Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

What's the first moment that hooked you?

• 145 posts
    July 3, 2019 2:23 PM PDT

honestly I was at my friends house he went to sleep and i played a wizard to lvl ten because a gm powerlvld me after that i was hooked to eq for a couple of years

• 62 posts
    July 4, 2019 2:23 AM PDT

When i started StarWars Galaxies I was hooked right from the minute I landed in Moenia. An Imperial Officer gave me a pistol, a melon and 250 credits. I chose Moenia (Naboo) as my started area. I was welcomed by two other players (a fat twi'lek and a Rodian named Seko) who crafted me a fishing pole and took me to a cave full of dogthings. Man what an adventure the first day. I spend my first month only in the swamplands there before i head out to Bestine, Tatooine with my first hard earned credits.

With Vanguard I started in Qalia. I was hooked also immediatly. When i started on top of that hill, i looked down andsaw the big round harbout city of Khal. The music and atmosphere really got to me.

I just can't wait to get that same feeling with Pantheon. I hope i get it.

• 9115 posts
    July 4, 2019 3:57 AM PDT

Fun topic guys but it is not about Pantheon, therefore belongs in Off-Topic!

• 99 posts
    August 1, 2019 4:34 AM PDT
    My first MMO was EQ so I'm going with it but I was playing a Dwarf and randomly getting lost in the starting zone. Found a chess board with skellys on it I thought that was bad ass.
    • 839 posts
    August 5, 2019 11:53 PM PDT

EQ1 -  Working out how to make the trip from Gfay with my 1st Char - (Wood Elf Druid) to meet my friend in EC to xp together, it was a crazy journey and i was mostly in a perpetual state of being lost! Died a few times and when i landed back in Gfay after dying the last time a higher level wood elf randomly took me under his wing without me asking and helped me get all the way there, made a great friend that day as we took the boat together and once we arrived in EC he chucked my friend and I a few plat, a few bits and pieces to sell and an add to his friends list, that was when i realised there were some amazing people out there in EQ to meet, and that was when i made it my mission to always pass on that act of kindness forward to all I met.

I still think of that moment to this day when I meet a newbie on any game and always strive to give someone else that same experience I had!

Also, the epicness of that journey from Gfay to EC also made me realise I wasnt hardly playing a game any more, I was existing in what i could only describe as a living world and my positive actions could give other people either real joy / happiness and that was a cool thing!

• 25 posts
    September 23, 2019 6:59 PM PDT

1st hook?  Late 90's I remember walking into Fry's Electronics & saw an Everquest box...  

later that night...  I was wandering around as a Half Elf Ranger, exploring Surefall Glade... fully emmersed!  There was a lodge of hunters, outside the city, and they were protecting the bears... I thought that was SO cool and felt right at home :)

Later, I rerolled to Druid and never looked back...  I still have the SoW spell sound as my text notification, because every time i hear that sound, it makes me unspeakably happy/nostalgic/comforted :)

• 416 posts
    September 24, 2019 12:34 PM PDT

Aich said:

Druid Tree Form

My favorite spell ever!

Aanwenae said: In all honesty...I was hooked as soon I heard EQ's theme music on my loading screen for the first time. Doesn't take much...

This...

• 223 posts
    October 5, 2019 8:05 AM PDT

Thorndeep said:

Aich said:

Druid Tree Form

My favorite spell ever!

Aanwenae said: In all honesty...I was hooked as soon I heard EQ's theme music on my loading screen for the first time. Doesn't take much...

This...

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/10589/loading-please-wait

looking back there were many things but most of all all the people that helped others get familiar with the game and the close community that evolved.