Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

UO Clone, for those looking for something to play.

• 844 posts
    June 28, 2019 8:16 AM PDT
    • 273 posts
    June 28, 2019 12:24 PM PDT

Okay game, terrible devs. They've renegged on a lot of their promises from the crowdfunding campaign. New content and updates are consistently delayed or canceled. Probably the most egregious is they made an explicit promise of no P2W items in their cash shop, and when they released skill boosting potions in the shop they first tried to play it off as "mock patch notes," and then did some Olympic level mental gymnastics to say that skill boosting items aren't actually pay-to-win, in a game that is 100% skill based. They were openly hostile to the community over this.

I decided to check in a few weeks ago and see where the game was... Steam launch is still "Coming Soon" (it's been over a year since it was first promised), P2W items still exist in the cash shop, and I saw a bunch of people saying the Legends of Ultima community server is in a better place today than the base game.

I think the game still has potential, and I'd like it to succeed since UO was my first MMO after playing MUDs, but I don't really trust Citadel to deliver.

This post was edited by eunichron at June 28, 2019 12:24 PM PDT
    • 844 posts
    July 26, 2019 8:12 AM PDT

Update from Aria Discord.

It’s been a long road, and we love you all for sticking with us through it. We’re excited to announce that Legends of Aria will finally be launching on Steam on August 6th, 2019