exists at max level. And after you choose to become one.

High Mortal isn't a natural state but one The Gods choose to become due to some sacrifice.

Read the backstory on my OP on the orgin on this which as a "Demi-God" in a MUD I played.

This post was edited by Aich at July 5, 2019 3:52 PM PDT
    • 1227 posts
    July 5, 2019 3:59 PM PDT

Tigersin said:

Oh and hi Stellar! o/   a High Mortal is currently only known to be a god who has descended. The Dwarf king is a high mortal. :)  It seems reasonable a mortal can ascend but I don't think I have heard of any doing it (yet) in the lore. It would take great power for that to happen... perhaps even a god sacrificing themself to ascend a mortal.  Doesn't sound worth it.  

You also forgot about Syronai of the Myr.

Is it impossible for a max level char who is is factors more powereful then the common townsfolks; along with whatever, maybe class epic weapon sacrific be worthy of such a feat?

There is no going back, only option would be to progeny,

This post was edited by Aich at July 5, 2019 4:04 PM PDT
    • 467 posts
    July 5, 2019 4:04 PM PDT

I don't know Aich.  I've read the 'backstory' a few times.  I'm just don't understand it and I was hoping you'd explain it further.  I'm sorry brother.  I have a vague idea of what you've said and I hear you that it may not be a 'class'.   I just don't understand the idea behind it (the other game).  It sounds interesting but I'll wait to see if you post more about it later.  <3

• 1227 posts
    July 5, 2019 4:08 PM PDT

Tigersin said:

I don't know Aich.  I've read the 'backstory' a few times.  I'm just don't understand it and I was hoping you'd explain it further.  I'm sorry brother.  I have a vague idea of what you've said and I hear you that it may not be a 'class'.   I just don't understand the idea behind it (the other game).  It sounds interesting but I'll wait to see if you post more about it later.  <3

How can I help ya lol? 

Here is an example.

at level (max) you get an option to be this High Mortal, thru whatever means, just an option or and additional epic item sacrifice.

You remain level (max), and are then cut in half in HP/MANA but you have access to more abilities, either the ones you had access too from progeny or just all of them or maybe a subset from how manytimes you progeny.

Sums it up. Liek I said this all depends on how progeny works. How I see it(progeny) working you just go back to level 1, same name but keepo all you gained plus whatever bonus you get from doing it. Thats how I experenced it on a MUD. You may "retire" the current verison of a char but you keep the same name etc, just a "advance aich level 1" command in MUD command terms.

This post was edited by Aich at July 5, 2019 4:20 PM PDT
    • 467 posts
    July 5, 2019 5:10 PM PDT

Well for starters..  let's say there are 60 levels and, at max level with BIS, I'm sitting at 2500 HP with 1600 MANA. 

I take this High Mortal option and now I have 60 levels, BIS, and I'm sitting at 1250 HP and 800 MANA?   Yikes.  Is anyone else reading this different?

• 1227 posts
    July 5, 2019 5:25 PM PDT

Tigersin said:

Well for starters..  let's say there are 60 levels and, at max level with BIS, I'm sitting at 2500 HP with 1600 MANA. 

I take this High Mortal option and now I have 60 levels, BIS, and I'm sitting at 1250 HP and 800 MANA?   Yikes.  Is anyone else reading this different?

Your missing half the point, you get access to more spells abilities. In the orginal MUD version of Demi-God you got access to all spells.

So the question is what would you give up to be a demi-god? Meaning you can heal, rez port yourself.

This post was edited by Aich at July 5, 2019 5:27 PM PDT
    • 467 posts
    July 5, 2019 5:30 PM PDT

Aich said:

Your missing half the point, you get access to more spells abilities. In the orginal MUD version of Demi-God you got access to all spells.

So the question is what would you give up to be a demi-god? Meaning you can heal, rez port yourself.

No, I assure you, I didn't miss any of the point.  I'm trying to explain that you'll just be dying a lot.  What good is healing when I have half the HP to heal and half the mana with which to cast the heal spell?   I have the health and mana of a level 30 while I'm fighting level 60 monsters.   In your example, a demi-god means weak and unhealthy.    I don't have to keep posting in here... I'm just trying to explain how bad you're making it sound.  <3   Maybe re-work it a little.

• 1227 posts
    July 5, 2019 5:35 PM PDT

Tigersin said:

Aich said:

No, I assure you, I didn't miss any of the point.  I'm trying to explain that you'll just be dying a lot.  What good is healing when I have half the HP to heal and half the mana with which to cast the heal spell?   I have the health and mana of a level 30 while I'm fighting level 60 monsters.   In your example, a demi-god means weak and unhealthy.    I don't have to keep posting in here... I'm just trying to explain how bad you're making it sound.  <3   Maybe re-work it a little.

Its suposed to be weak.....

What would you give up to be able to cast any spell in the game?

This post was edited by Aich at July 5, 2019 5:36 PM PDT
    • 467 posts
    July 5, 2019 5:42 PM PDT

Alright well now I get the guide reference.  Am I close to what you're thinking if I compare this to Gandalf from LOTR? :)

• 1597 posts
    July 6, 2019 10:13 AM PDT

Technically we have no proof that "ascension" is possible, all that happened in pantheon's lore is 'descension", a god descending to mortality. They give up much but because of the dragon accord and celestial boundaries, they can directly help their people. That's what khazas did and I doubt he's got a low HP pool or such...

The fact is : gods can give away their godhood to turn into highmortals. But mortals have nothing to offer to become high mortal.

• 1227 posts
    July 6, 2019 3:16 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Technically we have no proof that "ascension" is possible, all that happened in pantheon's lore is 'descension", a god descending to mortality. They give up much but because of the dragon accord and celestial boundaries, they can directly help their people. That's what khazas did and I doubt he's got a low HP pool or such...

The fact is : gods can give away their godhood to turn into highmortals. But mortals have nothing to offer to become high mortal.

No? Sacrificing a class epic weapon and half health/mana for such isn;t enough.

• 1597 posts
    July 6, 2019 4:19 PM PDT

Aich said:

MauvaisOeil said:

That makes no sense, the epic weapon is just an object, and the Health/mana is contrary to be an ascended. It's not like beeing an ascended was turning into a peg legged man armes with a gatling.

You don't get infused with divine magic and get weaker, you're supposed to be stronger than what you were, just like Khazas is hinted as stronger and sturdier than mortals. But he gave up godhood while trading your local lunch tickets won't give you anything comparable.

• 1227 posts
    July 6, 2019 4:43 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Aich said:

MauvaisOeil said:

That makes no sense, the epic weapon is just an object, and the Health/mana is contrary to be an ascended. It's not like beeing an ascended was turning into a peg legged man armes with a gatling.

You don't get infused with divine magic and get weaker, you're supposed to be stronger than what you were, just like Khazas is hinted as stronger and sturdier than mortals. But he gave up godhood while trading your local lunch tickets won't give you anything comparable.

lol lunch tickets.

This post was edited by Aich at July 7, 2019 8:59 AM PDT